IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 112.
#1301 4 years ago

Just need my BK topper
20190930_180408 (resized).jpg20190930_180408 (resized).jpg

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I hope they introduce an adult setting to the knight taunts

Like I said a couple of months ago: create a KNIGHT PERSONA adjustment and give us the option choices of HUMOROUS, TRADITIONAL EVIL, and SAMUEL L. JACKSON.
(I think Amazon read the latter suggestion and ran with it!)

#1303 4 years ago

SR has said that he doesn't see a reason to add profanity to a pinball game, so that's out.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Like I said a couple of months ago: create a KNIGHT PERSONA adjustment and give us the option choices of HUMOROUS, TRADITIONAL EVIL, and SAMUEL L. JACKSON.
(I think Amazon read the latter suggestion and ran with it!)

I was playing at a friend's house and thought Black Knight would be the perfect game for a "talk back" mode. Basically when the Black Knight taunts you, you have a very limited (as in a second or less) and specific time to hit the lockdown bar button to spout a retort. It could award you with various things for doing this. Kinda like the "Thank You Mr. Data" on STTNG when you press both flipper buttons to cut off Data in the post ball, bonus sequence.

#1305 4 years ago

anyone have a date for the topper? need xmas ideas for the wife

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

A13usaonutL._CLa-2140,2000-81tw6PgnKkL.png-0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX385_ (resized).jpgA13usaonutL._CLa-2140,2000-81tw6PgnKkL.png-0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX385_ (resized).jpg

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

SR has said that he doesn't see a reason to add profanity to a pinball game, so that's out.

This would be the same SR that put F bombs and other profanity deep into AC⚡️DC code lol

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

give us the option choices of HUMOROUS, TRADITIONAL EVIL, and SAMUEL L. JACKSON.

This would work as well for me. I just hate that such a great dark themed pin with that kind of thrash style music has the moronic sounding, bad humor pinball call out crap. I have my speech basically att to the point its inaudible but it affects other speech that I want to hear. So either i wish they would give u the option to choose ur style or shut it off. So many great pins are plagued with this.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well unless she’s a huge pinball fan make sure it’s not the only present. Trust me.

#1310 4 years ago

Ok so I’ve had around 25 games on my Le. This game is so frustrating but awesome!!! A great game to own and master, but it definitely needs some code fixes and changes:

What I’ve noted so far:

The supers (ie super pops etc) are very underwhelming. Minor scoring almost not worth bothering with, no accompanying light shows and sound fx like say in imdn for example. Pathetic time limit... I know you can add time but given the low scoring who cares. This is a major part of the game given the screen realestate they take up and inserts. This is my biggest gripe.

Also the 3 bank is next to useless.

There needs to be some element of risk reward and some juicy double and triple scoring opportunities at some point in the game.

There are a couple bugs here and there but when the coders drop the version 1 code I sometimes get cautious and concerned as in their eyes the majority of the game is cooked and ready. I don’t see this as the case at all to make this a winning title. Anyway see what happens. Hopefully TS has still been slotted some serious time for this game.

If the next code is just for topper inclusion the I’m afraid Mr BK may not be living in my games room for a lengthy time.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well unless she’s a huge pinball fan make sure it’s not the only present. Trust me.

lol no, her buying for me - I'm very hard to get stuff for apparently . I get all her stuff at the LV shop

#1312 4 years ago

Well he sure as shit should!!

26DD417F-5071-4B98-8F97-7DA9FE813D4F (resized).jpeg26DD417F-5071-4B98-8F97-7DA9FE813D4F (resized).jpeg
#1313 4 years ago

Agree, would enjoy seeing a more aggressive adult mode speech from the black knight! The black knight is such a badass, would be great if he used profanity!!!

#1314 4 years ago

How does the sword work in this game... charge it up with drops then???

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

How does the sword work in this game... charge it up with drops then???

The Sword of Rage & Power
The sword meter on the right side of the display is filled via right drop target hits and miscellaneous switch hits. Individual targets give a small bump (1%) while, a bank completion gives a decent bump (around 20%). Once the sword is filled, the POWER target will light on the knight. Starting the POWER feature when lit during a mode will begin 2x Scoring for the mode, along with modifying the mode to make it easier to complete. Note that the Sword CANNOT be used on the Black Knight!

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

This would be the same SR that put F bombs and other profanity deep into AC⚡️DC code lol

I have the profanity ROM in my T2 - just one Ahnuld call-out that I know of and only in Free Play mode ("F-you, a-hole" in the database/mystery award and you get nothing.) I installed that ROM just a few months after I bought the game NIB back in 1991 (my very first ever NIB.)

That obviously pre-dates Pinball Browser. So does anyone know if this was a SR "approved" ROM, or did the programmers do it with his (initial) knowledge?

#1317 4 years ago

A couple sources said theyre not done with the code.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This would work as well for me. I just hate that such a great dark themed pin with that kind of thrash style music has the moronic sounding, bad humor pinball call out crap. I have my speech basically att to the point its inaudible but it affects other speech that I want to hear. So either i wish they would give u the option to choose ur style or shut it off. So many great pins are plagued with this.

I was about to bolt my BKSOR to the floor when they activated these call outs in the code release.

If indeed he blesses the wussy Black Knight as the knight's permanent and only persona, then it's quite clear that Steve Ritchie has irrevocably gone full-George Lucas and created his pinball version of Greedo shoots first. Very sad. Because we all know that's just a gateway to him creating his pinball version of Jar Jar.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

A couple sources said theyre not done with the code.

So how then? The only change I made to get it my game was to swap ROMs.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I was about to bolt my BKSOR to the floor when they activated these call outs in the code release.
If indeed he blesses the wussy Black Knight as the knight's permanent and only persona, then it's quite clear that Steve Ritchie has irrevocably gone full-George Lucas and created his pinball version of Greedo shoots first. Very sad. Because we all know that's just a gateway to him creating his pinball version of Jar Jar.

*Eyeroll*

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

lol no, her buying for me - I'm very hard to get stuff for apparently . I get all her stuff at the LV shop

Ohhhhh. That makes a lot more sense lol.

#1322 4 years ago

Hes absolutely correct, the Knight call outs suck, they suck bad and if I couldn't attenuate them into non existence then I would have to sell this game. Then again I always have to remember with whom I'm dealing with on this site, some of you guys can tolerate and might even enjoy SS call outs over and over, lets not even get into WWonka or Met.

#1323 4 years ago

You all are so dramatic. If it's so offensive to you just use pinball browser and dupe / change / delete the callouts you don't like.

It can't just be "I don't like the callouts" it has to be Steve Ritchie ruined my childhood and has IRREVOCABLY used humor in a way that makes my eyes rain because the black knight belongs to all of us and when he used to say give me your money it was funny scary not funny haha.

How dare he alter the rich and deep canon of the world of the black knight.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You all are so dramatic. If it's so offensive to you just use pinball browser and dupe / change / delete the callouts you don't like.
It c :-)an't just be "I don't like the callouts" it has to be Steve Ritchie ruined my childhood and has IRREVOCABLY used humor in a way that makes my eyes rain because the black knight belongs to all of us and when he used to say give me your money it was funny scary not funny haha.
How dare he alter the rich and deep canon of the world of the black knight.

I didn't buy the game with humorous knight call outs. I bought the traditional evil knight as Stern advertised it and as they initially delivered.
But then - after letting us be thrilled with the evil knight that many of us came to know and love - they go and activate the surprise wuss knight whose callouts were already sitting dormant in the game and they do not give us the option to adjust it as a factory setting. You wouldn't be very happy if Christopher Nolan replaced Christian Bale's Batman with Adam West's Batman in The Dark Knight and proclaimed that this is his Batman now - anymore than most people where when Joel Schumacher actually did exactly that to Tim Burton's Batman.

I don't buy NIB games so I can use Pinball Browser to change them back to the game the way it was advertised and that I thought I bought. If the next day you jump into your Chevy Corvette and discovered that it now permanently had the horsepower of a Chevy Spark after your most recent oil change, I imagine you'd be just a little upset. Had you known your Corvette was going to do that, you never would have bought it. That totally applies here and that's how many of us feel. But you're clearly NOT able to comprehend our position as a valid one.

You're also still not able to understand that we are NOT advocating that the humor go away. We totally get that there are folks who love it. And that's fine. So make it an adjustment and everyone is happy.

Sorry that you think Greedo shoots first is the better canon. But gee: at least we have the option to watch whichever version each of us prefers now, don't we?

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It can't just be "I don't like the callouts" it has to be Steve Ritchie ruined my childhood and has IRREVOCABLY used humor in a way that makes my eyes rain because the black knight belongs to all of us and when he used to say give me your money it was funny scary not funny haha.

Jesus, talk about dramatic

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The Sword of Rage & Power
The sword meter on the right side of the display is filled via right drop target hits and miscellaneous switch hits. Individual targets give a small bump (1%) while, a bank completion gives a decent bump (around 20%). Once the sword is filled, the POWER target will light on the knight. Starting the POWER feature when lit during a mode will begin 2x Scoring for the mode, along with modifying the mode to make it easier to complete. Note that the Sword CANNOT be used on the Black Knight!

Fantastic thanks for the advice.. I seen 2x come up for end of mode score and wasn’t sure ow I got it. I think some of the screen information needs to be a little more pronounced.

#1327 4 years ago

I like around half the call outs. Most are fine... and I like the acdc homage ones also. I do agree some are a bit lame though but that’s par for the course really. I think the Winston callouts on gb are extremely lame... and that’s from an actual ghostbuster.

#1328 4 years ago

Your logic is bad.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I like around half the call outs. Most are fine... and I like the acdc homage ones also. I do agree some are a bit lame though but that’s par for the course really. I think the Winston callouts on gb are extremely lame... and that’s from an actual ghostbuster.

What are the AC⚡️DC homage ones?

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

What are the AC⚡️DC homage ones?

Play better, give me your money

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Your logic is bad.

Oh well

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Ah cool, thanks. I had assumed SR did that in all his games

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

"Give me your money" is originally from Black Knight 2000.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Yeah and even my No Fear yells "play better" now and then I believe. So no ACDC references.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Cool

#1336 4 years ago

For anyone still having issues making it up the flail ramp after all the previous suggestions don't help try reducing the flipper power or just trying different strengths. Mine was on hard and was too strong hitting the top of the eject manifold many times. Dialed it back to normal strength and a lot better now.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

For anyone still having issues making it up the flail ramp after all the previous suggestions don't help try reducing the flipper power or just trying different strengths. Mine was on hard and was too strong hitting the top of the eject manifold many times. Dialed it back to normal strength and a lot better now.

Good stuff here. I have dialed back flipper and sling power for a much more flowing and enjoyable gaming experience.

#1338 4 years ago

Anyone really make it to King’s Ransom? I’ve had several really solid games but never get past the K of the second round of KNIGHT. A) by that point you’ve probably had one or two Triple Knights, meaning you have to hit the light lock multiple times to open each shield. B) the second time around you don’t get any spotted letters, so it’s that much harder to complete KNIGHT.

Also, unless I’m missing various other ways you can get numerous letters, realistically, to get 10 letters (4 on the first time and 6 on the second since they aren’t spotted), you’re also going to get to Black Castle.

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Anyone really make it to King’s Ransom? I’ve had several really solid games but never get past the K of the second round of KNIGHT. A) by that point you’ve probably had one or two Triple Knights, meaning you have to hit the light lock multiple times to open each shield. B) the second time around you don’t get any spotted letters, so it’s that much harder to complete KNIGHT.
Also, unless I’m missing various other ways you can get numerous letters, realistically, to get 10 letters (4 on the first time and 6 on the second since they aren’t spotted), you’re also going to get to Black Castle.

Been to Black Castle multiple times. Defeated the Knight once. Best I have ever gotten was to the G the second time. I really think this needs to be dialed back a bit in the next update. It shouldn't be significantly harder to get to Ransom than to Rage.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Been to Black Castle multiple times. Defeated the Knight once. Best I have ever gotten was to the G the second time. I really think this needs to be dialed back a bit in the next update. It shouldn't be significantly harder to get to Ransom than to Rage.

Yeah, not sure what could be done but something would be nice. Your experience puts it into perspective.

Hmm, wonder which of my Wizard Modes I’ll never see more, AC⚡️DC or BKSOR!? Lol

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yeah, not sure what could be done but something would be nice. Your experience puts it into perspective.
Hmm, wonder which of my Wizard Modes I’ll never see more, AC⚡️DC or BKSOR!? Lol

There could easily be more thresholds for collecting letters:
-Half way through monster
-Defeat monster
-At least one hit during WAR hurry-up
-Complete WAR hurry-up
-Successful MagnaSave use?
-Super skillshot
-Cash in a certain size (1m+?) Super Modes Jackpot
-X number of U-turns
-X number of jackpots or super jackpot in Triple Knight Challenge and Catapult

(I know some of these are already how you earn them, just putting together a potential full list)

I like that idea better than just spotting more letters. Of course you don't want to be handing out RANSOMs like candy, so likely can't do all of these, but adding a couple more letter earning opportunities could go a long way to making it more obtainable. RETRO seems just right...I wouldn't want that to be easier. So if this was done I would eliminate the initially spotted letters. Or...maybe some of these could only go into affect after RETRO? Lots of possible solutions.

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There could easily be more thresholds for collecting letters:
-Half way through monster
-Defeat monster
-At least one hit during WAR hurry-up
-Complete WAR hurry-up
-Successful MagnaSave use?
-Super skillshot
-Cash in a certain size (1m+?) Super Modes Jackpot
-X number of U-turns
-X number of jackpots or super jackpot in Triple Knight Challenge and Catapult
(I know some of these are already how you earn them, just putting together a potential full list)
I like that idea better than just spotting more letters. Of course you don't want to be handing out RANSOMs like candy, so likely can't do all of these, but adding a couple more letter earning opportunities could go a long way to making it more obtainable. RETRO seems just right...I wouldn't want that to be easier. So if this was done I would eliminate the initially spotted letters. Or...maybe some of these could only go into affect after RETRO? Lots of possible solutions.

Exactly the way I feel regarding Retro (1 KNIGHT) being the right amount of challenge (granted it’s two letters spotted)

#1343 4 years ago

Can we not post videos to this forum? Got retro KNIGHT mode tonight and the ball just sat in the VUK and it played the fantastic retro music with the “WAR HURRY UP” screen stuck up there. Shook it. Mashed it. Nothing helped. Finally after two minutes it decided to flash the proper black knight retro screen up and eject the VUK. Ugh.

#1344 4 years ago

Have to upload to YouTube then post a link.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to upload to YouTube then post a link.

Sorry, just realized that this morning and was processing it while you posted!

Here’s the video with description.

Not sure if it was just too much going on that I caused the code to freak out, or if it’s a physical bug or what. I was having Node 9 overcurrent protection but removing and replacing bulbs seems to have cured it for me, so I don’t believe it’s that.

Just FYI, when I was getting red Upper GI overcurrent errors, not only would the upper red lights obviously go out, but also the flame panel and then more mysteriously the shield would act up and not raise when it should be (ie Lock was lit). I don’t understand how that was impacted by node 9 upper GI (CN15) at all.

ANYWAY, check out this oddity

#1346 4 years ago

Say hello to my new friend !!

72868149_10158423784568561_7998209753559859200_n (resized).jpg72868149_10158423784568561_7998209753559859200_n (resized).jpg
#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Say hello to my new friend !!

Awesomely terrifying! Looks great! Need to find one of those guys!

#1349 4 years ago

That's cool, what figure is that?

That's the Schleich stone skeleton. I've seen him at Target before, but you may have to buy him online now.

I'm not typically a fan of adding toys to the playfield, but that's such a good match to the spinner that I might have to reconsider.

#1350 4 years ago

Side question: Did Stern hand out protection plastics as promised for... well the plastics that seem to break regulary from early buyers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/27?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.