3DB61923-65BD-4237-B177-0F75799E0852.gif
IMG_6433 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6434 (resized).jpeg
adam-sandler-just-do-it-ign597s36ko7jd8l.gif
Image 30 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240702_115929_Messages (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 120.
#5801 21 days ago

New anniversary Limited Edition incoming? LOL

#5802 21 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm working on the sounds currently.
I prefer the alternate factory option but would like to make the non Sr callouts more gritty, less Monty python.
Also get some more medieval music going...one of the tracks sounds like sttng!
Don't care for the metal style music option at all.

All I ask, instead of him saying surprise. I want this…
IMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0901 (resized).jpeg

#5803 21 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Won't be long now!!
[quoted image]

Woo Hoo!

#5804 20 days ago

Is there any extra feature connected to the topper, like in Mando or GZ? Or just a cool toy?
How do you like it those who have it?

#5805 20 days ago

No extra mode that I know of and the topper is bad a$$. Can’t imagine not having it.

#5806 20 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

Is there any extra feature connected to the topper, like in Mando or GZ? Or just a cool toy?
How do you like it those who have it?

You get extra callouts with the topper. I also wouldn't put it out of the question for Stern to do something extra that's topper related. They've been doing things like that lately.

#5808 18 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

guys, is there any rumor about premiums to be produced? what is the experience with the transparent upper pf, does it get scrathced easily over time?
any feedback about pro vs prem?
Thank you very much!

I really like the extra options that come with the upper playfield. And Novus 2 can clear up any cloudiness. Mine looks like glass.

#5809 15 days ago

BKSOR pro + topper likely inbound next week! Any must have mods (asides from Topper)? Is shooter rod worth it?

#5810 15 days ago
Quoted from Darkstar_otbco:

BKSOR pro + topper likely inbound next week! Any must have mods (asides from Topper)? Is shooter rod worth it?

Shooter rod is absolutely bad ass and feels good when playing IMHO.

If you like speaker lighting I think the flaming light kit is a must along with the grill effects inserts (knight helmet) available on pinside. I did this and couldn't be happier with the result. Other than that I have done nothing to the game except art blades (Stern official ones).

Correction I did do some custom side armor as well (see pic)

IMG_9150 (resized).jpegIMG_9150 (resized).jpeg

IMG_9148 (resized).jpegIMG_9148 (resized).jpeg
#5811 15 days ago
Quoted from Darkstar_otbco:

I'm told mine should ship this week. I have topper, art blades, apron cards, titan rubber, ramp illumination kit, LE powder coated armor, flipper toppers, coin chest diverter cover, shaker, pinstadiums, LE speaker kit, subwoofer, etc.... waiting on it. Probably overkill, but who cares

#5812 15 days ago

I'm really excited to get mine again. Really missed having BKSOR premium at home but PRO flows much better IMO.
Skipping out on Topper and mods though.

#5813 14 days ago

I’ve been noodling with the idea to buy a BKSoR pro.

Only played it a few times when it was new but not played it in years. I seem to remember like the music and it was fun rules.

But I’m also thinking if maybe I’d be better off with a Bond pro or Goo pro they seem to have a good following.

I’m curious if you guys have an opinion, I think BKSor is a great theme, but really like Bond theme.

Overall I’ve not played much of Bond or Foo either. Just when they came out but only like 10-20 games on each.

Thanks.

#5814 14 days ago

So am I crazy? My local distributor is getting his allotment next week and he said he has one for me if I want it. I have a Black Knight already and it has about 5000 plays. I’m highly tempted to pick his up, move over all my upgrades, (mainly my sword) and then sell my old one. I know 5000 isn’t a ton, but realistically that shaves off a solid 5 years of playing before I’m back up to that number, since I typically own 9-11 pins, it’s not played hundreds a month or anything.

Anybody near St Louis looking for one? Will ant least still have insider connect, and art blades lol

#5815 14 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve been noodling with the idea to buy a BKSoR pro.
Only played it a few times when it was new but not played it in years. I seem to remember like the music and it was fun rules.
But I’m also thinking if maybe I’d be better off with a Bond pro or Goo pro they seem to have a good following.
I’m curious if you guys have an opinion, I think BKSor is a great theme, but really like Bond theme.
Overall I’ve not played much of Bond or Foo either. Just when they came out but only like 10-20 games on each.
Thanks.

Really depends what sort of game play you like. BKSOR is not going to have the same playing depth as most other moderns. you are basically just fighting a random monster 5 times, then you fight the black knight.

two fun retro modes that can be played as individual mini games with friends.

at the same time, this simplicity is what gives the game a lot of lasting appeal, and a bit of rule depth with regard to scoring can help a better player make other decisions.

Kind of like a classic amongst moderns, it doesn't get old, at least not for me.

#5816 14 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So am I crazy? My local distributor is getting his allotment next week and he said he has one for me if I want it. I have a Black Knight already and it has about 5000 plays. I’m highly tempted to pick his up, move over all my upgrades, (mainly my sword) and then sell my old one. I know 5000 isn’t a ton, but realistically that shaves off a solid 5 years of playing before I’m back up to that number, since I typically own 9-11 pins, it’s not played hundreds a month or anything.
Anybody near St Louis looking for one? Will ant least still have insider connect, and art blades lol

If you are into playing it that much, maybe you just need two of them.

#5817 14 days ago
Quoted from koji:

If you are into playing it that much, maybe you just need two of them.

Well I never plan to sell it. So removing 5000 plays from it removes a solid 5 years of wear. So for let say roughly $1000 or so. Seems worth it.

#5818 14 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Really depends what sort of game play you like. BKSOR is not going to have the same playing depth as most other moderns. you are basically just fighting a random monster 5 times, then you fight the black knight.
at the same time, this simplicity is what gives the game a lot of lasting appeal, and a bit of rule depth with regard to scoring can help a better player make other decisions.
Kind of like a classic amongst moderns, it doesn't get old, at least not for me.

Thanks, I do like the complexity of modern games but I have a lot of those in my collection. One of favorite games tho is TNA and I also like Iron Man and AFM which are probably more old school rules.

I do get worried if a game is too long playing like LotR and think maybe Bond could be something like LotR in length.

I like some games that I can just jump on and have a short game with a lot of action.

I did buy the remake of Fathom and while it was fun, it got old quick with me because it was too simple. I was hoping the new rules would have taken it in a new direction but to me the new codes wasn’t so good with the layout.

#5819 14 days ago

How do you play the retro modes mini games? I don’t see anything about this in the Tilt rules.

#5820 14 days ago
Quoted from rai:

How do you play the retro modes mini games? I don’t see anything about this in the Tilt rules.

Originally, they were only part of the main game as Knight Modes. With the Insider Connected update, they made the retro modes into selectable challenge modes too. Just hold down the flipper buttons in attract mode and select the one you want to play. One is based on the original BK and the other is based on BK2000.

Quoted from rai:

I like some games that I can just jump on and have a short game with a lot of action.

BKSoR definitely fits that bill.

#5821 13 days ago

If you like TNA and Iron Man, you will like BKSOR Pro. BKSOR pro is very similar to iron man where you jump right in. Game plays quick and ball times are not going to be as long as bond, gz, etc. bond is a great game. It is probably the deepest stern. I’ve put a good amount of time on Bond and BKSOR. Canceled my pulp order to put the funds to BKSOR + topper.

Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I do like the complexity of modern games but I have a lot of those in my collection. One of favorite games tho is TNA and I also like Iron Man and AFM which are probably more old school rules.
I do get worried if a game is too long playing like LotR and think maybe Bond could be something like LotR in length.
I did buy the remake of Fathom and while it was fun, it got old quick with me because it was too simple. I was hoping the new rules would have taken it in a new direction but to me the new codes wasn’t so good with the layout.

#5822 13 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I hate to say it your partially crazy. Though you'll get Stern Insider with this and loose a couple hundred bucks in resale.
Your 5000 play game is just about broken in real nice. New one will not feel the same. Unless your a location then go ahead
you can recoup depreciation of asset.

#5823 12 days ago

I just got a new BKSoR pro with topper to go next to my GoT pro. It's so new just six days old from the build date sticker.

IMG_6333 (resized).jpegIMG_6333 (resized).jpegIMG_6335 (resized).jpegIMG_6335 (resized).jpeg

#5824 12 days ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]I just got a new BKSoR pro with topper to go next to my GoT pro.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I’m wondering if there were any improvements..usually they do this type of thing in later runs so, care to share some better shots of the playfield? Thanks

#5825 12 days ago

I have a shaker from a prior game which was a SAM game, the wire isn't long enough to reach over to the other side, is there any adapter I can buy or do I need to buy a new shaker?

#5826 12 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178731

Hmm.. C'mon one more code update before you sell

#5827 12 days ago
Quoted from koji:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/178731
Hmm.. C'mon one more code update before you sell

Nail meet coffin - nope.

#5828 12 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Does the pro also have two retro modes?

#5829 12 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does the pro also have two retro modes?

I presume so.. no reason for it not to.

#5831 12 days ago

Recently joined the club when I traded for a BKSoR LE! Love this game, super challenging. Had BK2000 for many years, and in a weird unplanned coincidence of timing, I sold BK2000 and picked up BKSoR on the very same day.

The ugly green start button was driving me crazy, and this one had been on my to-do list for a while, so here's Rocket City Pinball's 3D start button for BKSoR!

BKSOR-all (resized).jpgBKSOR-all (resized).jpg

As you can see, my intent was to emulate the lightning wheel, and it turned out great! The version with text uses the same font that's in the game on the display. The version without text includes the black ring & gold rivets around the red center. I removed this portion (and expanded the red) on the text version, to be more legible when lit. (The black ring was 'melding' with the silhouetted letters when lit so it was hard to read.)

The print uses six different colors printed with mid-layer filament changes. I really love how it turned out! The lit pictures don't do it justice -- photographing lit items is always a challenge.

Now available in my shop, will begin shipping this week. https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1282-rocket-city-pinball/11093-3d-start-button-black-knight-sword-of-rage

#5832 12 days ago

Hello team BKSoR, a sad day as I have just listed my LE for sale. Perhaps anyone interested in an upgrade? It is in beautiful condition, with extras. I've babied this thing. I'm just out of room, and have to move a machine every time I need access to my storage space. And I'm the only one who plays it. Check it out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/179048

#5833 11 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Congrats! I’m wondering if there were any improvements..usually they do this type of thing in later runs so, care to share some better shots of the playfield? Thanks

It comes with Insider now, I don't think the original run did. Aside from that, just the same.

#5834 11 days ago

Just picked up a nib BKSOR for route!
Wish her luck!

IMG_9427 (resized).jpegIMG_9427 (resized).jpeg
#5835 11 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I just got a new BKSoR pro with topper to go next to my GoT pro. It's so new just six days old from the build date sticker.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an ass-kicker of a lineup if I ever saw one. Not to many long games in your house.

Nice work on that button, Andy. Not sure which version I prefer. I'm gonna need coin rejects with the Knight on them though

#5836 11 days ago

My HUO BKSOR Pre is available. Give me a shout if interested!

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “BKSOR Premium is up for grabs I am the first and only owner HUO - 1100 and change plays Shaker motor installed No chipping/pooling Asking $8,250 - cash on the glass please No trad...”
11 days ago
Pillager, MN
8,250 (OBO)

#5837 11 days ago

7k for an unlicensed theme pro. Hmmm.

#5838 11 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Technically, there is a license involved (Scientific Games/WMS), but it's a pretty cheap one from I've heard.

#5839 11 days ago

I caved and added a second mod for The Black Knight. Insider connected freshly installed!

IMG_1910 (resized).jpegIMG_1910 (resized).jpeg
#5840 11 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Nice work on that button, Andy. Not sure which version I prefer. I'm gonna need coin rejects with the Knight on them though

Thank you! I do plan to do coin rejects and a hardware cleanup kit, but it'll likely be several weeks before I can get to those. Have some intermediate goals (updated website should be ready to launch soon, quarterly sales taxes), family visiting, and then Southern Fried Gaming Expo ... so grab your start button in the meantime and stay tuned for the rest!

#5841 11 days ago

Now that these are being shipped with Insider connect, perhaps someone can print a nice decal to go around the scanner? Cover up that awful red one?

#5842 11 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It doesn’t matter if there’s a license theme or not the price is the price either buy one or don’t.

Your feelings don’t set the market, the market speaks, if Stern couldn’t sell the pro at $7k they wouldn’t make them. I know for a fact they are selling the new batch just like they sold the last run.

Go buy a TS4 or Bond or whatever then if you are only into license themes.

This has been talked to death, it doesn’t matter if a game has 2 spinners or zero spinners, 2 flippers or 4 flippers, a license or no license. Stern sells the pro for $7k. That’s the price, if you’re all bent because it doesn’t fit your budget or your feelings of what it should cost don’t buy it.

I know, pros used to cost $4500 and a nice LE like STLE was $7700 and AFM LE was $8k. Go back in time and buy them or don’t. A Big Mac now cost $5-6, when I was younger they used to cost $1 each, that’s inflation.

#5843 11 days ago

Just checking about the rules, the only PF multiplier is the Sword bonus(2x) and when in the retro Knight MB whatever number of balls in play?

#5844 11 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now that these are being shipped with Insider connect, perhaps someone can print a nice decal to go around the scanner? Cover up that awful red one?

Every game Stern makes should have a decal available to cover that ugly red IC decal.

While we are at it, we need a replacement Magna Save apron decal to get rid of the yellow warning message.

#5845 10 days ago
Quoted from rai:

It doesn’t matter if there’s a license theme or not the price is the price either buy one or don’t.
Your feelings don’t set the market, the market speaks, if Stern couldn’t sell the pro at $7k they wouldn’t make them. I know for a fact they are selling the new batch just like they sold the last run.
Go buy a TS4 or Bond or whatever then if you are only into license themes.
This has been talked to death, it doesn’t matter if a game has 2 spinners or zero spinners, 2 flippers or 4 flippers, a license or no license. Stern sells the pro for $7k. That’s the price, if you’re all bent because it doesn’t fit your budget or your feelings of what it should cost don’t buy it.
I know, pros used to cost $4500 and a nice LE like STLE was $7700 and AFM LE was $8k. Go back in time and buy them or don’t. A Big Mac now cost $5-6, when I was younger they used to cost $1 each, that’s inflation.

I am loving inflation actually.

#5846 10 days ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

I caved and added a second mod for The Black Knight. Insider connected freshly installed!
[quoted image]

If you already knew this forgive me! You only need insider on one machine in your house . Use the home team function. It’s only 25 bucks to get non insider machines up and running . You also get to keep the beautiful art instead of the scanner . No longer have to pull phone out either just hold left flipper and sign in.

#5847 10 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Just checking about the rules, the only PF multiplier is the Sword bonus(2x) and when in the retro Knight MB whatever number of balls in play?

I think the sword is just for monster hits (2x) except for lich lords which does not get a scoring bump.

Yes retro mode 1 scoring is a throwback for Mb scoring based on the number of balls. Utilizing super feature jackpot here is a great scoring Strat.

Super features are kind of a pf multiplier. Boosting scoring for various shots, and stack into everything else.

Another way to boost monster scoring is to shoot the flail after the mode is qualified but before starting it. Keep hitting the flail lane as much as you can gamble before starting the mode. (note you lost all progress if you drain) . This is the trick to going for those individual monster GCS.

#5848 10 days ago
Quoted from stompeN:

If you already knew this forgive me! You only need insider on one machine in your house . Use the home team function. It’s only 25 bucks to get non insider machines up and running . You also get to keep the beautiful art instead of the scanner . No longer have to pull phone out either just hold left flipper and sign in.

How does this work ? Is there a kit?

#5849 10 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Every game Stern makes should have a decal available to cover that ugly red IC decal.
While we are at it, we need a replacement Magna Save apron decal to get rid of the yellow warning message.

I make them for a lot of games, but I guess I need to make some for BKSOR! Here is the current list of games with replacement art for the seizure warning and QR decal. They are magnets (except decals are available for use on the plastic apron on Pros).

007 James Bond: https://tinyurl.com/Bond007SCP
007 James Bond 60th: https://tinyurl.com/Bond60
Deadpool: https://tinyurl.com/DeadpoolSCP
Elvira HOH: https://tinyurl.com/ElviraSCP
Foo Fighters: https://tinyurl.com/FooFightersSCP
Godzilla: https://tinyurl.com/GodzillaSCP
Jaws: https://tinyurl.com/JawsSCP
John Wick: https://tinyurl.com/JohnWickSCP
Led Zeppelin: https://tinyurl.com/ZeppelinSCP
Mandalorian: https://tinyurl.com/MandoSCP
Rush: https://tinyurl.com/RushSCP
Star Wars: https://tinyurl.com/StarWarsSCP
Stranger Things: https://tinyurl.com/StrangerThingsSCP
Venom: https://tinyurl.com/VenomSCP

20240622_162553 (resized).jpg20240622_162553 (resized).jpgimage_50429697 (resized).JPGimage_50429697 (resized).JPG
#5850 10 days ago
Quoted from stompeN:

You only need insider on one machine in your house . Use the home team function. It’s only 25 bucks to get non insider machines up and running . You also get to keep the beautiful art instead of the scanner . No longer have to pull phone out either just hold left flipper and sign in.

Quoted from rai:

How does this work ? Is there a kit?

First you need a wifi adapter that will stay in the game (I got this one, per pinsiders' recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N99QWTM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title). Then you open the game up and lift the pf up on the supports. Do the same on another game that has the IC scanner. Disconnect the Cat5 cable from IC scanner machine board, and run it over to the non-IC game (you may need longer Cat5 cable if you can't move the machines easily). You're essentially temporarily hijacking the other game's scanner. Using the network settings, scan in your IC code and get your home team set up. After that you can disconnect the scanner (and get it hooked back up in the original game) and your home team will always be present. The downside is no one else can scan in (e.g. guests) but if you have frequent enough guests, add them to your home team too.

Obviously you'll need the latest code too if you're not on it already. EDIT: Also I forgot you also need a microsd card to put into the control board. (thanks stompeN ) ... I'm pretty sure there's a video out there that walks you through all this, that's better than my crappy summary here.

Screenshot_20240702_115929_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240702_115929_Messages (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Lighting - Interactive
The Pinball Scientist

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Reading, MA
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.