IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 112.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry you are having trouble. My pro updated with no problem. You mention unzipping though...these newer games do not require unzipping. Just download and go. I even download direct to my USB drive now to save the step of moving the large file once it's done.

Understand. I had never unzipped before, and in this case when I re-tried I did not unzip. There may be a problem with the new LE code. I even used the same USB stick that I have used in all my code updates.

#852 4 years ago

Something isn't right. Anyone with a LE or Premium able to update?
The Premium/LE code is a .zip file on the download site sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.zip
The Pro is a .spk file sword_of_rage_pro-1_00_0.spk

Sounds like the Pro file works fine. If anyone with a Premium/LE was able to update please let me know what you did. If I unzip the file I get sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 and the game rejects it. Seems like Stern posted the wrong file

#853 4 years ago

I was able to update my premium last night. I didn't do anything different than you describe.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

I was able to update my premium last night. I didn't do anything different than you describe.

Did you unzip the file? If so was it sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000
IF you ended up with a .spk file please let me know what you used to unzip it. I'm using Windows 10 with it's default extraction tool, maybe that's the issue.

#855 4 years ago

Yes sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 is the file name. Dowloaded zip file to desktop. Copied spk file out of zip file. Then copied/pasted file onto thumb drive. Worked fine. Not sure if I am running Windows 10. I can confirm when I get home tonight.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

Yes sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 is the file name. Dowloaded zip file to desktop. Copied spk file out of zip file. Then copied/pasted file onto thumb drive. Worked fine. Not sure if I am running Windows 10. I can confirm when I get home tonight.

I have unzipped the file, but I can't get it to open. I use Mac. Apple store programs have not been able to open it up either. The Premium and LE downloads appear to be different in Stern's web site. May be the problem is exclusively with the LE. I send a message to Stern about this problem as I never had a problem updating codes until today. We'll see what happens.

#857 4 years ago

A .000 file is usually a compressed file.. try opening it with 7-zip and see if the spk file is inside of it. Or even try deleting the .001.000 off the end of the file name and see if that works.

#858 4 years ago

I am having issues installing new code on a premium as well

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Premium Catapult Update[quoted image]

What's the update? Pink lights?

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

Interesting that you were able to load 1.0 Version with no .spk file appended. Its not listed as a spk file without it.

#861 4 years ago

LE owner here. Haven't got the new zip file to trigger and update on my BKSOR. Had no issues with .94 or .97. On the 1.0 file I never get to the software update screen. Ive tried both USB pots on the board, and two different USB sticks both with FAT32 formatting.

Tried then decompressed file in the root dir of the flash drive and it picked it up. It's updating now.

#862 4 years ago

Just loaded new code. Thanks to my wife, she just Printed out the instructions and followed them no problems loaded perfect.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Just loaded new code. Thanks to my wife, she just Printed out the instructions and followed them no problems loaded perfect.

Pro?

#864 4 years ago

LE # 89. And its Never leaving.

#865 4 years ago

I've got an LE, code loaded up fine. Download the zip, extract it and copy what it extracts onto a thumb drive. Turn off game, insert usb, turn on game, update. Easy.

Thoughts on the code:
I feel like it was a mistake lowering the default mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.

My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.

That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've got an LE, code loaded up fine. Download the zip, extract it and copy what it extracts onto a thumb drive. Turn off game, insert usb, turn on game, update. Easy.
Thoughts on the code:
I feel like it was a mistake lowering the default mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.
My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.
That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

Huh, the extraction tool must been the issue, what tool did you use to extract?

#867 4 years ago

For the pro the easier modes are going to be a big help for enjoyability, especially on location I believe.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

For the pro the easier modes are going to be a big help for enjoyability, especially on location I believe.

It already has for me!

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Huh, the extraction tool must been the issue, what tool did you use to extract?

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

Don't want to waste anybody's time any more. Thanks for your support.

#871 4 years ago

I did not have any issue with the update this time, but in the past I have. I'm not sure why they switched over to .zip files as it seems to cause much confision and headaches.

#872 4 years ago

I tired 7-zip, same hot mess.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#873 4 years ago

Have you tried just loading that file onto a stick and running it?

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Have you tried just loading that file onto a stick and running it?

Yes

#875 4 years ago

That's weird. I just loaded up the usb drive I used (that worked) and it's the exact same file. No different name (same .spk.001.000 ending), no different size. Maybe try updating to the last code first? (if you're not on it already)

#876 4 years ago

The game rejects the zip file and rejects the .001.000 files. Ive also tried renaming both to end in .spk and the game rejects it as an invalid file. Curious is ANY Premium or LE people successfully updated and if so, detailed steps of how please. The PRO file is fine.

#877 4 years ago

MAYBE I need to reformat my USB stick, have not tried that but have used it in the past for successful spike updates so IDK

#878 4 years ago

I successfully updated and I'm on LE. I followed the steps Stern gives:

1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#879 4 years ago

Sorry you're having trouble. Like I said we just printed the instructions and followed them worked first time.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
remove USB stick.

This.^

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
remove USB stick.

OK thanks. Guess it's just me then. funny thing is I'm and IT guy an have tired everything known to man. now that I know it's just me I'll shutup and try and figure it out. maybe my trusty USB stick died

#882 4 years ago

You could also try re-downloading the archive, unlikely, but it could have been corrupt.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

You could also try re-downloading the archive, unlikely, but it could have been corrupt.

Yeah, downloaded like 3 times now...….

#884 4 years ago

How is everyone liking the new code??

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I like it. It really balances the score by making catapult multi harder to achieve the 2nd+ time around, and eliminates the lather/rinse/repeat left orbit to upper of during multiball. I also like that it tells you how many more hits to complete a monster.

#886 4 years ago

The code update wiped my high scores…is that normal?

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The code update wiped my high scores…is that normal?

It is this time around. Says so in the read me file.

#888 4 years ago

I just went through this exercise on my Deadpool Premium I just picked up. Tried to unzip and it didn't work. Turns out the file you download is what you have to use. The file you download is filename.spk.zip. you just have to remove the .zip from the end of the name so you are left with filename.spk. Copy that to the USB drive, plug it in, turn it on, and you will be updated in no time.

#889 4 years ago

Pro owner here. New code is great. I love how the black knight's demeanor changes as you get closer to black castle "Is it too late to offer my gold?", "I was wondering if I could join your clan", "I can learn to be good". =D

#890 4 years ago

Played the new code on a location Premium. First thing that jumps out is that drop on the far left VUK is now up during (both?) multiballs, never goes down? ... significant impact on gameplay, makes it harder to get to upper pf for milking the catapult/getting the MBs stacked. Should help balance scoring

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It is this time around. Says so in the read me file.

Ahh, I missed that. Ty!

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

So much better of a game with the new code.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

I just went through this exercise on my Deadpool Premium I just picked up. Tried to unzip and it didn't work. Turns out the file you download is what you have to use. The file you download is filename.spk.zip. you just have to remove the .zip from the end of the name so you are left with filename.spk. Copy that to the USB drive, plug it in, turn it on, and you will be updated in no time.

Thanks. I just tried your procedure -- it didn't work either.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Thanks. I just tried your procedure -- it didn't work either.

Same here, my game said it isn't a valid spk file. I'm just going to bag this update and wait for the next. Never had so much trouble with an update on Spike before. Something is wrong

#895 4 years ago

Guys I was able to update my Pro yesterday no issues to 1.0 code.

However, I now notice that the castle fire effect isn't working properly for me, the fire just flashes on and off without any of the "smooth" fire transitions, etc.

My game is on location so I didn't note if it was okay prior to the code update or not.

Anyone else had this kind of issue with the castle fire?

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Same here, my game said it isn't a valid spk file. I'm just going to bag this update and wait for the next. Never had so much trouble with an update on Spike before. Something is wrong

That is odd. File extensions is turned on so you are removing the actual extension and not just part of the file name? USB is formatted in FAT32, right? exFAT and NTFS did not work for me.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Joined the club yesterday (Premium) - loving the game....
One issue keeps happening - My spinner doesn't want to spin. even with very clean shot it can almost trap the ball or .... kills the momentum and it most often never makes it up to the WAR section. Anyone else with this issue ?
When I touch it seems to not be physically stuck but not ever having a newer game like this before I don't know what to expect.

My spinner will spin just fine (it hasn't trapped a ball during any game on my Premium so far) but the issue I'm having is that my spinner quite frequently comes to rest in a horizontal position rather than returning to vertical. It's not binding up or suddenly stopping that way - I just get 50/50 horizontal vs. vertical stops when it slows down and stops normally. Personally I suspect the spinner is just jealous of the flail and trying too hard to imitate it, but if anyone is having a similar issue and knows how to correct such behavior in a spinner, I'm all ears. BKSOR is the first game I've ever actually owned that has a spinner, so I'm extremely light on spinner expertise. Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions in advance.

#898 4 years ago

For those of you having issues on a MAC updating. I used a program called Unarchiver and put the .spk.000 whatever file on the root of my USB and its fine. The default mac extractor didn't work.

#899 4 years ago

Hmmm.....so I’ve see these comments in the past few Stern owners clubs (I too have had the issue with Munsters and now BK). You’d think they would see this and make a simpler, more foolproof process. I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with pins from other manufacturers.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Hmmm.....so I’ve see these comments in the past few Stern owners clubs (I too have had the issue with Munsters and now BK). You’d think they would see this and make a simpler, more foolproof process. I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with pins from other manufacturers.

I still havent been able to update wonka. I cannot figure out how to get it to take the update, so i gave up for now. First time ive had a problem with stern updates

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/18?hl=trex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.