IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 112.
#602 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

1 more hour!

So much excite!

#603 4 years ago

LE V0.97 - June 19, 2019
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed a timing issue which prevented players from getting credit for another
lock or super jackpot when the ball was released from the catapult lock and
quickly re-locked.
- Fixed an issue which could infrequently cause the flail to move at a slow
speed when it should have been in the open position.
- Fixed an issue where catapult multiball would not award KNIGHT letters.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Saved animation could show when the ball was
not saved.

Tweaked:
- Improved handling of outlane ball save during situations where multiball
ball saver is active or in grace period.
- Modified the Extra Ball light show to keep all the GI on.
- Modified the Triple Knights lock light shows to include backbox lamp
effects.
- Changed the relight shots in Lich mode to the same color as unfreeze shots.
- Changed the rules for WAR and RAGE lanes to keep the same lanes lit for a
player on their next ball in play.
- Reduced the amount of time the flail stays in open position after being hit
in Catapult Multiball.
- Volume Adjustments and Tweaks.
- Install Competition Mode sets
- LAST CHANCE MODE ENABLED to NO
- PLAY BLACK KNIGHT INTRO to NO

New:
- Added RANSOM Wizard Mode
- Lit by spelling KNIGHT a second time in a single game.
- Started by shooting the left VUK.
- Classic Black Knight 2000 Sounds, Speech, and 14-Segment Display.
- Timed 60 Second 3-Ball Multiball. The ball saver does not expire.
- +5x Bonus
- FLAIL = MILLIONS
- ORBITS = 750,000
- WAR = MILLIONS
- EXTRA BALL IS Lit
- EVERYTHING IS LIT

- Added LAST CHANCE feature
- To Qualify Last Chance:
- Player must be on their last ball in play.
- Player cannot have played a Catapult Multiball.
- Player must drain down the left outlane with no ball save lit OR
- Player must drain down the right outlane and press the magna-save button
before the ball drains.
- Timed Mode where the goal is to re-lock balls in the Catapult Lock.
- Lower Flippers are Disabled.
- Player gets unlimited balls served for the duration of the mode.
- Player controls the launching of balls into play.
- Completing RAGE lanes adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Shooting the Light Locks target adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Player must lock 3 balls in the Catapult Lock to start SUPER MULTIBALL.
- Time remaining gets added to the jackpot base.
- If the player cannot lock 3 balls, their game ends.

- Added SUPER CATAPULT Multiball
- 4 Ball Multiball, with new display art and lamp effects.
- Base value of multiball jackpots set during Last Chance.
- Locking a ball in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 2x until
the ball is released.
- Locking 2 balls in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 3x until
the balls are released.

- Added light shows for War Hurryup shots and War Hurryup Complete.
- Added speech for Extra Ball, Extra Ball is Lit, and Shoot Again.
- Added additional speech calls for mode intros.
- Added light show for Match sequence.
- Added shaker motor to the game intro when the Black Knight screams.

Moved to System 2.30:
Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

LE V0.97 - June 19, 2019
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed a timing issue which prevented players from getting credit for another
lock or super jackpot when the ball was released from the catapult lock and
quickly re-locked.
- Fixed an issue which could infrequently cause the flail to move at a slow
speed when it should have been in the open position.
- Fixed an issue where catapult multiball would not award KNIGHT letters.
- Fixed an issue where the Ball Saved animation could show when the ball was
not saved.
Tweaked:
- Improved handling of outlane ball save during situations where multiball
ball saver is active or in grace period.
- Modified the Extra Ball light show to keep all the GI on.
- Modified the Triple Knights lock light shows to include backbox lamp
effects.
- Changed the relight shots in Lich mode to the same color as unfreeze shots.
- Changed the rules for WAR and RAGE lanes to keep the same lanes lit for a
player on their next ball in play.
- Reduced the amount of time the flail stays in open position after being hit
in Catapult Multiball.
- Volume Adjustments and Tweaks.
- Install Competition Mode sets
- LAST CHANCE MODE ENABLED to NO
- PLAY BLACK KNIGHT INTRO to NO
New:
- Added RANSOM Wizard Mode
- Lit by spelling KNIGHT a second time in a single game.
- Started by shooting the left VUK.
- Classic Black Knight 2000 Sounds, Speech, and 14-Segment Display.
- Timed 60 Second 3-Ball Multiball. The ball saver does not expire.
- +5x Bonus
- FLAIL = MILLIONS
- ORBITS = 750,000
- WAR = MILLIONS
- EXTRA BALL IS Lit
- EVERYTHING IS LIT
- Added LAST CHANCE feature
- To Qualify Last Chance:
- Player must be on their last ball in play.
- Player cannot have played a Catapult Multiball.
- Player must drain down the left outlane with no ball save lit OR
- Player must drain down the right outlane and press the magna-save button
before the ball drains.
- Timed Mode where the goal is to re-lock balls in the Catapult Lock.
- Lower Flippers are Disabled.
- Player gets unlimited balls served for the duration of the mode.
- Player controls the launching of balls into play.
- Completing RAGE lanes adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Shooting the Light Locks target adds time and builds jackpot base.
- Player must lock 3 balls in the Catapult Lock to start SUPER MULTIBALL.
- Time remaining gets added to the jackpot base.
- If the player cannot lock 3 balls, their game ends.
- Added SUPER CATAPULT Multiball
- 4 Ball Multiball, with new display art and lamp effects.
- Base value of multiball jackpots set during Last Chance.
- Locking a ball in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 2x until
the ball is released.
- Locking 2 balls in the Catapult Lock sets jackpot multiplier to 3x until
the balls are released.
- Added light shows for War Hurryup shots and War Hurryup Complete.
- Added speech for Extra Ball, Extra Ball is Lit, and Shoot Again.
- Added additional speech calls for mode intros.
- Added light show for Match sequence.
- Added shaker motor to the game intro when the Black Knight screams.
Moved to System 2.30:
Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE INIZIALI"

That all sounds pretty cool. What is the physical item?

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That all sounds pretty cool. What is the physical item?

A free post and rubber on the upper playfield that'll help bounce the ball back up to the upper flipper.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

A free post and rubber on the upper playfield that'll help bounce the ball back up to the upper flipper.

Didn’t catch the live stream and can’t watch the video until much later tonight. Are they sending the post thing automatically to owners, or do we have to “order” it?

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Didn’t catch the live stream and can’t watch the video until much later tonight. Are they sending the post thing automatically to owners, or do we have to “order” it?

Order it.

#609 4 years ago

Can anyone explain what these icons on the left are supposed to mean?

6B7572C6-549A-441D-ACBF-9937D766B7A7 (resized).jpeg6B7572C6-549A-441D-ACBF-9937D766B7A7 (resized).jpeg
#611 4 years ago

I feel a nice final touch could be adding something for completing those?

#612 4 years ago

great job from Stern last night on showing the new code and for Steve/Tim and the other team members to give us his feedback directly, its so refreshing to see that! Looking forward to playing the new code tonight.

Neil.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

great job from Stern last night on showing the new code and for Steve/Tim and the other team members to give us his feedback directly, its so refreshing to see that! Looking forward to playing the new code tonight.
Neil.

Where do you see this? Is this part of the Stern insiders thing?

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Where do you see this? Is this part of the Stern insiders thing?

Deadflip stream.

#615 4 years ago

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Will they add one for the pro?

#617 4 years ago

Here is the bottom line, the super loop champion on my current BK2000 is 22 loops. This new BK will never be able to achieve such glory! The upper playfield loops on the new BKSOF are weak at best, which points to the design flaw. That plastic doesn’t appear to help much as I don’t think I saw 2 consecutive loops in that entire video. I love Steve like the rest of you, but even the greatest designer cannot nail it every time. I will be buying this game either way as I am Black Knight obsessed, but I am still not convinced that the premium is the way to go? That being said, aside from the layout, I love everything about this game! Thanks for making this Stern!

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Here is the bottom line, the super loop champion on my current BK2000 is 22 loops. This new BK will never be able to achieve such glory! The upper playfield loops on the new BKSOF are weak at best, which points to the design flaw. That plastic doesn’t appear to help much as I don’t think I saw 2 consecutive loops in that entire video. I love Steve like the rest of you, but even the greatest designer cannot nail it every time. I will be buying this game either way as I am Black Knight obsessed, but I am still not convinced that the premium is the way to go? That being said, aside from the layout, I love everything about this game! Thanks for making this Stern!

Myself and several people I've talked to got the Premium because in our humble opinions:

- We personally prefer the Premium backglass and cabinet art work over the Pro and the LE (despite the playfield toy, the game is called "Sword of Rage", not "Flail of Rage")
- The ability to stack Triple Knights Challenge and Catapult Multiball for 6-ball play is mega-awesome
- We are using the extra $1500 to pick and choose the updates/mods we want ... and we'll have likely spent a lot less than $1500 to make ourselves really happy once we're done
-Adding better speakers/subwoofer, speaker lights, real knocker, HD glass, Stern shooter rod, shaker motor, animated Pingraffix Powerbladez (if they get just a few more people to commit to ordering), have our side armor, legs and other such metal parts powdercoated to our individual tastes, etc.
- Will it be possible to get a replacement LE mirrored backglass if something were to happen to mine? Or would I have to go back to a translite in such an unfortunate event?
- Not sure why I'd want/need a certificate of authenticity. Is some evil manufacturing entity flooding the market with knockoff BKSORs? I'm pretty certain it will be quite obvious who made my game both today and years from now.

Even if all the improvements I opt for cost more than $1500, it's not likely to be much more. And having that extra $1500 is one heck of a head start.

#619 4 years ago

How is the upper play field holding up for everyone? I have about 550 balls played and a playfield protector up there. The protector is already showing quite a bit of wear which I would have imagined would have show on the play field without it…unless the protector is softer, which might be the case.

#620 4 years ago

I have a pro but I will say I was surprised how quickly the stock pinballs started to look dinged up. Take a look at yours and see if they need changed out.

That said the vivak or whatever is likely less durable than the lexan.

#621 4 years ago

So when is tim sexton, steve ritchie, or DeadFlip going to inform us where we can get the 2 plastic protectors and "playfield enhancement?" As shown in the livestream.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

So when is tim sexton, steve ritchie, or deadflip going to inform us where we can get the 2 plastic protectors and "playfield enhancement?" As shown in the livestream.

I thought I heard on the video it would take a couple weeks and then buyers would get an email and instructions for getting one.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I thought I heard on the video it would take a couple weeks and then buyers would get an email and instructions for getting one.

They can only email if you registered your game thru the Stern site! Make sure your game is registered!

#624 4 years ago

I emailed Chas at Stern. I was told to go through my distributor.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have a pro but I will say I was surprised how quickly the stock pinballs started to look dinged up. Take a look at yours and see if they need changed out.
That said the vivak or whatever is likely less durable than the lexan.

Yup replaced mine already and I am home use. Anyone with it on route will have to replace even sooner I'd imagine

#626 4 years ago

What are the overall thoughts on this pin? Played a Premium and loved it. Never played any of the older Black Knights. Tying to figure out if it’s a keeper in a small lineup 3-4 or not,

#627 4 years ago

Is there any penalty when during the battle when a monster hits you? I think it would be fun if something did happen...

Rob

#628 4 years ago

Is it normal that my flail look a bit rough? I thought it would look polished like a pinball, but it actually look a bit like rough material?

P1030827 (resized).JPGP1030827 (resized).JPG
#629 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What are the overall thoughts on this pin? Played a Premium and loved it. Never played any of the older Black Knights. Tying to figure out if it’s a keeper in a small lineup 3-4 or not,

Truthfully I love the game. Lots of haters out there but I own the premium and can't stop playing it. Extremely well done. Great shots! Great rules! Multiballs are easy to achieve but tough to master to get the big jackpots. Mode stacking is excellent. Its a tough game with some brutal drains but you need to learn the game and the shots. Once you do you realize how well this thing was put together. This game is the total package. The music fits this game so well. No complaints on this game from me.

#630 4 years ago

Forgot to post put up my new high on my BK pro at home no extra balls and super tight tilt still really loving this game.

20190626_143920 (resized).jpg20190626_143920 (resized).jpg
#631 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Forgot to post put up my new high on my BK pro at home no extra balls and super tight tilt still really loving this game.[quoted image]

That's a huge score on this game! Now I need to see if I can beat that. Probably won't happen but it's all about setting goals lol.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Is it normal that my flail look a bit rough? I thought it would look polished like a pinball, but it actually look a bit like rough material?[quoted image]

Mine looked like that out of the box. I imagine they are a bit textured as it is just going to get beat up over time.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Truthfully I love the game. Lots of haters out there but I own the premium and can't stop playing it. Extremely well done. Great shots! Great rules! Multiballs are easy to achieve but tough to master to get the big jackpots. Mode stacking is excellent. Its a tough game with some brutal drains but you need to learn the game and the shots. Once you do you realize how well this thing was put together. This game is the total package. The music fits this game so well. No complaints on this game from me.

I’ll second this. I really love my #tna after a year and this pin feels really similar to me.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Same thoughts as this is great game and one I will be keeping.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Same thoughts as this is great game and one I will be keeping.

Ditto. Mine is never going anywhere ... well ... except for wherever I go!

#636 4 years ago

Quick question: Should I install the playfield "mylar" that was included in the box if my pin is for HUO?

#637 4 years ago

Forgot to post put up my new high on my BK pro at home no extra balls and super tight tilt still really loving this game.[quoted image]

What the?! What's your strategy here? I cant get past 175m

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

What the?! What's your strategy here? I cant get past 175m

Start out go right for triple knights before I start the multi ball stack a mode with it. During the multi ball try to finish the mode and complete a war hurry up to get knights letters. If you do well in multi ball you will be one knight letter away from retro mode after that I usually just go for another mode to get a quick knight letter or for another triple knights multi ball. Retro mode can be very valuable as well if you get super spinners.

#639 4 years ago

Is there another new code coming out for the pro?

#640 4 years ago

Start out go right for triple knights before I start the multi ball stack a mode with it. During the multi ball try to finish the mode and complete a war hurry up to get knights letters. If you do well in multi ball you will be one knight letter away from retro mode after that I usually just go for another mode to get a quick knight letter or for another triple knights multi ball. Retro mode can be very valuable as well if you get super spinners.

Hm, ok. That's pretty much what I do. Have not been able to capitalize on a big super spinner though.

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Anyone have issues with the shield/knights VUK shooting the ball up to the ramp having the ball bounce off the wireform? It happens once in 20 shots...then sometimes twice in a row. I've tried bending the metal loop and changing the VUK power. If the power is too low, if multiple balls are back there it can't eject them to the wireform. Just seeing if anyone has this issue and if you got it working right.

Yes, I am getting this pretty frequently, and worried I'll get a wear spot sooner than expected. Interested in seeing everyone else's settings.

#642 4 years ago

I love love love my BK3 pin. I was fortunate enough to get a DP Pro and and IMDN Premium at the same time and I play BK3 more than the other two and that's saying something because the other (2) are excellent pins.

Anyway, a quick question. I was FINALLY able to get a (6) ball multiball going and on both occasions the game tilted on me. Now I suck as a pinball player and I wear it like a badge of honor, but one thing I don't do is shake my pins. I did finally take out the tilt bob in the game and I haven't reached that multiball yet, but I was wondering if anyone has this problem.

Also, I didn't even notice the extra piece of mylar included in the plastic baggie. I saw Steve Ritchie talk about installing it with windex and how to smooth it out, so does it go on the upper playfield like another pinsider asked about and is it really needed if my pin will only be HUO? I recall Mr. Richie saying he would put it on, so just curious.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I love love love my BK3 pin. I was fortunate enough to get a DP Pro and and IMDN Premium at the same time and I play BK3 more than the other two and that's saying something because the other (2) are excellent pins.
Anyway, a quick question. I was FINALLY able to get a (6) ball multiball going and on both occasions the game tilted on me. Now I suck as a pinball player and I wear it like a badge of honor, but one thing I don't do is shake my pins. I did finally take out the tilt bob in the game and I haven't reached that multiball yet, but I was wondering if anyone has this problem.
Also, I didn't even notice the extra piece of mylar included in the plastic baggie. I saw Steve Ritchie talk about installing it with windex and how to smooth it out, so does it go on the upper playfield like another pinsider asked about and is it really needed if my pin will only be HUO? I recall Mr. Richie saying he would put it on, so just curious.

I noticed the tilt can be sensitive, but that said I think mine was too tight. I dropped it down and it seems to be fine now. I never had the issue related to multiball.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I noticed the tilt can be sensitive, but that said I think mine was too tight. I dropped it down and it seems to be fine now. I never had the issue related to multiball.

Thank you sir!

#645 4 years ago

My neighbor who is over 95 Years old playing black knight.

DSC_0064 (resized).JPGDSC_0064 (resized).JPG
#646 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

My neighbor who is over 95 Years old playing black knight.[quoted image]

Does he enjoy it?

#647 4 years ago

Got the Last Chance and Super Catapult MB tonight. Very cool. Obviously it didn't start out a good game but it ended up being a lot of fun. Very cool and innovative feature in the software.

#648 4 years ago

Slow weekend - here is some progress on our first mod for BKsor fans.
Think of our MMr sword toppers with a BK twist.
Flipper toppers of rage sneak peak now in casting.

BKsorTpr (resized).pngBKsorTpr (resized).png
#649 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

For the record, I am publicly stating I was wrong. I got a chance to play BK premium over the weekend and I loved it. I ended up playing the pro following playing the premium and the pro cannot compete with the LE/Premium. The premium was awesome, loved every bit of it! Steve killed it with the call outs, Tim killed it on the code and the animations are incredible.......this game is a full out, in your face fight! I am buying this game!

#650 4 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, the wrong text on page 8 in the Black Knight LE owner's manual
Screenshot_20190630-122716_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190630-122716_Gallery (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.