20240613_180031.jpg
IMG_3458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3462 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3463 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 117.
#5701 38 days ago

Just ordered a shooter Rod. Now I just need the game and topper.

#5702 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

I know a lot of people have been looking for the official BKSOR Stern shooter rods, to go with their new Pros, myself included. Asking prices have been in the $300-$400 range. I ordered one through Flip N Out for $170 and they are still in stock as of now.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-official-shooter-rod-accessory

Looks like they are out of stock now, hope some of you were able to get one.

#5703 38 days ago

Damn. Sad I missed it. Been trying to find the shooter rod and side armor. Thanks for letting us know Pinball-Cruiser

#5704 38 days ago

Any word if the side armor coming back out?

#5705 38 days ago

Hi guys just joining this club & wanted to ask does anyone have experience in shipping the game with the topper via Beltman = can the topper stay on and be safely padded/supported/wrapped to ship with the backbox laid down, or does it need to be entirely removed?
Thanks for advice from anyone who’s shipped with topper.

#5706 37 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Waiting to see if they offer the side armor again before pulling the trigger on a shooter rod (here's hoping)

Side armor is only printed on and cleared, no lasercut inlay. Very lackluster.
I have it and would not have bought if I would have known.

#5707 37 days ago

Please count me in

Quoted from ThePinScientist:

Just a little promotional video showing it off. I’ve decided to do a run of 14 of them. The Treasure Chest interacts in WAR mode (flashes with the flashing playfield lights) and when Extra Ball is lit (Stays lit until EB is obtained). $65 each (shipping included for anyone in this post thread).
I mainly designed it to be a fun, visual queue for the player has an opportunity to obtain an Extra Ball (the “treasure”).
Install is fairly easy (maybe 15-25 minutes?), and nothing is permanent, and it’s completely removable.
I’ll take orders officially by the weekend. I’m just waiting on a few parts to arrive.

#5708 36 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, it's not like most Stern side armor where there are patterns laser cut into the metal? And cardboard artwork taped on the back side?

#5709 36 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The shooter rod looks cool, but appears to be HUGE ??

The shooter rod is badass, but I don’t use it—I now use the lockdown button. The bulky rod prevents a full plunge. I tend to hold the left flipper button at launch to try hitting the knight or shield for a skill shot. You can’t do it if you use the upgraded rod. I still keep the sweet rod on my machine, but I don’t use it.

#5710 36 days ago

Put the sword mod in and it seems like it makes quite a few ball traps, this being the worst. It’s not 100% consistent on the feed so I want to be able to avoid traps. I feel like there has to be a tiny plastic guide to buy but I’m not having luck trying to search sites like Marco. Any idea what would be a good fix?

IMG_9402 (resized).jpegIMG_9402 (resized).jpeg
#5711 36 days ago

If you adjust the diverter incrementally it will be 100%. Can take quite a few attempts.
I haven't had any ball traps up there as yet, be pretty wild for a ball to be flying up that high?
If sited I guess I would look at putting a custom plastic of some sort in maybe...but not for home.

#5712 36 days ago

The bracket is extremely high so I don’t really know how to stop the ball from going up that much, seems like a really big drop to the sword. I don’t have much room to move the bottom of the bracket because the base is way bigger than the original one so it’s pretty much jammed against the rail already. It’s wildly inconsistent on the feed. I’ll get a few spot on and then all over the place. I tried adjusting the vuk power since it needs to go up so much. I’ll mess with it a little more and then probably just call it a loss and go back to the original

IMG_9403 (resized).jpegIMG_9403 (resized).jpeg
#5713 36 days ago

Far out, can't please everyone I guess. Adjust the main bend down lower and out maybe? No one else has had issues that I know of.
Anyway pull it out and sell it, I get messaged at least 3 times a week for another run so people are wanting them. So you wont lose out...only in the game play then...

#5714 36 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Far out, can't please everyone I guess. Adjust the main bend down lower and out maybe? No one else has had issues that I know of.
Anyway pull it out and sell it, I get messaged at least 3 times a week for another run so people are wanting them. So you wont lose out...only in the game play then...

Wow, sorry man, not trying to crap on it, I just want to get it working. Notice my original post was just to see an idea for a way to keep to ball moving if it did go off path. I mean it is frustrating, yeah, but all games can be a little different so it’s possible mine just might not have enough clearance.

#5715 35 days ago

I’ve almost considered widening the top of the U catcher part, just to give the ball a wider landing zone. But since I dialed mine in during install I’ve had 0 misfires. I have thought about grabbing some dynamat(sound deadening) from my car audio supply pile, and putting a couple tiny pieces on the underside of the handle. Just to give it a more solid sound when the ball hits it.

#5716 35 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I’ve almost considered widening the top of the U catcher part. But since I dialed mine in during install I’ve had 0 misfires. I have thought about grabbing some dynamat(sound deadening) from my car audio supply pile, and putting a couple tiny pieces on the underside of the handle. Just to give it a more solid sound when the ball hits it.

Did you adjust your vuk power? I did at first but I wonder if that is leading to some of the issues.

#5717 35 days ago

Nope. Just had to move it to one side a hair.

#5718 35 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Nope. Just had to move it to one side a hair.

Thanks! Starting to get much more consistent!

#5719 34 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looks amazing, want this on my LE! Let me know where to send payment!

PM sent. These are ready to be shipped. I’ve also added them to my website (ThePinballScientist.com). I have about 9 left of 14 as of tonight.

I have not personally installed one on the LE or Premiums (yet—my brother wants me to install one on Premium for him), but they should theoretically work. The only thing I can think of that would be needed is to add an extension to the wires coming from the Treasure Chest light to reach the module under the playfield. The current wires probably aren’t long enough because of the added wire run from the upper playfield (if that is where it’ll be placed).

IMG_0660 (resized).jpegIMG_0660 (resized).jpegIMG_0668 (resized).jpegIMG_0668 (resized).jpeg

#5720 34 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

KJS sword. Besides that, some people do colored plastic protectors. The topper is amazing but not cheap
I made little brackets and installed a Mythic legends skeleton in the back right corner.
[quoted image]

Any chance you might share the STL for the bracket? Would love to add one of those guys on mine

#5721 34 days ago

PayPal payment was sent. Hopefully, this isn’t too difficult to install on my BK LE. Thanks!

#5722 34 days ago

Is there a DIY or some kind of kit to add the lighting to the ramp in the Pro like the Prem/LE has?

#5723 34 days ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Any chance you might share the STL for the bracket? Would love to add one of those guys on mine

It’s just thin ABS plastic sheets off Amazon. Not 3D printed.

#5724 34 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Is there a DIY or some kind of kit to add the lighting to the ramp in the Pro like the Prem/LE has?

Yes, I know MezelMods has one. I ordered it and it should arrive today. It's probably a little pricey for what it is, but not too bad.

Edit: here's a link

https://mezelmods.com/collections/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-mods/products/black-knight-pro-pinball-ramp-illumination

#5725 34 days ago

Yes, I know MezelMods has one. I ordered it and it should arrive today. It's probably a little pricey for what it is, but not too bad.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-mods/products/black-knight-pro-pinball-ramp-illumination

Ah! They finally decided to re-list it. I bought one a couple years ago and it works great. It's definitely worth the price imo.

#5726 34 days ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Ah! They finally decided to re-list it. I bought one a couple years ago and it works great. It's definitely worth the price imo.

Yeah, I went back and read through the instructions on their website. Looks like it comes with custom brackets to mount the LEDs and some other well thought out pieces. Definitely worth the price. Sure, we could probably cobble something together a little cheaper, but it's just not worth the effort. $45 is more than fair.

#5727 34 days ago

I stand corrected, this kit is well worth the asking price

Yeah, I went back and read through the instructions on their website. Looks like it comes with custom brackets to mount the LEDs and some other well thought out pieces. Definitely worth the price. Sure, we could probably cobble something together a little cheaper, but it's just not worth the effort. $45 is more than fair.

So, if anyone was considering buying this kit, it's definitely a bargain at $45. The mounting brackets, quality LED strips, plug and play wiring, etc. all add up to a great value on this mod. The LED strips are much longer than I expected as well. I'm including a pic of what comes in the kit since I didn't see one on Mezels site.

20240520_202519 (resized).jpg20240520_202519 (resized).jpg
#5728 34 days ago

Highly considering a game from the June run….i really have come to enjoy fast and furious machines. It feels like a good change of pace compared to some of my longer playing games. Any recommendations on replacing the plastic 2D figures? Had to get rid of the BS plastic figures on my other pros

#5729 33 days ago

Nice! Thanks for the link!

#5730 33 days ago

If you missed the last post of the official Stern BKSOR shooter rods, they are once again back in stock at Flip N Out. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-official-shooter-rod-accessory

#5731 33 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Had to get rid of the BS plastic figures on my other pros

This will be my first pro and I'm wondering about this too.

In the Pinside machines section, pic #3/55 has a BK on a horse with a light.

Wonder if this available somewhere?

IMG_2075 (resized).jpegIMG_2075 (resized).jpeg
#5732 33 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

If you missed the last post of the official Stern BKSOR shooter rods, they are once again back in stock at Flip N Out. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-official-shooter-rod-accessory

Nope - all gone.

Rats!!!

#5733 33 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Wonder if this available somewhere?[quoted image]

https://mezelmods.com/collections/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-mods/products/black-knight-pinball-illuminated-knight

#5734 33 days ago

I just bought the figures on line and will be making it up myself soon....Check Amazon, ebay etc.

#5735 32 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Wonder if this available somewhere?[quoted image]

That’s ours, Mezelmods is one of our resellers.

https://lermods.com/products/black-knight-sword-of-rage-illuminated-mounted-knight

#5736 31 days ago

Any reason to add Insider Connected to this game?

And is there no alternative to the IC kit other than spending $200 from PBL etc? Then I have to pay for another kit if I want it in the coin door instead of the apron right?

I have made a deal to get a Premium (very excited) and it would be nice to have IC but not sure its worth all that $$.

#5737 30 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any reason to add Insider Connected to this game?
And is there no alternative to the IC kit other than spending $200 from PBL etc? Then I have to pay for another kit if I want it in the coin door instead of the apron right?
I have made a deal to get a Premium (very excited) and it would be nice to have IC but not sure its worth all that $$.

You don't need the coin door kit unless you just want the scanner there. They offer the scanner with bolt on brackets that fit the metal Premium apron. And I just like insider on my machines. Keeping track of plays, high scores, achievements, etc. For me it's worth the money.

#5738 30 days ago

I’m visiting the Portland area and stopped by Next Level Pinball Arcade in Hillsboro. Amazing place. Played a ton of the BKSOR LE they had there today. I really like the upper playfield. Wish Stern was putting out a run of the Premium too. Watch me buy the new run Pro then Stern puts out a run of the Premium.

IMG_5246 (resized).jpegIMG_5246 (resized).jpegIMG_5247 (resized).jpegIMG_5247 (resized).jpeg
#5739 29 days ago

You don't need the coin door kit unless you just want the scanner there. They offer the scanner with bolt on brackets that fit the metal Premium apron. And I just like insider on my machines. Keeping track of plays, high scores, achievements, etc. For me it's worth the money.

I like having IC on my games but not sure it’s worth the $200. These things should really be cheaper.

1 week later
#5740 22 days ago

Today, I installed the interactive lighted treasure chest mod, 2005 Papo black knight horse figure and Stern upper playfield replacement plastic. Also figured out how to center the knight topper by setting feature adjustment #108 to -5. The topper head is perfectly centered now which makes me very happy.

I played a few games and what a difference that upper playfield plastic makes. Really opens up the upper playfield and makes the game a lot more enjoyable. This is still the most brutal game in my lineup, but it’s amazing. Going to install full Titan rubbers and Insider Connected next. Then maybe speaker lights and a sound system upgrade. The stock speakers are junk!

IMG_3138 (resized).jpegIMG_3138 (resized).jpegIMG_3139 (resized).jpegIMG_3139 (resized).jpegIMG_3140 (resized).jpegIMG_3140 (resized).jpegIMG_3141 (resized).jpegIMG_3141 (resized).jpegIMG_3143 (resized).jpegIMG_3143 (resized).jpegIMG_3145 (resized).jpegIMG_3145 (resized).jpegIMG_3146 (resized).jpegIMG_3146 (resized).jpegIMG_3148 (resized).jpegIMG_3148 (resized).jpegIMG_3149 (resized).jpegIMG_3149 (resized).jpegIMG_3150 (resized).jpegIMG_3150 (resized).jpegIMG_3151 (resized).jpegIMG_3151 (resized).jpegIMG_3157 (resized).jpegIMG_3157 (resized).jpeg
#5742 22 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Today, I installed the interactive lighted treasure chest mod, 2005 Papo black knight horse figure and Stern upper playfield replacement plastic. Also figured out how to center the knight topper by setting feature adjustment #108 to -5. The topper head is perfectly centered now which makes me very happy.
I played a few games and what a difference that upper playfield plastic makes. Really opens up the upper playfield and makes the game a lot more enjoyable. This is still the most brutal game in my lineup, but it’s amazing. Going to install full Titan rubbers and Insider Connected next. Then maybe speaker lights and a sound system upgrade. The stock speakers are junk!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like the chest mod?

#5743 22 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How do you like the chest mod?

The install was quite involved and time consuming, but I also extended and heat shrinked the wiring to situate it on the LE upper playfield. The relay also makes a clicking sound when it lights in sync with the extra ball button, but it’s not super loud. It’s a nice mod, but expect to spend a few hours installing it. You’ll also be cutting and soldering into your factory wiring if that sort of thing bothers you. I like the look of the mod.

Not sure what other mods I’ll do next. Maybe flourescent plastic protectors? Which color looks best on premium and LE? I also have those gold pile pop number caps, but not sure I’ll install them as they don’t cast any light. Speaker lights and better speakers are definitely on the list!

#5744 22 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The install was quite involved and time consuming, but I also extended and heat shrinked the wiring to situate it on the LE upper playfield. The relay also makes a clicking sound when it lights in sync with the extra ball button, but it’s not super loud. It’s a nice mod, but expect to spend a few hours installing it. You’ll also be cutting and soldering into your factory wiring if that sort of thing bothers you. I like the look of the mod.
Not sure what other mods I’ll do next. Maybe flourescent plastic protectors? Which color looks best on premium and LE? I also have those gold pile pop number caps, but not sure I’ll install them as they don’t cast any light. Speaker lights and better speakers are definitely on the list!

We’ve been offering this mod for a pretty long time, including for a few other games like potc and totan. Ours requires no soldering or cutting into factory wiring. It can be installed in just a few mins and there is no relay clicking. It can be interactive with any playfield insert and powers via alligator clips to a gi socket.

https://lermods.com/products/black-knight-pinball-illuminated-treasure-chest-mod

#5745 22 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I have the fluorescent yellow and I think it looks great.

#5746 22 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I have the fluorescent yellow and I think it looks great.

You did both upper and lower playfields? Got any pics? Yellow does sound nice

#5747 22 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

You did both upper and lower playfields? Got any pics? Yellow does sound nice

IMG_3458 (resized).jpegIMG_3458 (resized).jpegIMG_3459 (resized).jpegIMG_3459 (resized).jpegIMG_3460 (resized).jpegIMG_3460 (resized).jpegIMG_3461 (resized).jpegIMG_3461 (resized).jpegIMG_3462 (resized).jpegIMG_3462 (resized).jpegIMG_3463 (resized).jpegIMG_3463 (resized).jpegIMG_3464 (resized).jpegIMG_3464 (resized).jpegIMG_3465 (resized).jpegIMG_3465 (resized).jpegIMG_3567 (resized).jpegIMG_3567 (resized).jpegIMG_3568 (resized).jpegIMG_3568 (resized).jpegIMG_3569 (resized).jpegIMG_3569 (resized).jpeg
#5748 22 days ago

That looks outstanding, what a beauty! Are those flourescent yellow protectors from Mezel or Freddy's Pinball Paradise?

#5749 22 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks outstanding, what a beauty! Are those flourescent yellow protectors from Mezel or Freddy's Pinball Paradise?

Mezel Mods, here's the link:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball-mods/products/clip-protector-set-black-knight-pinball

#5750 21 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Would you be interested in selling?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Lighting - Interactive
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

11,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 117.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.