IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 112.
#651 4 years ago

Tonight I found a gray shooter spring in my spare parts pile and put it on my Stern skull shooter mod in BKSOR. This spring is just right for the job! Gray is two steps stronger than the orange spring that came with the mod. The extra power in this spring easily makes the upper playfield without being overly powerful. So anyone buying a stronger spring for the replacement shooter, I would go with gray/silver.

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tonight I found a gray shooter spring in my spare parts pile and put it on my Stern skull shooter mod in BKSOR. This spring is just right for the job! Gray is two steps stronger than the orange spring that came with the mod. The extra power in this spring easily makes the upper playfield without being overly powerful. So anyone buying a stronger spring for the replacement shooter, I would go with gray/silver.
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

Good tip! You happy with the shooter as far as feel and everything goes? I’ve thought about picking one up a couple times now.. looks like it sticks out really far? Does it look it in person?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, the wrong text on page 8 in the Black Knight LE owner's manual

Haha, yeah I notice the same yesterday.

#654 4 years ago

Anyone noticing any issues with the spinning balls being too close to the ramp/flap and rubbing or leaving any marks?

#655 4 years ago

Anyone add Mirror Blades to their game yet?

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Anyone noticing any issues with the spinning balls being too close to the ramp/flap and rubbing or leaving any marks?

Yes SR said to tighten Philips head screws if needed....mine needed it.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Yes. Fit and look great. Bought from coin taker

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

-Adding better speakers/subwoofer, speaker lights, real knocker, HD glass, Stern shooter rod, shaker motor, animated Pingraffix Powerbladez (if they get just a few more people to commit to ordering), have our side armor, legs and other such metal parts powdercoated to our individual tastes, etc.

You will be glad to know that the PowerBladez and also another surprise are coming very soon....
Going to be off the hook!
Please sign up to our newsletter to get the latest info..

https://www.pingraffix.com

#659 4 years ago

Anyone got any strategies to hit some high scores on the Premium?

I've managed 530 million, and the GC on the local game is 800+ million. I've heard some rumors about certain expert players banking multiple billions!

Loving the Premium, I think the layout and gameplay are fantastic, and the upper playfield adds enough that has been drawing us all back and keeping it very busy on location here.

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Anyone got any strategies to hit some high scores on the Premium?
I've managed 530 million, and the GC on the local game is 800+ million. I've heard some rumors about certain expert players banking multiple billions!
Loving the Premium, I think the layout and gameplay are fantastic, and the upper playfield adds enough that has been drawing us all back and keeping it very busy on location here.

Left orbit VUK to upper playfield. Get catapult locks for MB. Rinse repeat. Don’t shoot anything else. It always feeds a flipper. It might also ruin the game for you. Haha

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Left orbit VUK to upper playfield. Get catapult locks for MB. Rinse repeat. Don’t shoot anything else. It always feeds a flipper. It might also ruin the game for you. Haha

Yep yep yep, and give your right hand a heck of a workout!

That's been the current strategy around these parts, Catapult all day, stack with other MB, and try to time optimally with add-a-ball.

It looks like there must be some points in the Super modes, trying to get those going during KNIGHT maybe?

I know of some BIG bonuses too, so maybe the supers/loops can be key there?

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It might also ruin the game for you.

It's too bad the "up top all day" tedium of BK2K persists 30 years later. I was really hoping that aspect of the franchise would've been killed off in a modern game. At this point the pro seems like the way to go if you want to play some semblance of competitive pinball. Pro is still incredibly right flipper heavy, but not a total snoozefest.

#663 4 years ago

...that said, I'm confident Timballs has a software fix in mind for the imbalance.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's too bad the "up top all day" tedium of BK2K persists 30 years later. I was really hoping that aspect of the franchise would've been killed off in a modern game.

I love playing both games (assuming not in a tournament), but I was laughing when most hated no upper playfield in the pro. I was like, “sweet! We will be able to use this for tournaments.”

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

You will be glad to know that the PowerBladez and also another surprise are coming very soon....
Going to be off the hook!
Please sign up to our newsletter to get the latest info..
https://www.pingraffix.com

Sweet music to my ears is this news for the upcoming PowerBladez candy for my eyes!

And another surprise too? Looks like I'm officially on the hook that you'll soon be off of, Joe!

#666 4 years ago

Dose anyone know how we get the new post for the upper play field to go with new software? .97

I think as long as you register the game Stern is going to send it to you.

Thanks.

#667 4 years ago

when is the new code for the pro coming out ?

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

when is the new code for the pro coming out ?

I’m pretty excited for some backbox animation man. Breath some life into it back there. Just going dark between lighting effects would be killer. This games so awesome...

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m pretty excited for some backbox animation man. Breath some life into it back there. Just going dark between lighting effects would be killer. This games so awesome...

That would be nice. My pro turns all red on certain shots, which is visually pleasing.

#670 4 years ago

Anyone swap out the red GI bulbs for white yet? They really dont seem to match the plastics. Looks weird with half red, half white.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone swap out the red GI bulbs for white yet?

I would do it in a heartbeat. Maiden LE has the same thing; looks dumb.

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yes SR said to tighten Philips head screws if needed....mine needed it.

The screws are tight. Those balls are attached to springs, don't see any way to adjust the distance the balls stick out, my stainless ramp is getting a beating. I can't be the only one having this problem? Best I can figure, if to cut a look off the spring and re-attach, but that looks like a PITA.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

The screws are tight. Those balls are attached to springs, don't see any way to adjust the distance the balls stick out, my stainless ramp is getting a beating. I can't be the only one having this problem? Best I can figure, if to cut a look off the spring and re-attach, but that looks like a PITA.

Did you post a pic of the damage it caused, id like to see.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone swap out the red GI bulbs for white yet? They really dont seem to match the plastics. Looks weird with half red, half white.

I installed a flex head warm white behind the upper flipper looks much better imo

20190608_171156 (resized).jpg20190608_171156 (resized).jpg20190608_171540 (resized).jpg20190608_171540 (resized).jpg
#676 4 years ago

Hey guys yesterday I played a LE on Location and suddenly put up a very high score Grand Champion 1.122.492.750.
I made over 740Mio in catapult multiball alone. So I wonder if this is a bug related to the 0.97 software? Anyone experienced this as well?

#677 4 years ago

More of an exploit than a bug. You probably cashed in some quadruple super jackpots. Premium/LE is catapult all day for that very reason.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I would do it in a heartbeat. Maiden LE has the same thing; looks dumb.

Agree.
So does DPLE.

Stern must have landed a bulk deal on red for the last few titles.

Not sure of the motivation as it doesn’t present a more premium package, placed in areas you need light, and washes out details of the fantastic art on these titles.
Oh well, Easily fixed.

#679 4 years ago

I am putting my LE on location this weekend and I swear I am thinking about buying another just for my house. I am shocked at how much I like this game. I think it is an excellent pin!

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am putting my LE on location this weekend and I swear I am thinking about buying another just for my house. I am shocked at how much I like this game. I think it is an excellent pin!

I’d grab a pro for location dollar chomping and horde that LE.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d grab a pro for location dollar chomping and horde that LE.

Wouldn't be surprised if a Pro would do significantly less in coin drop though. There was both a Pro and a Premium on location here for a month, and people gradually went from the pro to the premium until the pro wasn't getting much play at all.

I agree, I'd wanna keep that LE for myself. The upper playfield, even if it is exploitable at the moment, adds an element that ups the replay value

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Wouldn't be surprised if a Pro would do significantly less in coin drop though. There was both a Pro and a Premium on location here for a month, and people gradually went from the pro to the premium until the pro wasn't getting much play at all.
I agree, I'd wanna keep that LE for myself. The upper playfield, even if it is exploitable at the moment, adds an element that ups the replay value

I should have filed that comment under “nobody cares” I just really wanted to express my appreciation of this game. As for the location, it is a safe spot. I put playfield protectors on it, and I am pretty confident that it will be just fine.

I do baby my machines a bit, but I understand they are designed to be used. I assume anything which could logically be broken or worn down on the LE I could restore or replace back to perfection. I also feel like the LEs should be out for people to play sometimes. I get they are designed for collectors, but again I struggle to feel like they need to be in a glass box for years. I assume this game will get a Vault edition which will be even more impressive in two years?

Anyway, my point was that I really like this game. I highly suggest everyone who enjoys pinball give it an hour of play and get to know some of the shots. It is a great game…so great that I would consider buying two!

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Pics on post #236

#684 4 years ago

Wow what a score by my buddy Lewis!

FB_IMG_1562291567391 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1562291567391 (resized).jpg
#685 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Wow what a score by my buddy Lewis![quoted image]

I can hardly get over 100MM, not sure how everyone is pushing it so high? I guess just repeating the catapult and add-a-ball?

#686 4 years ago

Anyone know were this plastic goes on an L/E It fell off and i found two black screws. The manual doesn't have a location of plastics. It's number is 37

Thank you Rich

20190705_110239 (resized).jpg20190705_110239 (resized).jpg
#687 4 years ago

Hi Rich I found it, here are some pictures of the location. I'm glad yours fell out because mine would have fallen out shortly, as it was almost all the way loose. It's under the shooter lane next to plastic #11. Don
20190705_131028 (resized).jpg20190705_131028 (resized).jpg20190705_131101 (resized).jpg20190705_131101 (resized).jpg

#688 4 years ago

Thank you maybe we should use some lock thight. I will go over the black screws and see if any more are loose at this point. I am really enjoying this game and my kids love the monsters and the music.

#689 4 years ago

I think all owners should Check this and use blue loctite for sure.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I think all owners should Check this and use blue locktit for sure.

locktit - is that some offshoot product for fixing womens bras ?

"yeah we were playing pinball and her blouse burst open and they were just out there... We used some locktit on her bra and that fixed the issue"....

Actually blue loctite on any loose screws is a good suggestion. (couldn't resist taking a poke for fun on locktit - no offense meant)

#692 4 years ago

#693 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good way of collecting the knights letters to achieve retro multiball?

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does anyone have a good way of collecting the knights letters to achieve retro multiball?

WAR hurry ups
Do well in modes
Do well in MB.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Definitely white.
20190707_134748 (resized).jpg20190707_134748 (resized).jpg

Check out this guy!

15625272866446444909698232378994 (resized).jpg15625272866446444909698232378994 (resized).jpg
#696 4 years ago

I played BKSOR (both Pro and Premium) for the first time at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in May and absolutely loved it - lived up to all the hype IMO. This afternoon I played a BKSOR Premium for 2 hours straight at the TILT Arcade in Louisville, CO and it solidified my belief that I absolutely have to have this game. I have 5 pins already and room for 6, but no pinball funds at present. I'm seriously, seriously considering selling my Harley - when I think about how much I've ridden it over the last 2 years (4 or 5 times) vs. how much I'd be playing BKSOR (daily), it seems like a no-contest from a usage/enjoyment perspective.

#697 4 years ago

No need to winterize your pins!

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I played BKSOR (both Pro and Premium) for the first time at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in May and absolutely loved it - lived up to all the hype IMO. This afternoon I played a BKSOR Premium for 2 hours straight at the TILT Arcade in Louisville, CO and it solidified my belief that I absolutely have to have this game. I have 5 pins already and room for 6, but no pinball funds at present. I'm seriously, seriously considering selling my Harley - when I think about how much I've ridden it over the last 2 years (4 or 5 times) vs. how much I'd be playing BKSOR (daily), it seems like a no-contest from a usage/enjoyment perspective.

Step 1 is to sell Black Jack to begin funding your current goal BKSOR prem. This frees space for a second future pin.

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Step 1 is to sell Black Jack to begin funding your current goal BKSOR prem. This frees space for a second future pin.

That's actually part of the plan. Black Jack is totally apart at the moment - I'm in the middle of repairing and repainting the cabinet (more for gaining the experience in doing something like this vs. trying to increase the value on a not-all-that-valuable pin). I should have it done, back together, and ready for sale within a couple of months.

#700 4 years ago

So I was a bad bad guy and set the game to 10 ball so I could reach black castle (Yes I am that bad at pinball). It would have been years before I made it to that mode so I figure I'd change it and then change it back.... Well I got the mode and got through three rounds of it and man I am not all that impressed. The music is good but it's kind of just the black knight. Not sure what else I was expecting but even the scoring in that mode is pretty low. Say 4 million a shot or so. Again I love this game but this was kind of a let down. I was hoping atleast that mode would trigger some sort of multiball and have some crazy scoring given how hard it is to beat but nope it's just like any other mode. What did you guys think? I mean if it was just one of the regular modes then it would be just fine. I guess just for the final mode / wizard mode (I think it is anyways) it seemed to lack anything special.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/14?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.