IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.
#701 4 years ago

You know GD well I've never seen it!

#702 4 years ago

I want to try a pro model. That upper premium playfield doesn’t have much of a flow or excitement. 1500 for a bill of material that costs like 50 dollars.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Definitely white.

How does it look overall? Do you have complete playfield picture?

#704 4 years ago

I add to remove the backbox to move the pin into my basement and while trying to put the head back on I saw that the head screws were stripped.
Those are the two screws that hold the siderails to the cabinet.

Must have done this operation half a dozen times with my older pins and it's the first time I get this issue.

Anyone else had this happen ?

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

So I was a bad bad guy and set the game to 10 ball so I could reach black castle (Yes I am that bad at pinball). It would have been years before I made it to that mode so I figure I'd change it and then change it back.... Well I got the mode and got through three rounds of it and man I am not all that impressed. The music is good but it's kind of just the black knight. Not sure what else I was expecting but even the scoring in that mode is pretty low. Say 4 million a shot or so. Again I love this game but this was kind of a let down. I was hoping atleast that mode would trigger some sort of multiball and have some crazy scoring given how hard it is to beat but nope it's just like any other mode. What did you guys think? I mean if it was just one of the regular modes then it would be just fine. I guess just for the final mode / wizard mode (I think it is anyways) it seemed to lack anything special.

I'm sure I'd have to do the same thing to get there with how bad my lock target kills me. I expect the wizard modes are typically last to be polished and balanced. Maybe cooler in the future.

#706 4 years ago

I think they hinted at something special being added to the wizard mode during the last live stream. I'm sure it's just currently incomplete.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

How does it look overall? Do you have complete playfield picture?

I think it looks better, but I ran out of 44s, so didnt get to finish! It did make me realize that they used the Red only at times.

20190708_195214 (resized).jpg20190708_195214 (resized).jpg
#708 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think it looks better, but I ran out of 44s, so didnt get to finish! It did make me realize that they used the Red only at times.[quoted image]

I like what you did. I might try similar, but maybe swap all of the cools for warm. The cool color temperature of the lamps doesn't look great with a lot of the art, which is asking for warm. Also, it doesn't look right next to an older BK/BK2K.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think it looks better, but I ran out of 44s, so didnt get to finish! It did make me realize that they used the Red only at times.[quoted image]

Maybe clear (lexan,polycarb,etc) washers to protect the slings? Work great and look much better - hardly noticeable.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe clear (lexan,polycarb,etc) washers to protect the slings? Work great and look much better - hardly noticeable.

The metal ones they put on at the factory really show up when you change the bulbs!

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Looks good, but I still like the red better.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I would also like to see what the game look like with something else than black rubbers. ...Maybe couple of pink GI in the back too ...

#713 4 years ago

White LED are way too cold for this game with red/orange nuances. Maybe Warm white will fit better...still prefer the red ones

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

White LED are way too cold for this game with red/orange nuances. Maybe Warm white will fit better...still prefer the red ones

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and say it: those cool white bulbs look terrible. I love the stock colors not sure why change? To each their own I guess.

I'm expecting my full set of plastic protectors to come in soon. That will take care of those ugly metal washers.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can hardly get over 100MM, not sure how everyone is pushing it so high? I guess just repeating the catapult and add-a-ball?

Yep me and Lewis had to play the next day in league again and it was so boring knock the drop target and just keep shooting over and over feeding the upper PF and grind out catapult multi balls.

#716 4 years ago

I contacted Chas at Stern about the spring on the shooter rod I purchased. They are sending me a replacement silver spring.

#717 4 years ago

That's a big set of protectors. Will take a while to install all of them.

20190709_184055 (resized).jpg20190709_184055 (resized).jpg
#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I contacted Chas at Stern about the spring on the shooter rod I purchased. They are sending me a replacement silver spring.

I have the silver. It's perfect without being too strong. The orange was too weak for that heavy shooter.

#719 4 years ago

Hey John_I- who has the plastic protectors?

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Hey John_I- who has the plastic protectors?

I ordered them from Germany. They only have the Pro on the website and the Premium/LE coming soon. I emailed them and badgered them into sending me a set early for my LE.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/23/Plastics-Protectors

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and say it: those cool white bulbs look terrible. I love the stock colors not sure why change? To each their own I guess.
I'm expecting my full set of plastic protectors to come in soon. That will take care of those ugly metal washers.

Honestly, it doesnt look so blown out in person. And yes the metal washers look terrible like this! I definitely like what people are thinking about using warm white, but I dont have any of those on hand. Hopefully someone else can try it and post a pic.

I still think the half red looks really bad. It makes the art look bad. And the half red/white looks worse.

#722 4 years ago

Big shout out to Tilt Graphics on these decals for the rails. They really finish it off nice, and covers up some of that stainless in the back.
EF276060-B6E7-4558-8BEE-C1700C5D7704 (resized).jpegEF276060-B6E7-4558-8BEE-C1700C5D7704 (resized).jpegafterAE7A7B2E-D128-481B-AB0C-2415E43060F3 (resized).jpegAE7A7B2E-D128-481B-AB0C-2415E43060F3 (resized).jpeg the lockdown bar plate is pretty awesome too!

#723 4 years ago

Cut this out of some of the remaining decal and put em on the spinner bracket. Kinda torn what do you guys think Leather or wood?

28F936D5-52B5-464E-AB7E-2810D06D05CF (resized).jpeg28F936D5-52B5-464E-AB7E-2810D06D05CF (resized).jpeg
#724 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Cut this out of some of the remaining decal and put em on the spinner bracket. Kinda torn what do you guys think Leather or wood?[quoted image]

Did the blue rubber ball deflector come that color when you ordered your game? Mine is black.

#725 4 years ago

That's pretty dope. I like the leather.

My pro came with a blue post, it was from early in production. Black would have been cool.

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did the blue rubber ball deflector come that color when you ordered your game? Mine is black.

Mines an early game... man I wish it was black

#727 4 years ago

Is this the new plastic that's supposed to help out?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43

511-1942-43_300x300 (resized).jpg511-1942-43_300x300 (resized).jpg
#728 4 years ago

Interesting. This would be a much simpler way of distributing it than trying to go through Stern or your distributor.

#729 4 years ago

I found this under the "Specs & Manuals" section on Stern's website. It tells you how to install it.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Black-Knight-Upper-Playfield-Kit-Instructions.pdf

#730 4 years ago

That looks like the part that goes behind the knight and supports the upper playfield. I don't think that it is related to whatever the new service post is. I could be wrong.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That looks like the part that goes behind the knight and supports the upper playfield. I don't think that it is related to whatever the new service post is. I could be wrong.

If you look at the link to the install guide, it looks like this has the new service post that guides the ball back to the flipper.

#732 4 years ago

My PRO has the blue as well.. It's dated April 18 2019 . I think that's a pretty early one.

Quoted from tilted81:

Mines an early game... man I wish it was black

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

If you look at the link to the install guide, it looks like this has the new service post that guides the ball back to the flipper.

Ahh, I see. So the “mod” is a fatter post? I wonder if it is possible to simply use a post rubber.

#734 4 years ago

Lol...ok so I thought the rubber on mine was black. After checking it is the same blue one that is on your game.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:

My PRO has the blue as well.. It's dated April 18 2019 . I think that's a pretty early one.

Yea that’s an early one! Mines dated April 4th which is like a week before the public saw it. Prolly don’t get much earlier that that.

#736 4 years ago

Sword fight anyone?
Flipper topper proto finish test.
Coming soon to Hookedonpinball.com

sword fight (resized).jpgsword fight (resized).jpg
#737 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Sword fight anyone?
Flipper topper proto finish test.
Coming soon to Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image]

Awesome! I'm in.

Hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.
Yeah, there are a few out there already.
And that's precisely why I hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Awesome! I'm in.
Hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.
Yeah, there are a few out there already.
And that's precisely why I hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.

Its hard to make something cast in metal and compete with the plastic printed items.
If the swords flippers go over well the shooter plate would be next followed by dare I say - monster figure?
All depends on what the market demands.
Love making this stuff.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Its hard to make something cast in metal and compete with the plastic printed items.
If the swords flippers go over well the shooter plate would be next followed by dare I say - monster figure?
All depends on what the market demands.
Love making this stuff.

If your shooter plate for BKSOR would come out even half as nice as your one for Munsters looks, I for one wouldn’t give the plastic ones another look.

#740 4 years ago

Yes, but nothing a simple black 3/16 rub won't cure around the 2nd top most post in the upper playfield. The new plastic cut out is not cut very well and it would cut into the back cape of the Knight without a mod. Can't have that. Some locktite, kick ass topper and more code please ; this is what I crave.

#741 4 years ago

Point on upper PF decals. The nakedness of the upper playfield drop scoop. Two nice fireball decals on the two other ball drops and nothingness on the ball drop from the start....... Why would Master Stern eek out of this very minor but important detail?

IMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4616 (resized).JPGIMG_4614 (resized).JPGIMG_4614 (resized).JPGIMG_4619 (resized).JPGIMG_4619 (resized).JPG
#742 4 years ago

I got my replacement spring from stern. Shooter works as it should now.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Point on upper PF decals. The nakedness of the upper playfield drop scoop. Two nice fireball decals on the two other ball drops and nothingness on the ball drop from the start....... Why would Master Stern eek out of this very minor but important detail?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it is supposed to be a sword? At least that is what I am going to tell myself now that you pointed it out.

#744 4 years ago

Had a ball constantly getting hung up on the upper playfield behind the flipper. I pulled the flipper and added a fender washer just above the bushing. It seems to have fixed the sagging issue and can happily report that my game is playing great.

Not sure if this had been touched on, just wanted to share for anybody experiencing the same problem.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

If your shooter plate for BKSOR would come out even half as nice as your one for Munsters looks, I for one wouldn’t give the plastic ones another look.

Just wait till you see Wonka

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just wait till you see Wonka

I'm sure that one will look fantastic too!

But right now I'm looking for a BKSOR shooter plate that I like to go with a BKSOR game, not a Wonka game to go with a Wonka shooter plate that I like.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I'm sure that one will look fantastic too!
But right now I'm looking for a BKSOR shooter plate that I like to go with a BKSOR game, not a Wonka game to go with a Wonka shooter plate that I like.

I had a few ideas for BK this might be a good place to discuss?
Thought of doing the helmet outline in Gold to include eye holes and mouth guard dots.
Then thought what about paying homage to the King for the trilogy maybe the bolts down the side with BK and SR on a shield in the same scroll type font.
Even drew out the original pop cap crest on a shield.
Any thoughts shoot them at me.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I had a few ideas for BK this might be a good place to discuss?
Thought of doing the helmet outline in Gold to include eye holes and mouth guard dots.
Then thought what about paying homage to the King for the trilogy maybe the bolts down the side with BK and SR on a shield in the same scroll type font.
Even drew out the original pop cap crest on a shield.
Any thoughts shoot them at me.

One of the reasons I don't care for the existing BKSOR shooter plates currently out there all that much is that they don't (at least to my eyes) "match" the game/theme as well, especially in terms of color. This became even more true for me after Stern released the special BKSOR shooter knob and I bought one for my game. Particularly now that I have that on the game, I want a shooter plate that really looks great with this shooter knob that also really looks great.

Brief detour:

Just to give you an idea of what my pinball eyes make my pinball brain do, the first "mod" I did to my BKSOR Premium edition was to swap a blue start button in for the green one. (I'm also adding blue lighted flipper buttons in a few days too.) I totally understand that for games on location, high-contrast items help attract the eye and are thus desirable. This is another reason I think Stern uses the black-on-yellow scheme for its pricing and instruction card as well the photo-sensitive seizure warning information - not simply because that color combo is also considered the most readable. But for HUO, I don't need nor want such serious contrasts on my games. So to my eyes, the green one looked out of place. I'm doing a few riffs on other folk's pricing and instruction cards and will post those once I'm happier with them. I may do an overlay for the seizure warning too with the same words, still in easy-to-read colors, just not so jarring.

Back to the main road:

Perhaps I was influenced by seeing your Munsters shooter plate, but when I was putting the BKSOR shooter knob on my game the first thing I thought of was: "it looks like a door-knocker on the Black Knight's castle. So try using that thought as just one among many other inspirations I'm sure you already have for a BKSOR shooter plate. A BK helmet, a shield, are all possibilities. Not sure I'd want another fanged skull, however, since the special Stern knob has that element pretty well covered. But others keeping the standard knob (or going some other non-sculpted knob) might like to have a fanged skull option. Heck, you could even make it look like a castle drawbridge or a portcullis to complete the "door knocker" effect. -) -)

#749 4 years ago

Anyone going to the San Diego Comic-Con? Stern is selling a limited print vinyl for BKSoR and I would love a copy! I guess there’s 100 copies only and it’s available at their booth only. I will gladly compensate anyone that can hook me up with a copy.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Anyone going to the San Diego Comic-Con? Stern is selling a limited print vinyl for BKSoR and I would love a copy! I guess there’s 100 copies only and it’s available at their booth only. I will gladly compensate anyone that can hook me up with a copy.

Only 100 copies is more rare than 500 BKSoR LE’s. Don’t have a turntable or I’d buy the vinyl and play it backwards to hear satanic messages from George or Gary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/15?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.