IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 112.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Make sure the ramp is torqued down really well. I had to locktite the ramp entrance screws to get my ramp to stay down consistently.....it was raised just enough for the flail to touch it making a "tick tick tick" sound as it spun.

Thanks! I just had the same problem. Tightening down the 4 screws around the flail in the ramp fixed it. I'll keep the Loctite option in mind too. That ramp does get a lot of vibration from the flail mech.

#5002 1 year ago

My 3 bank drop target has stopped registering. The targets drop bit nothing scores. When in coil test it resets. All connections are in their places. How do I test the board associated with the drop targets?

#5003 1 year ago

Was able to get quite a few games on a Premium Black Knight Sword of Rage on Saturday and came to this conclusion: I slept on this title.

I now have to find one and hope to add to collection sometime in 2023. Underrated game!

#5004 1 year ago

I love mine. Black Knight multiball is really making me want an original to add next to my Premium. I have it stripped down for new rubbers and wax. I was really happy the upper playfield was easy to remove. I did find some playfield issues around some post. All the post were not tight ,and some caused some clear coat problems. So I'll cover with a washer that has neoprene attached to keep any further issues under control. I played my firts game pinball in 1982 and Black Knight was the game.

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Black Knight multiball is really making me want an original to add next to my Premium.

I briefly thought about getting a BK2K to complete the trilogy, but I can't get into that game as much as the OG and SoR. The limited pin space in my rec room is too valuable.

IMG_7378 (resized).jpgIMG_7378 (resized).jpg
#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I briefly thought about getting a BK2K to complete the trilogy, but I can't get into that game as much as the OG and SoR. The limited pin space in my rec room is too valuable. [quoted image]

Damn they do look good together. I'd be in market for one, but my wife wants me to find her a Congo.

#5007 1 year ago

Damn they do look good together. I'd be in market for one, but my wife wants me to find her a Congo.

Seriously?

Congo is fun and all, but it’s a pain in the ass to find.

I’d rather stick with a newer stern.

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Seriously?
Congo is fun and all, but it’s a pain in the ass to find.
I’d rather stick with a newer stern.

It's the one she said she wanted. I might be able talk her into something else.

#5009 1 year ago

Ok so I am trying to install insider on my Premium. I am getting, check node 4 runtime info tech alert. I check nodes and they test good. If I remove the ic reader cable from node i it goes away. Also the machine does not show that ic is hooked up. I have code 1.01 in the machine. I have tried to update to 1.4 but it has failed to load. Help please.

16716681210021126873938914069070 (resized).jpg16716681210021126873938914069070 (resized).jpg
#5010 1 year ago

Ok so I am trying to install insider on my Premium. I am getting, check node 4 runtime info tech alert. I check nodes and they test good. If I remove the ic reader cable from node i it goes away. Also the machine does not show that ic is hooked up. I have code 1.01 in the machine. I have tried to update to 1.4 but it has failed to load. Help please.
[quoted image]

Wish I could help here, I read that 1.4 has issues so I stayed with 1.01. I’m not good with node or computer stuff but I remember I downloaded my wi-fi to make the IC work. IDK, just a thought. Internet good?

#5011 1 year ago

Internet is good. I can get the update screen to come up but then it says load a thumb drive sobits not reading the code fully from the thumb drive

#5012 1 year ago

I have code 1.01 in the machine. I have tried to update to 1.4 but it has failed to load. Help please.

IC support is not in 1.01 so that's not going to work. I believe IC support started in 1.10, and the current code level is 1.14 (I'm assuming your mention of 1.4 is a typo and you meant 1.14).

What does "failed to load" mean, i.e. be more specific with the failure symptom.

#5013 1 year ago

Internet is good. I can get the update screen to come up but then it says load a thumb drive sobits not reading the code fully from the thumb drive

Is your thumb drive FAT32 formatted and is the ZIP file in the root folder of the thumb drive?

#5014 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Is your thumb drive FAT32 formatted and is the ZIP file in the root folder of the thumb drive?

I'm trying again. I thought I formatted correctly, and then I extract the files to the flash drive, but I must doing something wrong

#5015 1 year ago

Yes - you do need to extract the ZIP...sorry for the confusion in my earlier post. Extract the ZIP on your computer and it will create a folder with the same name as the ZIP. Copy that folder over to the root of the FAT32 formatted thumb drive and give it another go. Good luck!

#5016 1 year ago

Ok I'm I crazy my machines SD says LE do I need to download LE code?

#5017 1 year ago

Yes sir

#5018 1 year ago

Premium and LE is the same ZIP/FW file, only the Pro is different.

#5019 1 year ago

Fuuuck what I'm i doing wrong???

16716710073506876077692221868484 (resized).jpg16716710073506876077692221868484 (resized).jpg
#5020 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Is your coin door closed?

#5021 1 year ago

So, FN bad flash drive. I have no idea why. I have used it on 4 other machines. Found a flash drive in my wife's office. All is good and updated.

#5022 1 year ago

Having a weird issue - the ball is not fully ejecing from the trough at launch. It's getting stuck sometimes between the eject slot and the shooter lane.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Pics incoming when I catch it again. I have to shake the machine to nudge it loose which usually results in a danger.

#5023 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Buy a new USB stick.

I had an issue the other night trying to load new code and the machines just stopped reading the stick. For $12, the problem went away with the new stick.

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Having a weird issue - the ball is not fully ejecing from the trough at launch. It's getting stuck sometimes between the eject slot and the shooter lane.
Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Pics incoming when I catch it again. I have to shake the machine to nudge it loose which usually results in a danger.

I'm not sure, but i'd try making sure nothing is out of alignment. Check to see if eject power isn't too low. Balls magnetized?

#5025 1 year ago

Anyone know if you can turn up flipper power on the right side, sometimes it gets weak as game goes on, lower right only. Coil stops, & switches are clean. I think I have to figure out how to get to feature adjustments. J

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Anyone know if you can turn up flipper power on the right side, sometimes it gets weak as game goes on, lower right only. Coil stops, & switches are clean. I think I have to figure out how to get to feature adjustments. J

You can turn up the flipper power in the service menu, assuming they already aren't already at max. But if you're playing for a long time, your flippers just might be getting too hot.

#5027 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

You can turn up the flipper power in the service menu, assuming they already aren't already at max. But if you're playing for a long time, your flippers just might be getting too hot.

I’ll have to see if they are getting hot, what is the remedy if that’s the case.

#5028 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I’ll have to see if they are getting hot, what is the remedy if that’s the case.

nothing other than taking a break, or buying the flipper fans mod

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

nothing other than taking a break, or buying the flipper fans mod

Thank you.

#5030 1 year ago

I got it all updated. I found a USB in the house and it worked. IC is all hooked up and running.

#5031 1 year ago

All the new post. I thought Tim was actually doing his job and updating the code

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

All the new post. I thought Tim was actually doing his job and updating the code

I hope it gets revisited, or someone finds a way to make some changes to address some issues... but in the scheme of pinball code, I think it's pretty solid and functional. Tim did a great job IMO, so this seems a bit uncalled for.

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

I hope it gets revisited, or someone finds a way to make some changes to address some issues... but in the scheme of pinball code, I think it's pretty solid and functional. Tim did a great job IMO, so this seems a bit uncalled for.

What is uncalled for is that Tim walked away from this game without completing it. Just look at the prior posts were people have gone to great length and even emailed this man directly with a list of code issues that have yet to be resolved.

#5034 1 year ago

Quoted from Jesder:
I believe Insider Connected will continue to evolve over the coming 12 - 24 months (and probably beyond). So I'm sure we'll see future code updates to BK (along with all the other Spike 2 games) as the IC feature set grows and our games need to support them.
However after the last few updates, I now have little faith in Tim delivering anything of value those future updates. Especially the state 1.10 was served up in.
The issue you mention of the audio stutter - I emailed this through to Stern on December 5th (along with various other bugs from 1.10 and 1.11). None of them were fixed in 1.12, which was released 11 days later on the 16th.
Considering the bugs I've been reporting over the last 12 - 18 months have been left untouched, I guess I shouldn't be surprised?
I do hope I'm wrong. I've put a lot of details in the bug report emails I've sent through and offered multiple times to provide more information, screen shots, video, or any other help. I want this game to be bug free and polished - even if it doesn't have all the features I'd love it to have. But there is only so many times I can send through bug reports and see the issues ignored before it feels pointless.
I do mate, I keep trying The last bug report I sent was on December 5th which included a list of things from the 1.11 update, along with again asking about the scoring issue in Deep Freeze. I also emailed Tim directly at Stern a few days earlier (December 1st). No reply and none of the issues addressed in 1.12.
At this point I'm left wondering if the bug reports I've emailed to the Stern bug report address get passed along to the developer. Or if the developer just ignores them.
Has Tim ever taken the time to reply to any of your bug reports??? With the amount of details I have seen you write on them it must make his job much easier. What Tim gets paid to do and what he actually does at Stern are the opposite. Not pleased with his lack of performance or dedication to his job. Unless Tim fixes this mess, I will never buy another game code by Tim after this. At this point Tim has said F$%& You to all of us!

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I briefly thought about getting a BK2K to complete the trilogy, but I can't get into that game as much as the OG and SoR. The limited pin space in my rec room is too valuable. [quoted image]

Agreed, I have the same two machines. The music and sounds are amazing on BK2K but it's a tough game and I never liked that you couldn't see the ball half the time underneath the upper Playfield.

#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

... BK2K but it's a tough game ...

heu...

play the upper PF (mainly the WAR hurry up), ball came down, right flipper control, shoot the left ramp to the upper PF
repeat again & again, and you'll get easy big points

but i understand, if you want to play the pin and shoot/make all is available around, than yes its hard

#5037 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

heu...
play the upper PF (mainly the WAR hurry up), ball came down, right flipper control, shoot the left ramp to the upper PF
repeat again & again, and you'll get easy big points
but i understand, if you want to play the pin and shoot/make all is available around, than yes its hard

You don't play this game the right way

#5038 1 year ago

Beat the Knight and got to Rage Multiball for only the second time. Man I love this game. Yes, I wish there was one more early game thing to do on the pro (Tim...I'm still hoping for catapult multiball someday...lots of good ways to handle it and it would be relatively easy to do!). With the tweaks made in the last update, Black Castle is much more manageable at least (but still a major challenge). It is such an underrated gem. Every game is an adrenaline rush and feels like a battle. I love it.

#5039 1 year ago

I installed a Pinwoofer setup in my Rush LE and transferred those speakers to my BKSOR but it just doesn't sound good. Any suggestions on sound settings for the bigger speakers?

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

You don't play this game the right way

that's "my" problem, being a tournament player...
but yes, i know it of course

#5041 1 year ago

I am having an issue with the spinning balls hitting the ramp below. This is causing the the spinner to get stuck during game play. Any idea what might be broken or need adjusted? Appreciate the help

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from Lovetoplaypinbal:

I am having an issue with the spinning balls hitting the ramp below. This is causing the the spinner to get stuck during game play. Any idea what might be broken or need adjusted? Appreciate the help

It's happened to a lot of us. See this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/38#post-5375647

2 weeks later
#5043 1 year ago

So after 1 1/2 years I finally threw out Black Knight Pro...

...to get a Black Knight Premium.

bksor-proprem (resized).jpgbksor-proprem (resized).jpg
#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So after 1 1/2 years I finally threw out Black Knight Pro...
...to get a Black Knight Premium.
[quoted image]

It’s SO MUCH BETTER!! Enjoy! Can’t imagine this game without the upper playfield. Love it!

#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

It’s SO MUCH BETTER!! Enjoy! Can’t imagine this game without the upper playfield. Love it!

not evbd will think the same...
even if the BK franchise means "with upper PF", i still think the PRO plays much better/faster

#5046 1 year ago

I'll have definate answer to that, once I have another 1 1/2 years with this one...

For now it's still honeymoon all over again.

Game hat one little hickup tough: I maxed the ball save time for multiball, wich are more here so that you basically can play trough multiball all day and doing so was so hard on the coils that th flippers stopped making the center ramp. XD
So, yeah... dialed that back again, but the flail lane shot is definately "harder".

#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not evbd will think the same...
even if the BK franchise means "with upper PF", i still think the PRO plays much better/faster

Agreed! Pro > Premium for me on this one. But I can appreciate people wanting the upper pf too

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Agreed! Pro > Premium for me on this one. But I can appreciate people wanting the upper pf too

So now that I switched from Pro to Premium, while the upper Playfields addition value is surely debateable, I like some kinda minor things.

I really missed that the Pro had no flashers. The RGB Light on the Premium/ LE upper playfield can act as Flashers AND suddenly the Apron light strobes as well -in last chance Mode- wich is a really cool effect. When the Playfield tries to illuminate itself in a color with it's RGB inserts, the upper Playfield lights add to the effect. - There is one catch tough: When the GI changes to RED, there is one white GI lamp still on, wich I think is a programming bug. -_-; (IÄll check some gameplay videos but I think about rewiring that bulb, it just kills me! XD)

The Flail Lane Shot is a 180° Ramp; so the ball has to be fast enough to spin around upwards, wich kinda feels more rewarding.

Edit:
My daughter hates the Premiun (she actually cried) and wants the Pro back. I'm not quite sure why, but my guess is, she's too small (6 years, on a stool) to see the upper playfield properly. XD

#5049 1 year ago

Tim, lets do some work today for a change! Code STILL needs a lot of fixes.

#5050 1 year ago

I won’t more toppers. Arguably Sterns best and meanest topper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/101?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.