20221201_124502 (resized).jpg
20221130_194439 (resized).jpg
20221130_194548 (resized).jpg
E415D909-9C97-4B9B-8B43-0221FD7CD72D (resized).jpeg
10D165E3-EDBC-453F-9D84-C5096254075C (resized).jpeg
58948C77-C6DB-4202-8DEB-60752EE8309D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20221122-085338_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,083 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 102.
#5051 15 days ago

Sometimes the cash out is worthwhile.. didn't even have them maxed.. somehow everything was finding the spinner and it worked out

20230123_221700 (1) (resized).jpg
#5052 14 days ago

Like what?

Quoted from newpinbin:

Tim, lets do some work today for a change! Code STILL needs a lot of fixes.

#5053 14 days ago

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

Go back a few pages and look at all the requests people have made.

Here are just some from one on the lists. Another member had even emailed Stern after the new code release with all the issues!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is uncalled for is that Tim walked away from this game without completing it. Just look at the prior posts were people have gone to great length and even emailed this man directly with a list of code issues that have yet to be resolved.

Next part is quoted from someone who had taken the time to assist TIM with his job-------------

The issue you mention of the audio stutter - I emailed this through to Stern on December 5th (along with various other bugs from 1.10 and 1.11). None of them were fixed in 1.12, which was released 11 days later on the 16th.
Considering the bugs I've been reporting over the last 12 - 18 months have been left untouched, I guess I shouldn't be surprised?

I do hope I'm wrong. I've put a lot of details in the bug report emails I've sent through and offered multiple times to provide more information, screen shots, video, or any other help. I want this game to be bug free and polished - even if it doesn't have all the features I'd love it to have. But there is only so many times I can send through bug reports and see the issues ignored before it feels pointless.
I do mate, I keep trying The last bug report I sent was on December 5th which included a list of things from the 1.11 update, along with again asking about the scoring issue in Deep Freeze. I also emailed Tim directly at Stern a few days earlier (December 1st). No reply and none of the issues addressed in 1.12.
At this point I'm left wondering if the bug reports I've emailed to the Stern bug report address get passed along to the developer. Or if the developer just ignores them.

Has Tim ever taken the time to reply to any of your bug reports??? With the amount of details I have seen you write on them it must make his job much easier. What Tim gets paid to do and what he actually does at Stern are the opposite. Not pleased with his lack of performance or dedication to his job. Unless Tim fixes this mess, I will never buy another game code by Tim after this. At this point Tim has said F$%& You to all of us!

Exactly TIM does not care at this point and has said F U to all of the BK owners!

#5054 14 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????
Go back a few pages and look at all the requests people have made.
Here are just some from one on the lists. Another member had even emailed Stern after the new code release with all the issues!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is uncalled for is that Tim walked away from this game without completing it. Just look at the prior posts were people have gone to great length and even emailed this man directly with a list of code issues that have yet to be resolved.
Next part is quoted from someone who had taken the time to assist TIM with his job-------------
The issue you mention of the audio stutter - I emailed this through to Stern on December 5th (along with various other bugs from 1.10 and 1.11). None of them were fixed in 1.12, which was released 11 days later on the 16th.
Considering the bugs I've been reporting over the last 12 - 18 months have been left untouched, I guess I shouldn't be surprised?
I do hope I'm wrong. I've put a lot of details in the bug report emails I've sent through and offered multiple times to provide more information, screen shots, video, or any other help. I want this game to be bug free and polished - even if it doesn't have all the features I'd love it to have. But there is only so many times I can send through bug reports and see the issues ignored before it feels pointless.
I do mate, I keep trying The last bug report I sent was on December 5th which included a list of things from the 1.11 update, along with again asking about the scoring issue in Deep Freeze. I also emailed Tim directly at Stern a few days earlier (December 1st). No reply and none of the issues addressed in 1.12.
At this point I'm left wondering if the bug reports I've emailed to the Stern bug report address get passed along to the developer. Or if the developer just ignores them.
Has Tim ever taken the time to reply to any of your bug reports??? With the amount of details I have seen you write on them it must make his job much easier. What Tim gets paid to do and what he actually does at Stern are the opposite. Not pleased with his lack of performance or dedication to his job. Unless Tim fixes this mess, I will never buy another game code by Tim after this. At this point Tim has said F$%& You to all of us!

I don't feel that way, so not "all of the BK owners".

Of course, I hope that the game will be revisited and agree with the full list that Jesder compiled... still in the realm of software development, these are not blocking issues.

I really feel your frustration is misdirected. If you feel someone is not doing their job, this would be something to bring up with Stern directly. There may be reasons why some employees are not allowed to release code etc.. who knows?

If you want to speak with Tim, you can find him participating in the competitive pinball events. I think it's pretty great, and this experience really shows in the rule implementations for the titles he is a part of.

#5055 14 days ago

The only thing I noticed was the deep freeze changed for the worse. Other than that?

#5056 13 days ago

Only ‚bug‘ I dislike is that you can‘t see your mode shots when RAGE is on, it should blink white&modecolor.

Plus the shaker integration is the most barebones I‘ve ever played.

Other then that it‘s mainly priority hiccups in code.

#5057 13 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Only ‚bug‘ I dislike is that you can‘t see your mode shots when RAGE is on, it should blink white&modecolor.
Plus the shaker integration is the most barebones I‘ve ever played.
Other then that it‘s mainly priority hiccups in code.

Oh yeah, I hate that

#5058 12 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Tim, lets do some work today for a change! Code STILL needs a lot of fixes.

I'm not too much of an active poster anymore on here, but what an egregious, entitled thing to say.

In your mind, what is it that you think software engineers at Stern do all day? Do you think they just sit back and collect a salary, not working? Would really like to hear your answer on this, because that's what your comment reads as.

That anyone thinks it's ok to personally harass individual employees (at any company) to do your bidding is absurd. Stern makes a product, that product is pinball machines. They decide when things are complete, not you, or me, or anyone buying their games.

#5059 12 days ago

I really don't get these creeps who think they can personally insult, whine, and berate their way into getting a code update.

That's not how it works. When people have jobs, they do what their assigned task is. They don't get to decide, "hey, I'm gonna put this stuff I'm getting paid to do aside and work on something else because some guy keeps emailing me and insulting me on a forum so I'll obey his personal whims. I mean it could get me fired but whatever, ballsack69 bought a game I worked on 5 years ago therefore he owns me!"

Come on folks; Get. A. Grip. You look petty, mean. It's not worth acting this way.

#5060 12 days ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I'm not too much of an active poster anymore on here, but what an egregious, entitled thing to say.
In your mind, what is it that you think software engineers at Stern do all day? Do you think they just sit back and collect a salary, not working? Would really like to hear your answer on this, because that's what your comment reads as.
That anyone thinks it's ok to personally harass individual employees (at any company) to do your bidding is absurd. Stern makes a product, that product is pinball machines. They decide when things are complete, not you, or me, or anyone buying their games.

Thanks for the good laugh, and I really mean it! Look at the positive, it made you a part of Pinside once again. To answer you question, yes, he has collected a salary for a title which lacks incomplete code. Numerous emails have been sent to him as well as Stern's technical support detailing a laundry list of errors and much needed updates. What has been done? Well, no one ever responded to the emails and the errors have not been fixed. To say that the customers don't decide on this is not true to an extent. Just because this machine had horrible sales, does not mean the code should be left unfixed.

#5061 12 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don't get these clowns who think they can personally insult, whine, and berate their way into getting a code update.
That's not how it works. When people have jobs, they do what their assigned task is. They don't get to decide, "hey, I'm gonna put this stuff I'm getting paid to do aside and work on something because some guy keeps emailing me and insulting me on a forum so I'll obey his personal whims. I mean it could get me fired but whatever, ballsack69 bought a game I worked on 5 years ago therefore he owns me!"
Come on folks; Get. A. Grip. You look petty, mean. It's not worth acting this way.

Copy paste us some examples.

#5062 12 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don't get these creeps who think they can personally insult, whine, and berate their way into getting a code update.
That's not how it works. When people have jobs, they do what their assigned task is. They don't get to decide, "hey, I'm gonna put this stuff I'm getting paid to do aside and work on something else because some guy keeps emailing me and insulting me on a forum so I'll obey his personal whims. I mean it could get me fired but whatever, ballsack69 bought a game I worked on 5 years ago therefore he owns me!"

of course you're right Levi
but, about Tim, as a good pinball player (you know what i mean), its hard to understand why he didnt put his hands in it to tweak more than few things
but ok not evbd is like Lyman was...

#5063 11 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lyman set a standard others are unwilling to live up to.

I do think that there is a little truth to squeaky wheels getting some oil as well. If Stern / Tom don't think anyone cares then why would they care?

#5064 11 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I do think that there is a little truth to squeaky wheels getting some oil as well. If Stern / Tom don't think anyone cares then why would they care?

Lyman did a ton of work for free, on his own time, and that was his perogative. I really wish he had taken more time for himself rather than putting so much pressure on himself to keep others happy.

Expecting others to do that is dumb. Do you work for free? Is there a forum where a bunch of people Insult you personally because you refuse to work for free and don’t take orders from a bunch of people you don’t know?

The shit I see on these last few pages is creepy and ugly. People are really better off selling their games if it’s making them behave this way.

#5065 11 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Thanks for the good laugh, and I really mean it! Look at the positive, it made you a part of Pinside once again. To answer you question, yes, he has collected a salary for a title which lacks incomplete code. Numerous emails have been sent to him as well as Stern's technical support detailing a laundry list of errors and much needed updates. What has been done? Well, no one ever responded to the emails and the errors have not been fixed. To say that the customers don't decide on this is not true to an extent. Just because this machine had horrible sales, does not mean the code should be left unfixed.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lyman did a ton of work for free, on his own time, and that was his perogative. I really wish he had taken more time for himself rather than putting so much pressure on himself to keep others happy.
Expecting others to do that is dumb. Do you work for free? Is there a forum where a bunch of people Insult you personally because you refuse to work for free and don’t take orders from a bunch of people you don’t know?
The shit I see on these last few pages is creepy and ugly. People are really better off selling their games if it’s making them behave this way.

Unfortunately the Internet allows people to express things in ways they would never dream of in-person, face to face. For all the good things we get out of it, this aspect alone is so damaging I wonder if we’d be better off without it.

#5066 11 days ago

... I would not be surprised if the code release process from Stern has become more rigid as well. The wild west days are behind us. Imagining all the support tickets they must get from people who complain about each release.. updates.. botched updates.. new issues.. blah blah blah.

#5067 10 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Plz think this to the end, then delete your account. >_<;

#5068 9 days ago

So he does not reply to emails sent to him or Stern, nor does he reply on here. I believe someone on here felt that I would not speak with him personally because I am behind a computer. So to that person, provide me with his direct phone number and I will call him. At the end of all this the code is incomplete and should be finished.

#5069 9 days ago

Yes giving a clearly insane person stern employees’ personal phone numbers is a fantastic idea. Someone should get right on that.

#5070 9 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes giving a clearly insane person stern employees’ personal phone numbers is a fantastic idea. Someone should get right on that.

More than you are doing.

#5071 9 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So he does not reply to emails sent to him or Stern, nor does he reply on here. I believe someone on here felt that I would not speak with him personally because I am behind a computer. So to that person, provide me with his direct phone number and I will call him. At the end of all this the code is incomplete and should be finished.

When Stern calls it finished it‘s finished. Don‘t call Tim, call his bosses.

#5072 8 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When Stern calls it finished it‘s finished. Don‘t call Tim, call his bosses.

Whats the direct number. Tim still needs to fix this code. Why would Tim leave a game unfinished like this?

#5073 8 days ago

How hard would it be for Tim to update this stuff? If he does not want to take phone calls or answer ANY emails then why not come on this form and explain himself. Black Knight deserves to be completed.

#5074 8 days ago

Man, you need to cool down with that.

#5075 8 days ago
Quoted from November:

Man, you need to cool down with that.

Some Mark David Chapman shit.

Stern should be looking into a restraining order.

#5076 8 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some Mark David Chapman shit.
Stern should be looking into a restraining order.

Stern doesn’t care or even fucking read these threads. Calm down

#5077 8 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How hard would it be for Tim to update this stuff? If he does not want to take phone calls or answer ANY emails then why not come on this form and explain himself. Black Knight deserves to be completed.

Maybe you could find someone who can make some hacks to the code to meet the adjustments you want.

Or maybe front an order for couple thousand units.. maybe Stern makes a vault and updates code and a topper run...

#5078 8 days ago

Things getting a little crazy here...

It's starting to sound like a guy I used to work with who ended up getting arrested for standing drunk in front of Newt Gingrich's house and yelling at the fence.

#5079 8 days ago

Yes, let's all be upset at people wanting the code fixed and completed. After all they only paid thousand of dollars for an item. And if someone keeps asking for the code to be updated we should have them thrown in jail. I know you are from NY which says a lot, but let's not develop positive feelings toward our captors.

#5080 7 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yes, let's all be upset at people wanting the code fixed and completed. After all they only paid thousand of dollars for an item. And if someone keeps asking for the code to be updated we should have them thrown in jail. I know you are from NY which says a lot, but let's not develop positive feelings toward our captors.

I bet you yell at the cashier if store prices are too high.

Just don‘t buy if you‘re not happy with the product and let them know why. They have the same hotline for ~33years, you can do this!

That said I‘d like some more updates as well, but the game is long dead for Stern. There is no work-budget assiged for it besides Insider Connected and you can‘t yell at someone to do your pleasing in his time off. Even if someone does take work home it‘s not ‚healthy‘.

Game is great like it is.
Could there be more? Sure.
Some of that relatively easy done? Sure as well. Frustrating but oh, well.

#5081 7 days ago

I still don’t understand why Stern don’t cash out on a run of new toppers. Probably the best topper they have made too!

#5082 7 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Game is great like it is.
Could there be more? Sure.
Some of that relatively easy done? Sure as well. Frustrating but oh, well.

That's my take on this as well. I'm fine with the code as it is now, but I wouldn't mind seeing more updates.

#5083 7 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I still don’t understand why Stern don’t cash out on a run of new toppers. Probably the best topper they have made too!

Hope they do.. I imagine however, that they have the data on how many they made originally.. and how many machine units were sold, and perhaps figure it is not worth it? Definitely a handful of people are vocal about wanting one.

I guess the proposition would be exactly how many, and at what price. Perhaps if a list were put together of interest that might help?

I'd be very surprised if they could do it for the original MSRP of $600.. so guessing it would be in the $1200-1500 range since the R&D etc is already complete... these are just re-runs. who knows?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 5,083 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.