20240707_112353 (resized).jpg
20240707_112401 (resized).jpg
IMG_6471 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8108102_3840772 (resized).jpg
IMG_0317 (resized).jpeg
3DB61923-65BD-4237-B177-0F75799E0852.gif
IMG_6433 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 121.
#5751 47 days ago

SPIKE 2 Flamin' Frames Speaker Light Kits are on sale for 10% off until June 6th.

All other Speaker Light Kits are also on sale, with 5.25" speaker plates and other items getting price drops. I also have a lower special shipping rate on domestic USPS Priority Mail orders.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5752 47 days ago

Are Black Knight Pros still shipping this month?

#5753 46 days ago

Still looking for the shooter rod if anyone has one.

I keep missing out when they come in stock

#5754 41 days ago

Okay, time to finally get off my butt and ask for help:

When I got my Premium home my shield mech worked for a few games and then became limp. I lifted the playfield and noticed the mech wasn't tightend down correctly. Also noticed a black zip tie from the bottom of the metal frame work to the top of the coil.

I tightened the screws and all seemed well for a bit and then again, my shield mech went limp. It would lift up but not enough; when you go to shoot the ball under the shield it would clip the bottom. Adjusting the strength of the mech doesn't seem to help matters.

I was instructed by another pinsider to try tightening the little screw on the back of the arm. It worked for a few games and then back to being limp. I think the screw has created a divot or wear in the rod over time with hits and now won't tighten properly.

My other theory is that I simply have a shoddy or failing coil.

Turning the diverter off in settings makes the game totally playable, albeit harder. Shield hits registers as they should and the shot that would normally go under it into the diverter simply bounces off the shield and progresses the game as if it were working properly, but it's a case of recover/trap the ball while the game goes black as it's running the animations on the screen for the current monster mode.

I don't know if I should buy a new shield rod/arm, an entirely new Knight mech or if the culprit is the coil itself. I clipped the zip tie off the other day and the shield worked for one game, then back to barely being lifted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm old and not very bright!

It's my girlfriend's favorite game and I'd love to get it back working properly.

#5755 41 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Still looking for the shooter rod if anyone has one.
I keep missing out when they come in stock

https://www.kingpingames.net/product-page/black-knight-sword-of-rage-shooter-rod

#5756 41 days ago

Replace the shield bracket, the set screw wears the shaft and will never tighten enough to hold the shield.

Pinball life has the arm shield bracket

#5757 40 days ago

Officially in the club as I brought the game home yesterday.

The game is so much fun but she can be mean of course. It is also one of the more insulting games I have ever had which is hilarious.

What plastic protectors does everyone use as I hate the metal washers on the game? I see mezel has clear blue and yellow. All look good. I see there are some at PBL and other places. Just want to get what might be best.

And I must say that I cannot imagine owning this game without the topper it adds so much to the overall experience. Yeah I know it’s expensive as hell but man it is good.

#5758 40 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The game is so much fun but she can be mean of course. It is also one of the more insulting games I have ever had which is hilarious.
What plastic protectors does everyone use as I hate the metal washers on the game? I see mezel has clear blue and yellow. All look good. I see there are some at PBL and other places. Just want to get what might be best.
And I must say that I cannot imagine owning this game without the topper it adds so much to the overall experience. Yeah I know it’s expensive as hell but man it is good.

Did you find a shooter rod?

#5759 40 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Did you find a shooter rod?

Yes hemisphere had one

#5760 40 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Welcome to the club, maggot...now give me your money!

#5761 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Welcome to the club, maggot...now give me your money!

Yeah that is a downside of having it on free play you don’t get to hear all of that. Loved it on location.

#5762 40 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah that is a downside of having it on free play you don’t get to hear all of that. Loved it on location.

I believe you can adjust the amount of taunting and back peddling call outs in the settings; also I'm fairly certain new call outs become available with the topper installed.

#5763 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I believe you can adjust the amount of taunting and back peddling call outs in the settings; also I'm fairly certain new call outs become available with the topper installed.

No difference in callouts AFAIK / noticed.

#5764 40 days ago
Quoted from koji:

No difference in callouts AFAIK / noticed.

Once I installed my topper I started hearing a "You look a lot smaller from up here!" or something of that nature. Maybe he's always said it regardless but I had the game for months and had never heard it before.

#5765 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Once I installed my topper I started hearing a "You look a lot smaller from up here!" or something of that nature. Maybe he's always said it regardless but I had the game for months and had never heard it before.

Interesting.. I don't recall that callout. But I went the other way and sold my topper, so maybe something on newer code, or I just didn't notice.

#5766 40 days ago

Having a weird problem on my premium with upper flipper.

Every time you flip it 4 times it will stick in the up position. After some time it falls back down to the normal position. Flip 4 times again and it does the same. It’s almost like it’s supposed to do it which seems odd.

This isn’t a feature of the game or something is it? Is it just a worn out mech or the sleeve?

#5767 40 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Having a weird problem on my premium with upper flipper.
Every time you flip it 4 times it will stick in the up position. After some time it falls back down to the normal position. Flip 4 times again and it does the same. It’s almost like it’s supposed to do it which seems odd.
This isn’t a feature of the game or something is it? Is it just a worn out mech or the sleeve?

It is not a feature.

Check to see if it's rubbing against the upper playfield clear plastic also.

#5768 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

It is not a feature.
Check to see if it's rubbing against the upper playfield clear plastic also.

It moves freely by hand. The white plastic under the flipper moves up and down a decent bit but doesn’t seem to be stopping it

#5770 36 days ago

We'll be streaming Black Knight SOR LE tonight at our Thursday night league. Dangerzone arcade in Gilbert AZ. 6:30 Mtn time.

https://m.twitch.tv/pocketholeshotpinball/home

20240613_180031.jpg20240613_180031.jpg

#5771 36 days ago

Such a great game, we love ours.

We added the topper, Stern art blades, shooter, grills, and flame lights makes for one helluva total package.

#5772 35 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Yup, that's a topper call.

My favorite is when you're starting a multi player game and he's like "You've got friends??"

#5773 35 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yup, that's a topper call.
My favorite is when you're starting a multi player game and he's like "You've got friends??"

I've never heard that one...too funny! Steven Ritchie is the king of insults LOL

#5774 35 days ago

Some new armor for our ruthless knight

IMG_9147 (resized).jpegIMG_9147 (resized).jpegIMG_9148 (resized).jpegIMG_9148 (resized).jpegIMG_9149 (resized).jpegIMG_9149 (resized).jpeg
#5775 35 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Some new armor for our ruthless knight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Where did you get it?

#5776 35 days ago
Quoted from SandorGoodheart:

Looks great! Where did you get it?

CabCustoms on Facebook

He has two different ones this one and a sword

#5777 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

CabCustoms on Facebook
He has two different ones this one and a sword

Mind sharing a link? I haven't had any luck with a search.

#5778 34 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Mind sharing a link? I haven't had any luck with a search.

https://www.facebook.com/CabCustom

He makes a lot of other armor as well (Jaws, JP, Venom, and several others). He does hinges and some speaker panels too. More known in the VPIN world.

It took a couple of weeks for fab for 3 sets of armor (BKSOR, Venom, and Alien) but shipping was less than a week.

He does this version as well

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5779 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

https://www.facebook.com/CabCustom
He makes a lot of other armor as well (Jaws, JP, Venom, and several others). He does hinges and some speaker panels too. More known in the VPIN world.
It took a couple of weeks for fab for 3 sets of armor (BKSOR, Venom, and Alien) but shipping was less than a week.
He does this version as well
[quoted image]

Is the entire interaction with CabCustom via Facebook? No website?

#5780 34 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:Is the entire interaction with CabCustom via Facebook? No website?

Yes all via FB messenger for me

No issues for me with communication or delivery

#5781 34 days ago

guys, is there any rumor about premiums to be produced? what is the experience with the transparent upper pf, does it get scrathced easily over time?
any feedback about pro vs prem?
Thank you very much!

#5782 34 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

guys, is there any rumor about premiums to be produced? what is the experience with the transparent upper pf, does it get scrathced easily over time?
Thank you very much!

Pro is the way. The best shooting, buttery smooth, lightning game you’ll ever play. I hold the highest score on pinside right now for the pro. No other game shoots as smooth imo.

#5783 34 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

Thank you very much!

Pro is very direct and brutal, prem gives you a little respite… and over time yes the upper PF gets cloudy.

#5784 34 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

Thank you very much!

Novus can help keep the upper more clear.

Pro forces you to really work through the monsters more and it really does have great flow with shots and returns to the flippers.

Prem gives you more rule depth, will turn your triple knight into more of a multiball stack with the upper catapult for 6 balls, so it becomes much more about the jackpots. Having the extra real estate up top to juggle, while making shots on the lower PF is pretty great.

There is stuff to like about both for sure.

#5785 33 days ago

thanks for the feedback! though call.. would be cool to try the prem as well, but I dont know anyone here having it. btw there will be a new production of the pro by the rumors..

#5786 33 days ago

I’ve had both the Pro and the LE. Both different and both very good. More depth and strategy with the upper playfield. Quite a statisfying lock shot too. Both underrated!

Dare I say the Black Knight is the best toy Stern has every made!

#5787 32 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

and over time yes the upper PF gets cloudy.

Not true. I've had mine since it came out. With the exception of typical game play scratches, my LE is as clear as it was the day it came out of the box.

#5788 32 days ago
Quoted from PinViking:

Thank you very much!

I’m kind of holding out just in case. I really like the upper playfield and how it can slow down the game a bit. If I buy a new Pro and then a run of Premiums is a go, I’d be bummed.

#5789 32 days ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m kind of holding out just in case. I really like the upper playfield and how it can slow down the game a bit. If I buy a new Pro and then a run of Premiums is a go, I’d be bummed.

Yeah, I can see that.. I suspect this is just a Pro run, as that was particularly under produced with heavy demand, and a more digestible price tag.

Used Prem and LE are not too crazy in price.. prob makes sense to find one of those if that is your pref...?

#5790 32 days ago

I had to remove the Black Knight "shroud" or cover to access the shield assembly so I could replace it.

I'm a total idiot and cannot for the life of me fit the replacement shield assembly back in with the white plastic arm that pulls the shield up. the screw holes line up fine but I cannot find an assembly video or photos either.

EDIT: I’m a moron and it turns out the replacement mech arrived incorrectly assembled! I shot them an email to arrange a replacement; I don’t want to rip this thing apart and risk ruining it.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5791 32 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I had to remove the Black Knight "shroud" or cover to access the shield assembly so I could replace it.
I'm a total idiot and cannot for the life of me fit the replacement shield assembly back in with the white plastic arm that pulls the shield up. the screw holes line up fine but I cannot find an assembly video or photos either.
EDIT: I’m a moron and it turns out the replacement mech arrived incorrectly assembled! I shot them an email to arrange a replacement; I don’t want to rip this thing apart and risk ruining it.
[quoted image]

Oh dear lord.... the replacement was assembled incorrectly?! This does not bode well for the upcoming pro run

#5792 31 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh dear lord.... the replacement was assembled incorrectly?! This does not bode well for the upcoming pro run

Don’t fret, there’s zero chance the mech fits in the game without being assembled properly.

#5793 31 days ago
Quoted from hank35:

Not true. I've had mine since it came out. With the exception of typical game play scratches, my LE is as clear as it was the day it came out of the box.

Okay, the upper PF CAN get cloudy.

Happy?

#5794 31 days ago

LMAO

IMG_4043 (resized).jpegIMG_4043 (resized).jpeg
#5795 31 days ago

The Black Knight rides again!

IMG_4047 (resized).jpegIMG_4047 (resized).jpeg
#5796 31 days ago

Anyone have an eta as to production? My understanding is that it’s either this or next week

#5797 31 days ago
Quoted from Darkstar_otbco:

Anyone have an eta as to production? My understanding is that it’s either this or next week

Last I heard was before the first week of July. So that sounds about right.

Has anyone done or seen a custom audio package for this game?

#5798 31 days ago

I don't think there's much to improve on regarding the audio package. Sound quality on the other hand...... I'm adding an external sub and upgrading the backbox speakers.

#5799 31 days ago

I'm working on the sounds currently.
I prefer the alternate factory option but would like to make the non Sr callouts more gritty, less Monty python.
Also get some more medieval music going...one of the tracks sounds like sttng!

Don't care for the metal style music option at all.

#5800 28 days ago

Won't be long now!!

Screenshot_20240621_170651_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240621_170651_Facebook (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Reading, MA
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 69.99
Lighting - Interactive
The Pinball Scientist

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.