IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.
#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

How is the power setting in the software? I have turned mine down from factory quite a bit. Also check line power?

Bumped it up 5 or so if I recall in the middle of a full house. In line power though. Good call I need to trace those wires back I guess. Ball launch is fine. I'll trace it back though.

#5152 1 year ago

Looking for head decals for a pro especially left side or a full set of premium decals.

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Looking for head decals for a pro especially left side or a full set of premium decals.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/search?query=Black%20knight%20decal

If you can‘t find it locally…

#5155 1 year ago

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the flail?

My pro model doesn’t register when hit in the down position to open the ramp up. It looks like the flail will move back slightly but just stops and multiple hits after that does not register.

Once the game makes the flail spin it will reset in the correct position and might or might not work on the next hit

#5156 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Anyone know where I might be able to acquire replacement shield assembly parts?
Discovered a friends LE on location had broken, sheared the head off a screw in the off and done some damage before it was discovered.
Would really like to get it back up and running but both the outside bracket and the assembly as a whole seem to be unobtanium. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have used JB weld with success repairing parts like that

#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Does anyone have any experience with adjusting the flail?
My pro model doesn’t register when hit in the down position to open the ramp up. It looks like the flail will move back slightly but just stops and multiple hits after that does not register.
Once the game makes the flail spin it will reset in the correct position and might or might not work on the next hit

Have you ran a switch test?

There are 4 optos that operate the flail. 2 of them are at the ramp, where one is in front of the flail and the other is after the flail. The other 2 are on the fail motor board.

1 week later
#5158 1 year ago

If any Pro owners are thinking of doing a pf swap, I got this from Stern and sold mine before swapping.
I’ve had it Jan ‘21
Asking 600 obo
Here’s a link to more photos (plus photos of a TOTAN pf for sale too)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-s3JkHVmg9kdIgRDigbKbvjNfgye0n2O

983CBDEA-A148-4C2C-A8BD-791CAC409EBA (resized).jpeg983CBDEA-A148-4C2C-A8BD-791CAC409EBA (resized).jpeg0BF3396A-11E7-405F-B8E6-AC216DA6E854 (resized).jpeg0BF3396A-11E7-405F-B8E6-AC216DA6E854 (resized).jpeg0C3E1492-EB60-4D8A-A71F-F221EE873A90 (resized).jpeg0C3E1492-EB60-4D8A-A71F-F221EE873A90 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5159 1 year ago

New Code!

Anyone tried it out yet?

#5160 1 year ago

I sure was excited for a few seconds there....

LE v1.15 - April 18, 2023
==========================
Moved to System 3.26

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0

- Conagent 1.0.9

- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.

- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.

- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.

- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.

- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.

- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus

- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

#5161 1 year ago

I may have missed it, but how do I:

- collect letters? (I’m collecting them, but don’t know what I’m doing to get them).

- get double scoring?

- get to black night 2000?

#5162 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I may have missed it, but how do I:
- collect letters? (I’m collecting them, but don’t know what I’m doing to get them).
- get double scoring?
- get to black night 2000?

Collect letters via various modes in the game. ie, fighting monsters. There is one in mystery as well.. prob some other places.

2x scoring is achieved when fighting a monster, you need to light the sword of rage (side drops, middle switch give the most.. but it will constantly go up with other hits.) , flashes blue on center stand up.. then collect it, and the screen has a lightning effect.

There are 2 retro modes (first one is KNIGHT Multiball, and then after you spell KNIGHT again, you can collect King's Ransom Timed Multiball). You achieve these by spelling KNIGHT on the Playfield and going up the left side.

#5163 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Collect letters via various modes in the game. ie, fighting monsters. There is one in mystery as well.. prob some other places.
2x scoring is achieved when fighting a monster, you need to light the sword of rage (side drops, middle switch give the most.. but it will constantly go up with other hits.) , flashes blue on center stand up.. then collect it, and the screen has a lightning effect.
There are 2 retro modes (first one is KNIGHT Multiball, and then after you spell KNIGHT again, you can collect King's Ransom Timed Multiball). You achieve these by spelling KNIGHT on the Playfield and going up the left side.

Spelling knight a 2nd time is 2000 mode?

For playfield 2X...is there a callout or anything that lets me know I am in it?

#5164 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Spelling knight a 2nd time is 2000 mode?
For playfield 2X...is there a callout or anything that lets me know I am in it?

Yup, second time around for the King's ransom retro mode..

or you can play the challenge mode by selecting it at game start (both buttons held).

-----

2x power is pretty clear.. you need to collect the blue insert on the middle knight target.. when you have it, there is lightning around the screen borders.

Sorry just to be clear, this is not 2x PF.. this is going to basically do double damage from your shots, which also leads to higher mode scoring. It is not 2x playfield AFAIK...

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

or you can play the challenge mode by selecting it at game start (both buttons held).
-----
2x power is pretty clear.. you need to collect the blue insert on the middle knight target.. when you have it, there is lightning around the screen borders.

There is a bug to be aware of for the Lich mode tho. it does not seem to work in this mode, despite collecting it.

Also, for all battle modes, you can boost your shot values from the flail lane (prior to starting the mode). And for Prem/LE, you can make loops on the upper playfield to increase shot values during the mode (this is one of my favourite rules.. great risk/reward as it burns time, but increases shot value).

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

-----
Sorry just to be clear, this is not 2x PF.. this is going to basically do double damage from your shots, which also leads to higher mode scoring. It is not 2x playfield AFAIK...

How do I get playfield multiplier?

#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do I get playfield multiplier?

Only one I am aware of would be the first retro mode, PF multiplier is based on number of balls, so starts at 3x.

--

After that, Super features will raise specific types of PF points.

#5168 12 months ago

so pity that Tim didnt gave a last push on this game, i really want to love it, but...

#5169 12 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Completing the WAR Hurry-Up and getting the Super Jackpot in Triple Knight Challenge multiball are the other 2 ways to get Knight letters.

#5170 12 months ago

Just joined the club with a pro this weekend, super happy with this snag!

I’m missing the clear plastic diverter l above the left outlane, could someone send me a scan, tracing or measurement? Thanks in advance-

16C27CBC-27DC-421A-BC41-8B60C964A235 (resized).png16C27CBC-27DC-421A-BC41-8B60C964A235 (resized).png
1 week later
#5171 11 months ago

I finally got by my BK pro to test the flail as I mentioned I had issues with it before. It seems to test fine in test mode. Played one game and everything seemed to work and then it happened again on the second game. It’s like it moves a little and just doesn’t move at all and doesn’t do anything when it’s hit continuously in this state. It will reset eventually on next ball or when the game physically moves it by triggering things in gameplay that activates it.

Any help?

IMG_2295 (resized).jpegIMG_2295 (resized).jpegIMG_2296 (resized).jpegIMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
#5172 11 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm more intrigued by the spinal columns hanging along side the machine...more specifically, where they came from.

Those were supposed to be for the Predator Pinball machine I never received. I thought they would look cool on my BHSOR.

1 week later
#5173 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I finally got by my BK pro to test the flail as I mentioned I had issues with it before. It seems to test fine in test mode. Played one game and everything seemed to work and then it happened again on the second game. It’s like it moves a little and just doesn’t move at all and doesn’t do anything when it’s hit continuously in this state. It will reset eventually on next ball or when the game physically moves it by triggering things in gameplay that activates it.
Any help?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it getting stuck hitting the ramp? It's hard to tell on the picture.

#5174 11 months ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Those were supposed to be for the Predator Pinball machine I never received. I thought they would look cool on my BHSOR.

Ouch, sorry for your loss!

#5175 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Ouch, sorry for your loss!

I'm over it.

1 week later
#5176 11 months ago

Question for all those who still own a BK. I’m considering adding one to my 8 pin collection. What are some of the things you love about your machine? And what differentiates it from other newer sterns?

#5177 11 months ago

We have the LE, same as the premium. We like it a lot, the wife plays everyday & loves the upper playfield. If you do get one make sure you install the upper playfield plastic fix. As with most Sterns the auto plunger has issues but not bad dealing with that. J

#5178 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Question for all those who still own a BK. I’m considering adding one to my 8 pin collection. What are some of the things you love about your machine? And what differentiates it from other newer sterns?

For me it is the "personality" of the machine that really makes it shine. The shots are good but kind of bland honestly (other than the flail which is a really cool trick, and the shield blocking the scoop shot is nice and thematic). The rules are good...there could be more there, but what is there is solid. The monster modes especially are fun and each has a feel of its own. The art, audio, and video are all awesome. It's the atmosphere, personality and attitude of the machine that keeps it in my collection.

#5179 11 months ago

I believe it’s one of Sterns most underrated machines! SOR isn’t for everyone, but it’s for me! Grew up playing the original Black Knight and love the retro mode as well as the heavy soundtrack that gets the adrenaline going! I recommend a subwoofer for this game also.

#5180 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

... It's the atmosphere, personality and attitude of the machine that keeps it in my collection.

Yep - keepers for me exude a certain vibe.

BKSoR is a game that didn't interest me enough to purchase it when it originally came out, but its gameplay and visual style (i.e. vibe) caught my attention recently after running across it in a stream. I'm now reconsidering buying one as I'm still looking for a quality adrenaline inducer like my former Iron Man was.

#5181 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For me it is the "personality" of the machine that really makes it shine. The shots are good but kind of bland honestly (other than the flail which is a really cool trick, and the shield blocking the scoop shot is nice and thematic). The rules are good...there could be more there, but what is there is solid. The monster modes especially are fun and each has a feel of its own. The art, audio, and video are all awesome. It's the atmosphere, personality and attitude of the machine that keeps it in my collection.

I'd agree with this - it's actually not the most satisfying shooter, but the whole package is insanely good. The sound, music, the art, that unbelievably awesome Black Knight toy in the middle of the game, the modes are fun, the multiballs are great and sweet moses that topper is still the best thing I've ever seen. I sold my LE, but honestly I'd love to get it back one day.

#5182 11 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

We have the LE, same as the premium. We like it a lot, the wife plays everyday & loves the upper playfield. If you do get one make sure you install the upper playfield plastic fix. As with most Sterns the auto plunger has issues but not bad dealing with that. J

I can't explain it. It's one of the most difficult games in my collection but it's the one the kids always want to play. They love the taunting and the creatures. They'll talk back to the Black Knight as they're playing.

#5183 11 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I'm getting one end of June, what is the upper playfield fix?

#5184 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

Super easy to do. When you shoot the upper loop this plastic helps send it to upper flipper instead of missing it. A lot of games have it already but not from the factory. The plastic is identical but includes an extra hanging post which acts like a slight bump out. Works well. J

IMG_0767 (resized).pngIMG_0767 (resized).png
#5185 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks so much everyone for the feedback. Yea that is what I keep hearing. It has a unique style and keeps you coming back!

#5186 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Stern did not start adding a connector to the CN9 cabinet node connection until Avengers: Infinity Quest. I guess before then, it was up to folks to find or make their own connector to plug in there.
Out of curiosity, you are looking to use it for a +12vdc bill validator? I know that is what it is intended for, but as someone that has sold light kits that has used that CN9 connection for power since SPIKE 1 was released.....I have never heard of anyone needing it or anyone using a +12vdc bill acceptor for that matter. All of the ops that I have sold light kits to have used +110vac bill validators (which obviously, do not use that +12vdc CN9 connection).

Bill acceptor works fine. I’m trying to use a CC reader in conjunction with a DBA and it’s a no go.

#5187 11 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

It is a good adjustment for those who don't like to have the machine nudged hard etc.. particularly a factor with the topper!

For me, I prefer without it, as it forces the player to nudge hard to create their own bump to feed the flipper, this creates faster upper PF drainage which can be a good thing, depending on what you want as a player (This is also more akin to my memories of how BK2k plays on the upper. Good option to have, but the game is definitely a bit easier to extend MB times with this mod in place.. IMHO anyway.

#5188 11 months ago

In my second Black Knight club! Beat the Black Knight? NO WAY!
IMG_0067 (resized).jpegIMG_0067 (resized).jpeg

#5189 11 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Super easy to do. When you shoot the upper loop this plastic helps send it to upper flipper instead of missing it. A lot of games have it already but not from the factory. The plastic is identical but includes an extra hanging post which acts like a slight bump out. Works well. J
[quoted image]

Quoted from koji:

It is a good adjustment for those who don't like to have the machine nudged hard etc.. particularly a factor with the topper!
For me, I prefer without it, as it forces the player to nudge hard to create their own bump to feed the flipper, this creates faster upper PF drainage which can be a good thing, depending on what you want as a player (This is also more akin to my memories of how BK2k plays on the upper. Good option to have, but the game is definitely a bit easier to extend MB times with this mod in place.. IMHO anyway.

Gotcha, thanks!

I thought the upper playfield fix was interference to the hazing that supposedly happens. I'm not sure if that's actually true just that I've seen it referenced.

#5190 10 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

this is not a "fix"
it makes the pin way to easy to keep the ball on the upper playfield...

but i see the postive with Koji com, to than not need to nudge anymore (but hey, that's part of playing pinball !!! )

#5191 10 months ago

I discovered something that was sneaked into the last update (1.15). If you go into the Utilities and then Presets, there is now a Director's Cut option added to the list. I didn't notice any changes in my Pro Model after playing a few games. No changes to the adjustments either, so it's got to be something in the backend.

Anyone else notice any differences?

#5192 10 months ago

Looking through the thread and I see there were a couple options to light up the center ramp on the pro… anyone selling this mod or have other guidance how to make it work?

#5193 10 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looking through the thread and I see there were a couple options to light up the center ramp on the pro… anyone selling this mod or have other guidance how to make it work?

Mezel Mods sells them.

#5194 10 months ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Mezel Mods sells them.

Thanks for the lead, not seeing them on their page tho…

#5195 10 months ago

I'm selling my (official Stern) BKSOR banner.
it's in perfect condition.

PM me if interested.

$150 for the banner.
$15 bucks for shipping (shipping in the US only for this)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158143

IMG_3751 (resized).pngIMG_3751 (resized).png
#5196 10 months ago

- best topper in all of pinball.

- people who don’t know pinball, want to play it.

- music.

- shoots great and is brutal.

- has that Iron Man feel of “just 1 more game.”

- upper playfield.

#5197 10 months ago

Selling/trading my bksor pro…$6200 if anyone knows someone looking. Located near madison, wi.

#5198 10 months ago

Black Knight down haha

IMG_2629 (resized).jpegIMG_2629 (resized).jpeg
#5199 10 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Black Knight down haha
[quoted image]

Easy fix?

#5200 10 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Black Knight down haha
[quoted image]

Fix BETTER!

SR (resized).jpgSR (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/104?hl=steeltigers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.