IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 112.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Has anyone installed the interactive LED back box light mods to any of their Black Knight pins and or posted a video of them?

I got it from Cointaker. It’s awesome. It is a shame that this corner was cut. Backboxes should flash and pulse.

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Has anyone installed the interactive LED back box light mods to any of their Black Knight pins and or posted a video of them? I had Cointaker's deluxe interactive LED backbox one on my Iron Man and thought it was perfect how the flashers worked with the game. Was curious how the interactive back box kits react on this particular pin.

#1103 4 years ago

Has anyone actually confirmed a "black nub of death" on a BKSOR instead of blue? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone actually confirmed a "black nub of death" on a BKSOR instead of blue? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

A quick check of Marco for Part #626-5057-01 (which the manual calls a Bumper Pad) yields this one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5057-01 which looks darker blue in the photo, but still blue nonetheless. There's plenty of different sizes and shapes at both Marco and Pinball Life, but they are all that sore-thumb sky blue.

The closest thing I found in black with a few minutes of poking around is https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24290 but it's for sticking on the back of Gottlieb metal switches, not being used as a playfield bumper.

I'm still considering doing a little precision surgery with a Sharpie scalpel.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I got it from Cointaker. It’s awesome. It is a shame that this corner was cut. Backboxes should flash and pulse.

I'm thinking about it. But I'm also waiting to get a little more info on this imminent arrival from Pingraffix too: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/pre-order-bksor-translite

#1106 4 years ago

After owning the premium for a few months now: Here’s what I would like to see in future code updates:

- Another Knight mode (preferably single ball) that you can get on your first Knight spellout. Gets a little boring playing the Knight mb over and over
- More rules in Knight mb. Right now all there is a playfield x and every shot is lit for a small amount of points. Needs to be more interesting.
- Higher scoring in the Hydra mode
- Higher scoring in the Deep Freeze mode
- Catapult mb needs to be harder to get on the 3rd+ attempt.
- implement combo rules
- Setting to disable “Nice Knight” speech
- Rage wizard mode is cool, but super unclear what’s happening or what to do.
- implement the short plunge into some secret skill shot
- After the first Black Castle, only allow 1 spot shot hit from the upper playfield target
- After the Sauron mode on Deadpool, your next Battle modes are that character + Sauron. Playing the modes again after Black Castle should have a similar rule.
- When Knight is spelled, but another mode is started and played out to get the Knight letter, the game doesn’t actually roll over the letters like it should, and you get screwed out of a letter (or more)
- Some big bonus for running all the super features at once
- Lights to indicate super features (like pulsing pops or sling GI to indicate it’s super)
- more points for the right drop targets. Never really go for them
- When the game says “super level increased” I want the screen to show me numbers next to each super feature icon to show me the level. Not just different colors on the lightning wheel
- A mega wizard mode for completing the lightning wheel. (This is a stretch)
- The “hurry” light on the left ramp flashes sometimes but does nothing
- The “Realm” insert light does nothing
- More switching on/off the different GI colors
- After the first set of WAR hurry-ups, I want to hit other shots besides the center 3.
- Add a reason to hit one of the other 3 center shots to light a mode instead of bashing the same one.

Overall, I love what the team has done on this game. Animations are the best in pinball, and sounds and lighting are incredible. Just needs some more code work and polish to bring it to an A+ pin.

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

Where did you get that awesome frame? I have a bunch of vinyl I want to frame like that!

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

After owning the premium for a few months now: Here’s what I would like to see in future code updates:
- Another Knight mode (preferably single ball) that you can get on your first Knight spellout. Gets a little boring playing the Knight mb over and over
- More rules in Knight mb. Right now all there is a playfield x and every shot is lit for a small amount of points. Needs to be more interesting.
- Higher scoring in the Hydra mode
- Higher scoring in the Deep Freeze mode
- Catapult mb needs to be harder to get on the 3rd+ attempt.
- implement combo rules
- Setting to disable “Nice Knight” speech
- Rage wizard mode is cool, but super unclear what’s happening or what to do.
- implement the short plunge into some secret skill shot
- After the first Black Castle, only allow 1 spot shot hit from the upper playfield target
- After the Sauron mode on Deadpool, your next Battle modes are that character + Sauron. Playing the modes again after Black Castle should have a similar rule.
- When Knight is spelled, but another mode is started and played out to get the Knight letter, the game doesn’t actually roll over the letters like it should, and you get screwed out of a letter (or more)
- Some big bonus for running all the super features at once
- Lights to indicate super features (like pulsing pops or sling GI to indicate it’s super)
- more points for the right drop targets. Never really go for them
- When the game says “super level increased” I want the screen to show me numbers next to each super feature icon to show me the level. Not just different colors on the lightning wheel
- A mega wizard mode for completing the lightning wheel. (This is a stretch)
- The “hurry” light on the left ramp flashes sometimes but does nothing
- The “Realm” insert light does nothing
- More switching on/off the different GI colors
- After the first set of WAR hurry-ups, I want to hit other shots besides the center 3.
- Add a reason to hit one of the other 3 center shots to light a mode instead of bashing the same one.
Overall, I love what the team has done on this game. Animations are the best in pinball, and sounds and lighting are incredible. Just needs some more code work and polish to bring it to an A+ pin.

For the pro as well

#1109 4 years ago

Anyone changed their rings for Titans or SuperBands? How does it play?

I've seen a complete kit of red superbands on marco. Curious to see what it would look like with all reds.

Also curious to see how it looks with other colors.

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Anyone changed their rings for Titans or SuperBands? How does it play?
I've seen a complete kit of red superbands on marco. Curious to see what it would look like with all reds.
Also curious to see how it looks with other colors.

I went with orange Titans on mine.

A couple of random photos:

black_knight_titans_installed_2 (resized).jpgblack_knight_titans_installed_2 (resized).jpg black_knight_gate_decals (resized).jpgblack_knight_gate_decals (resized).jpg

They are more bouncy than the black.

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I went with orange Titans on mine.

They are more bouncy than the black.

Interesting, do you have a picture without the lighting?

#1112 4 years ago

Side armor

B9605EFB-FE25-4FDF-8F03-2BFEC478D0A1 (resized).jpegB9605EFB-FE25-4FDF-8F03-2BFEC478D0A1 (resized).jpeg
#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Side armor[quoted image]

Official Stern or 3rd party?

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Official Stern or 3rd party?

Official Stern

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Official Stern

Hmmm. I know the game is "Sword of Rage" but the cabinets of all three versions already have large swords prominently featured on their side artwork. I also fully admit in advance that I have no idea what could have been put on the side armor in lieu of a sword either.

I'm trying to mentally envision this armor installed on each of the 3 BKSOR models. In all 3 cases it will add another sword pointing in the opposite direction at what (to my eye) could be an odd angle on any of them.

On first glance, these also look pretty "thick" to me ("wide" is part of that look, but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that's making me say "thick" for some reason.)

By contrast, I instantly liked the katana sword side armor for Deadpool the first time I saw it. There's no katana swords that I recall on the cabinet sides, so it brought a new element to the sides of the cabinet. It was also comparatively quite "thin" (in my personal view) thus complementing and enhancing the cabinet side art without competing with it or potentially dominating it; maybe that's where I'm getting my notion of "thick" from.

I'm going to wait until I see pics of them installed on a Pro and a Premium. As much I have some hesitancy on first look, they could just as easily end up conveying a very cool battle clash of "player's sword" versus "Black Knight's sword" when installed given their opposing orientations. So I'm going to wait and see how they ultimately look on a game before ordering them.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

On first glance, these also look pretty "thick" to me ("wide" is part of that look, but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that's making me say "thick" for some reason.)

Same here.

If you look at DeadPool or Munster side armors, the shapes are way better imo. These ones feel like they hide way too much of the art.

Katana_Armor_REVComp_072418_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgKatana_Armor_REVComp_072418_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgMunsters.Pro.Armor_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgMunsters.Pro.Armor_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Same here.
If you look at DeadPool or Munster side armors, the shapes are way better imo. These ones feel like they hide way too much of the art.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. While I still want to see a pic (or to-scale rendering) of them mounted on a Pro and a Premium just in case they might look better than I’m envisioning), I’m not leaning toward purchasing these as they stand.

After thinking about it for a while, maybe they could do something with the “rivet motif” and/or the fanged gold skull. That would also complement the Stern custom shooter rod and the recently released skull-fire-and-rivets shooter plate from Tilt Graphics.

Maybe we can convince the Black Knight himself to challenge the team: “Side armor? Forge better!”

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Is yours the standard or interactive version from cointaker?

Thank you

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Maybe we can convince the Black Knight himself to challenge the team: “Side armor? Forge better!”

Thinking about it after sleeping on it overnight, here's a couple of ideas for BKSOR that could yield a sleeker/thinner side armor ala Deadpool and Munsters that will protect the area around the flipper buttons and complement the cabinet side art by bringing in an additional element(s) without covering up a broad stretch of it. Combine appropriately/tastefully:

- something with the rivet motif and/or gold fanged skull (as I mentioned before)
- something with fire/fireballs headed toward the player/flipper buttons
- something with castle bricks/gate/drawbridge
- something with lightning bolts like those on the flipper return lanes plastics
- something with the MagnaSave yellow and red ringed circle with the blue/white lightning (could ring the flipper buttons on both sides)
- something with the Black Knight's spiked gauntlet, perhaps poised above the flipper button as if he's about to clamp down on it (mirrored for left/right sides, of course)

Anyone else got some ideas?

The more and more I look at the "plain thick sword" side armor image first posted by @carz5811, the less and less I like it.
I've pretty much decided that I am not buying them if that's what Stern releases for the BKSOR side armor.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

- something with the MagnaSave yellow and red ringed circle with the blue/white lightning (could ring the flipper buttons on both sides)

I thought about that idea too.

They could also cut into the black area around the sword "a la Deadpool", but I'm not sure that the shape would be nice.

#1121 4 years ago

Found this on YouTube. (Video of upper playfield removal)

Might interest some.

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I thought about that idea too.
They could also cut into the black area around the sword "a la Deadpool", but I'm not sure that the shape would be nice.

I agree. I doubt cutting off some of the black would leave an appealing shape too.

[Brief detour: why not make a plastic of the MagnaSave circle + lightning that could be used to actually ring the button on the lockdown bar - clearly creating and indicating a connection between the button and the same spot on the Playfield?]

Might also be able to incorporate the shield somehow.

Or - since it is side *ARMOR* after all - just do a combination of the gold images that appear on the Black Knight’s armor including rivets, lightning bolts, and the shoulder spikes on black metal? In other words: make the BKSOR side armor look like it was cut from the Black Knight’s armor!

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Found this on YouTube. (Video of upper playfield removal)

Might interest some.

I put a pad on the game to the left of BK and put the upper playfield there while working underneath.

#1124 4 years ago

We are getting close.... yes those are skulls in the coin pile.
Hookedonpinball.com

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

A quick check of Marco for Part #626-5057-01 (which the manual calls a Bumper Pad) yields this one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5057-01 which looks darker blue in the photo, but still blue nonetheless. There's plenty of different sizes and shapes at both Marco and Pinball Life, but they are all that sore-thumb sky blue.

George Gomez uses these a lot. More than half of the games listed as compatible with the rubber bumper are Gomez games. My theory is that someone added 3 zeros to an order one time, and we're still working off of an inventory of blue bumper pads from the Johnny Mnemonic days.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Looking good! If these pop caps are as good of quality as your Iron Man ones I had, will be definitely buying these!

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

I'm in.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Where did you get that awesome frame? I have a bunch of vinyl I want to frame like that!

Amazon I’ll find the link

#1129 4 years ago

Installed Stern Art Blades in my Premium this morning, using the wet method.

Left side went like a charm, but I managed to make a freaking 7cm fold line on the right side while lifting the playfield during installation.

"Luckily", the fold is totally hidden behind the ramp, making it impossible to see when the playfield is down. When the playfield is lifted tho that's another story, it looks pretty bad.

I'm hesitating on ordering a new pair and replace the blade on the right side, or just accept that there is an ugly monster hidden under the playfield and carry on with my life.

P1040002 (resized).JPGP1040002 (resized).JPGP1040003 (resized).JPGP1040003 (resized).JPGP1040006 (resized).JPGP1040006 (resized).JPG
#1130 4 years ago

I had some funky issues with insert lights a little bit ago but didnt have a chance to troubleshoot. Is there anything with this system like loose connectors or anything? For example extra ball was lit when it shouldn't be, and the "lock" and "light lock" inserts were both lit (they should be mutually exclusive). The hell hand inserts were also blue instead of purple. Weird stuff.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I had some funky issues with insert lights a little bit ago but didnt have a chance to troubleshoot. Is there anything with this system like loose connectors or anything? For example extra ball was lit when it shouldn't be, and the "lock" and "light lock" inserts were both lit (they should be mutually exclusive). The hell hand inserts were also blue instead of purple. Weird stuff.

I had the exact same issue over the weekend. The game continued to play fine, but inserts were not matching the gameplay. I noticed it once or twice a week ago, but brushed it off as a code bug. On the weekend however it was present across multiple games in a row. I also had times where the WAR inserts wouldn't light.

I went through checking connectors in the headbox and under the playfield. Checking everything was seated and also reseating the ethernet connectors.

Nothing looked out of place, but I haven't seen the problem since. I may still have an issue there, so will be keeping an eye on it.

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Installed Stern Art Blades in my Premium this morning, using the wet method.
Left side went like a charm, but I managed to make a freaking 7cm fold line on the right side while lifting the playfield during installation.
"Luckily", the fold is totally hidden behind the ramp, making it impossible to see when the playfield is down. When the playfield is lifted tho that's another story, it looks pretty bad.
I'm hesitating on ordering a new pair and replace the blade on the right side, or just accept that there is an ugly monster hidden under the playfield and carry on with my life. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same method I used/ water/soap. If you can't see the fold I would leave it.

#1133 4 years ago

*** Check your play fields ***

Folks, couple of guys have posted on the mega chipping thread that they have BK:SOR with chipping. Can I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...

thanks,
Neil.

#1134 4 years ago

Any idea where this plastic goes ?
I found it loose under the mid-playfield ball launch chute exit.

Also why does the manual not include the plastic parts location map ?
IMG_6264 (resized).JPGIMG_6264 (resized).JPG

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

an I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...

Where?

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

*** Check your play fields ***
Folks, couple of guys have posted on the mega chipping thread that they have BK:SOR with chipping. Can I ask you to all check and if you have chipping to report it to your dealer...
thanks,
Neil.

First I’ve heard of anything on bksor. Is it an isolated area?

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Any idea where this plastic goes ?
I found it loose under the mid-playfield ball launch chute exit.
Also why does the manual not include the plastic parts location map ?

Right Under the ramp.

P1040010 (resized).JPGP1040010 (resized).JPG
#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I had the exact same issue over the weekend. The game continued to play fine, but inserts were not matching the gameplay. I noticed it once or twice a week ago, but brushed it off as a code bug. On the weekend however it was present across multiple games in a row. I also had times where the WAR inserts wouldn't light.
I went through checking connectors in the headbox and under the playfield. Checking everything was seated and also reseating the ethernet connectors.
Nothing looked out of place, but I haven't seen the problem since. I may still have an issue there, so will be keeping an eye on it.

Haven't noticed anything related to inserts but something that happent to me a couple of time was the addition of player 2 while I was playing. (At least 3 times since last code update)

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Same method I used/ water/soap. If you can't see the fold I would leave it.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about that. I was thinking of maybe ordering a new pair, just for the tranquility of mind, and keep them as spare. If at some point my installed blades get scratched or anything, I'll replaced the folded one.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:*** Check your play fields ***
thanks,
Neil.

Yes, everyone check your BKSORs carefully.

No chipping here, but my BKSOR LE has some of the pooling of clear around the posts. Shows up as a ripple around the posts. Not bad compared to the Wonka and JJPPOTC games as I've seen and it is only on a handful of post and not on others. I have contacted my distributor and sent a bunch of detailed pictures. Basically the clear has not fully cured. It is soft. I went ahead and put clear washers underneath the two worst of the posts. To me this is not bad enough to warrant a whole new populated playfield, but I would like to at least get a spare playfield out of this at some point.

20190826_181344 (resized).jpg20190826_181344 (resized).jpg20190826_182005 (resized).jpg20190826_182005 (resized).jpg
#1141 4 years ago

thanks John. Key thing is to report it, and lets give Stern a chance to figure out whats going on and respond;

#1142 4 years ago

I found two chips on mine, next to the right sling.

#1143 4 years ago

Picked up a HUO BKSOR LE at a great price. I just don't get how anyone can hate on this game, it's a fucking blast!!! Does Stern HD glass have any special markings to look for? I think I just got a regular sheet of glass with mine which is fine for the price I paid for it.

20190902_222038 (resized).jpg20190902_222038 (resized).jpg
#1144 4 years ago

DARK BLACK KNIGHT

Tonight - just to try it - I played BKSOR with all other lights and games in the room turned off. Noticed a couple of things:

1. It's an even bigger blast as the music, animations, call outs and light shows feel more intense, really amping up the adrenaline another notch
2. At several points during various light shows, the playfield very briefly goes almost completely (if not completely) dark
3. The Black Knight's beady little red eyes seem to be laser-aimed and focused directly into my eyeballs

#1 is from the effect of being otherwise surrounded by darkness. You're not really seeing things around you out of the corners of your eyes; it's just you and him (well, OK: the game)

#2 definitely adds an extra challenge to game play. During multiball, for example, losing sight of all the balls very briefly every now and then required even more rapid recalculation/adjustment once the lights came back on and you could see where the balls had gotten to from where they were split seconds ago.

#3 Didn't want to mess with it tonight, but does anyone know if the Black Knight's head is adjustable (like able to be tilted up and down) as a unit or if his LED eyes can be? Never really noticed it/paid much attention to it/felt affected by it when playing in a reasonably well-lit environment, but in the dark the Black Knight on my game seems to have his head/gaze raised up; he's looking at me up through the glass rather than straight ahead ("straight ahead" would technically be at an angle a little below parallel to the playfield since in theory he's watching the pinballs so he can block them with his shield and his flail.)

#1145 4 years ago

Being plastic, I dont think he’s too fussed at what he’s looking at..

Balls, sacks, faces.. he dont give a sh*# just wants to kill it all!

#1146 4 years ago

Anybody hear an update on the topper? Six months back Steve Ritchie announced that it was a bad ass design and that is was being made. There is no external sign off needed for this title so what could be the delay?

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Being plastic, I dont think he’s too fussed at what he’s looking at..
Balls, sacks, faces.. he dont give a sh*# just wants to kill it all!

He sure turns into a plastic wuss awfully fast for wanting to kill it all.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

He sure turns into a plastic wuss awfully fast for wanting to kill it all.

Yes, I was hoping he would get meaner the further you go.. he starts weeping pretty quick

#1149 4 years ago

Anyone get a coin door lockout harness and switch yet from Stern? What is the approved route for that - if any?

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yes, I was hoping he would get meaner the further you go.. he starts weeping pretty quick

And while I haven't made it there yet, I'm presuming he suddenly (re-)grows a pair and goes full confident arrogant evil in the final battle. Hard to tell if the effects of all that beer he's been chugging while he was wussing out are kicking in or wearing off by then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/23?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.