419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 111.
#4951 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Sadly, after 3 years of ownership, I'm out of the club. I traded away my one owner HUO 450-play BKSoR Premium this weekend for a one owner HUO 400-play Mandalorian Premium with add-ons (animated Grogu, Mando side armor and shooter knob, quiet fan, and upgraded speakers).
I loved my BKSoR and it looked great next to my restored original 1980 Black Knight. The brutal-ness of BKSoR made me a better player. But the family has spoken. My wife, who normally just rolls her eyes at my pinball hobby (obsession), said she'd play Mandalorian (it's one of her favorite shows). And she wasn't wrong...she played Mandalorian for 2 hours straight after I set it up on Saturday night. That's more pinball than she's played total in 3 years of BKSoR ownership. Getting my family playing my pins was worth the trade alone.
I may get BKSoR again in the future, finances and space permitting. For now, au revoir![quoted image]

I trace my Bksor pro with topper for a Mando Pro Nib last year....still regret it

#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Just installed the Flamin Speaker Lights on my BK. What an awesome mod!
[quoted image]

Where did you get a hold of them ?

#4953 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have a pro and the drop targets on the right for the sword power up, some times fail to reset and will stay down for the remainder of the game. has anyone encountered this issue before? some times it works fine, and others it will try to shoot them back up but fail about 10 times then give up. ive tried looking for videos on this part but could find any. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

#4954 1 year ago
Quoted from Killerinstinct47:

Hey everyone, I have a pro and the drop targets on the right for the sword power up, some times fail to reset and will stay down for the remainder of the game. has anyone encountered this issue before? some times it works fine, and others it will try to shoot them back up but fail about 10 times then give up. ive tried looking for videos on this part but could find any. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

First place to start would be to clean up the mech and replace the coil sleeve.

#4955 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I have a pro and the drop targets on the right for the sword power up, some times

check is plastic piece.

Screenshot_20210809-212103_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210809-212103_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221122-085338_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221122-085338_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

check is plastic piece.

i haven't opened it up yet to take a look, but i don't think its that as the coil test in the diagnostic menu was failing to pop them up at times. i'm thinking its the coil sleeve like DudeRegular suggested. but I will get a chance to open it up later this week and check that as well thank you!

#4957 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Where did you get a hold of them ?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

Don't expect them right away. It literally took 3 months for them to get delivered and every time I enquired about a delivery date, Doug said he didn't have one and if I didn't wait to wait he would send me a refund. Definitely an interesting way to do business but well worth the wait for sure. I highly recommend his products.

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com
Don't expect them right away. It literally took 3 months for them to get delivered and every time I enquired about a delivery date, Doug said he didn't have one and if I didn't wait to wait he would send me a refund. Definitely an interesting way to do business but well worth the wait for sure. I highly recommend his products.

He did the same to me, but I gave up after about 3 months..

#4959 1 year ago

i haven't opened it up yet to take a look, but i don't think its that as the coil test in the diagnostic menu was failing to pop them up at times.

9 times out of 10 it is that plastic plate. It is a well known problem with modern Stern machines with drop down targets. From your description, it sounds like the plastic piece is cracking. That piece holds the target up and prevents the springs from pulling them down. Once it breaks entirely, the drop targets won't reset at all.

#4960 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Why would anyone know who "Bill" is or where to find his site?

Sorry for being vague, I did not want to post an ad in the thread. Was not sure if it was against the rules. I think only a few are making custom pinball shooter rods. But I guess it ok as someone put up the link. Bill does excellent work I have bought a few of his products for my pins.

https://superskillshot.com/products/black-knight-pin-a-go-go-coin-shooter?_pos=3&_sid=dc4a57674&_ss=r

#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

He did the same to me, but I gave up after about 3 months..

I agree. One email with him asking about a product helped me decide that no matter how cool it was, I can do without.

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I agree. One email with him asking about a product helped me decide that no matter how cool it was, I can do without.

Jeeze, just read the website and damn, talk about a crazy way to do business! If you ask about your order too many times he refunds your money (minus PayPal fees) and cancels your order. Don’t ask…even if it takes a quarter of a year to receive the items. That’s nuts! Haha

#4963 1 year ago

It's really not hard to build them yourself though. Get his regular deluxe kit (which won't take 3 months to ship) and replace the controller with an arduino nano.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

#4964 1 year ago
Quoted from Fubar:

It's really not hard to build them yourself though. Get his regular deluxe kit (which won't take 3 months to ship) and replace the controller with an arduino nano.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

Yep, all of my other 13 light kit types are being shipping in the normal 0 - 3 days of their orders being placed.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4965 1 year ago

Anybody have a minty bksor pro (+ cash) that wants to trade up for a premium?

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Anybody have a minty bksor pro (+ cash) that wants to trade up for a premium?

Going from a perm to a pro? I have a pro and don't miss the upper playfield on the prem. To me it takes a lot away from the flow of the game.

#4967 1 year ago

what a difference this fix makes in improving gameplay.

10D165E3-EDBC-453F-9D84-C5096254075C (resized).jpeg10D165E3-EDBC-453F-9D84-C5096254075C (resized).jpeg58948C77-C6DB-4202-8DEB-60752EE8309D (resized).jpeg58948C77-C6DB-4202-8DEB-60752EE8309D (resized).jpegE415D909-9C97-4B9B-8B43-0221FD7CD72D (resized).jpegE415D909-9C97-4B9B-8B43-0221FD7CD72D (resized).jpeg
#4968 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

what a difference this fix makes in improving gameplay.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

it pushes the rubber out slightly. This causes the ball to much more frequently bounce off and go to that upper right flipper.

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

it pushes the rubber out slightly. This causes the ball to much more frequently bounce off and go to that upper right flipper.

yes that's a good description of the stern fix that many people aren't aware exists.

#4970 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

yes that's a good description of the stern fix that many people aren't aware exists.

I installed that a couple of years ago - Stern distributors were sending them out to BKSoR owners for free. Don't know if they're still doing that.

If you can't get it free from your distributor and don't mind spending $5 plus shipping, looks like PBL still stocks it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43

Install PDF: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Black-Knight-Upper-Playfield-Kit-Instructions.pdf

#4971 1 year ago

this, as the STERN fix, is making the upper PF way to easy (to keep the ball there)...
but OK, evbd do as he wants

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

this, as the STERN fix, is making the upper PF way to easy (to keep the ball there)...
but OK, evbd do as he wants

100%. The point is to be like bk2k, you need to nudge up to serve the flipper.. I think this does help the machine get nudged less tho, so that is a point for the other side

This really impacts multiball, as it is much easier to keep balls on the upper with the bump. I guess it depends how you want it to play..

#4973 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Going from a perm to a pro? I have a pro and don't miss the upper playfield on the prem. To me it takes a lot away from the flow of the game.

Yeah. SR created a flow masterpiece working around the removal of the upper feature.. I feel like he carried the amazing nature of it forward to led zeppelin.

I consider the prem to be a mode value and jackpot game... Where as the pro is more about flow and mode progression. Really love the extra spinner on the pro.

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I installed that a couple of years ago - Stern distributors were sending them out to BKSoR owners for free. Don't know if they're still doing that.
If you can't get it free from your distributor and don't mind spending $5 plus shipping, looks like PBL still stocks it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43
Install PDF: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Black-Knight-Upper-Playfield-Kit-Instructions.pdf

I think my game was already done. I do have the kit from pinball life, so I guess the new plastic has a fifth hole for the new provided black post that in turn creates the bump out on the existing 2-1/2” rubber? I need to take a closer look at mine.

#4975 1 year ago

The Stern official fix was a response to obvious complaints that the upper playfield was almost a complete waste of material. Poor design. The catapult ball mech was way to hard. The fix saved me from selling
My LE. Made the game much more
Balanced in my opinion. It is a must if you have not installed

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from endodoc:

The Stern official fix was a response to obvious complaints that the upper playfield was almost a complete waste of material. Poor design. The catapult ball mech was way to hard. The fix saved me from selling

Agree the fix was needed. I put clear silicone rubbers on the upper for extra bounce. I feel it makes it much more enjoyable as well.

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from endodoc:

Curious what pf pitch you are using?

Upper shots have always felt good to me. My complaint would be the lack of shots ( lock, catapult, loop). As I type I wonder if I am thinking about it incorrectly tho. If i have 2 locks I usually like to save the 3rd lock to stack with a mode or triple knights.. So it feels like there is nothing to do but let the ball drain.. Unless there is some particular reason to really try for upper loops when not in a mode?

Compared to the original black knight where you really have enough to (do) on the upper that you don't want to let the ball go ever. Ie if you have lock lit, trying to lock, or just trying to complete the top drop banks etc.

#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

it has an alternate sound track in the settings.

I really like the alternate soundtrack.

I wish there was a way to let the player select the soundtrack at start of game (like Frankenstein).

Also, it would be fun if the game would toggle the soundtrack choice when it basically starts over after you beat the Black Knight.

There's a few other quality-of-life issues I'd like to see as well, but it's unlikely Stern will put out any new code updates for this game, unfortunately.

#4979 1 year ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

So................I have a topper. Got it early on for the MSRP BNIB. Had to send it back to Stern not long after that because it smoked. Got it back a couple of months later all good. They even threw in a few swag items. This was all back in 2020. Thank you Stern.
Anyway, recently I lost the side to side and rolling animations. Black Knight still rocks it up and down just no side to side and rolling. Finally got the time to take it down today and dust and clean the topper. Didn't go bugging around on the thing to see what may be wrong but I did a fairly decent cleaning and reinstalled. No change to the problem after cleaning but damn it looks nice. Would like to get it rolling again though.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you find or do to fix it?

Yes, I had that happen. Took the topper into Pinball Pirate (Benicia, CA) to fix it. He's a pro, and after about 1 hour of labor, was able to fix it.

The left-right movement had failed. No grinding or humming sound at all, just nothing happened. I was hoping it was something simple like a broken wire to the motor, but the wires were good. The motor had just randomly and silently failed. After replacing the motor, it worked again. The good news is that the motor is a standard component that's evidently used in other Stern games as well, so it's a fairly common part for pinball shops to have.

What's "rolling"? AFAIK, the head can only move in two dimensions: up-down movement, and left-right movement. It doesn't roll.

It is really tricky to disassemble. I wouldn't want to do it myself. To get at the left-right motor, you have to first remove the up-down motor. The head is moved by the up-down motor, and then, that whole assembly is moved by the left-right motor. So, the left-right motor has to move more weight, which is unfortunate, because it looks to be the same size of motor that's used for the up-down motor.

It's also really hard to align back up, after reassembly. Even the pro couldn't get it aligned perfectly. The head doesn't stare directly at the player anymore, it's a little too far to the left. I tried to compensate for this in the game settings, but it looks like they don't have much of an effect.

I wish the Stern software let me test the mechanism by letting me move the X and Y positions independently, like the Johnny Mnemonic glove test, but unfortunately, the software isn't that good. There's only 9 positions you can move the head to, in a 3x3 grid, when testing. I wish I had the ability to calibrate the values the game uses, for each of these 3 positions, on both the X and the Y axis. If I could do that, I could trim it nicely so that the head would always be centered, and also, avoid the chin scraping the bottom of the tray (which happens sometimes, as the up-down movement goes too far down).

There's a big wish list already for BKSOR software improvements, and this is pretty far down on the list, unfortunately.

#4980 1 year ago

I designed a new topper for Black Knight. A cool alternative from the Stern topper that is no longer available. Full description on my website. I hope you guys like it. www.modfatherpinball.com ....Chuck....

20221130_194439 (resized).jpg20221130_194439 (resized).jpg20221130_194548 (resized).jpg20221130_194548 (resized).jpg20221201_124502 (resized).jpg20221201_124502 (resized).jpg
#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from modfather:

I designed a new topper for Black Knight. A cool alternative from the Stern topper that is no longer available. Full description on my website. I hope you guys like it. www.modfatherpinball.com ....Chuck....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. Nice work!

#4982 1 year ago

Hello, Does anyone else have a left spinner problem on a Premium or LE with the spinner laying flat? The ball just goes under it & doesn’t score flamethrower. Sometimes it will rotate from vibration & then you can spin it properly with a ball. To me it looks like the arm that holds it is higher on the right side, almost like it’s bent the wrong way. I was going to try to bend the arm down to the right but didn’t want to snap it though it looks pretty stout. I have a couple pics to show how it is laying right now. Any advice to correct this would be great. Maybe it’s the way it was designed or maybe a new bracket? Thanks, John

60FCE927-E819-41A7-8BE9-9DE4A249FEDF (resized).jpeg60FCE927-E819-41A7-8BE9-9DE4A249FEDF (resized).jpegBFA87380-333F-4580-B97A-2A6B0B3A49A7 (resized).jpegBFA87380-333F-4580-B97A-2A6B0B3A49A7 (resized).jpeg
#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Hello, Does anyone else have a left spinner problem on a Premium or LE with the spinner laying flat? The ball just goes under it & doesn’t score flamethrower. Sometimes it will rotate from vibration & then you can spin it properly with a ball. To me it looks like the arm that holds it is higher on the right side, almost like it’s bent the wrong way. I was going to try to bend the arm down to the right but didn’t want to snap it though it looks pretty stout. I have a couple pics to show how it is laying right now. Any advice to correct this would be great. Maybe it’s the way it was designed or maybe a new bracket? Thanks, John
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's odd.. looks like ti might be jammed on the left side? maybe add a drop of super lube.

The bracket can be bent slightly, since it is floating on the right side anyway... I would NOT try to bend the wires from the spinner tho.. those break for sure.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

That's odd.. looks like ti might be jammed on the left side? maybe add a drop of super lube.
The bracket can be bent slightly, since it is floating on the right side anyway... I would NOT try to bend the wires from the spinner tho.. those break for sure.

It spins fine manually. I wouldn’t bend wire form, just the bracket but don’t know if that will resolve the issue.

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

It spins fine manually. I wouldn’t bend wire form, just the bracket but don’t know if that will resolve the issue.

Must be catching on something.. the weight of the spinner and the pressure from the switch pushing up, should both work to set the spinner in the correct position.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Must be catching on something.. the weight of the spinner and the pressure from the switch pushing up, should both work to set the spinner in the correct position.

Yea, something gotta be off, switch & spinner seem fine so I’m gonna investigate it further. Something stupid I’m sure.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Yea, something gotta be off, switch & spinner seem fine so I’m gonna investigate it further. Something stupid I’m sure.

Try tightening down the plastics. I see the spinner is a little lopsided on the rights side. It looks like the wire is rubbing on the plastic.

#4988 1 year ago

Just lube it

#4989 1 year ago

Hey, does any one have the callouts in mp3 or other audio format? I'm trying to build a sound board with some of the black knight insults and can't find the audio with good quality. Also world take any advice on how to get them off the game directly. (other then just recording with a phone during game play) thank you!

#4990 1 year ago

Also world take any advice on how to get them off the game directly. (other then just recording with a phone during game play) thank you!

You should be able to extract them using pinball browser.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#4991 1 year ago

I've tried looking into that but it only works with the black knight 1.12 code and I can only get 1.14

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I’m getting ready to replace the center target on my pro because it stopped working. It has a block of foam behind it. Is that factory or did previous owner add that?

That foam is factory. By the way, my center target did the same thing too. It takes a beating. All I had to do was adjust the switch (leaves) a little.

#4993 1 year ago

If all goes as planned I will be adding a Premium to my line up this weekend. Does anyone know if there is anyone who has Stern side Armor, and Stern shooter rods in stock any where in the states?

#4994 1 year ago

I've made it to Black Castle about a dozen times, but I almost beat it for the first time the other night. I think I was down to one shot, hit the shield and the ball flew back over the flippers directly into the out hole. Talk about frustration.

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

If all goes as planned I will be adding a Premium to my line up this weekend. Does anyone know if there is anyone who has Stern side Armor, and Stern shooter rods in stock any where in the states?

I have a bk shooter rod. I bought it when I bought my pin, but I never installed it. I would need to find it. I am pretty sure its in a box with some other custom shooter rods I ordered.

If you cant find one, let me know and I will dig it out.

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I have a bk shooter rod. I bought it when I bought my pin, but I never installed it. I would need to find it. I am pretty sure its in a box with some other custom shooter rods I ordered.
If you cant find one, let me know and I will dig it out.

Sounds I'll let you know thank you

#4997 1 year ago

This will be my first pick up using our 2010 Ford Edge, hopefully it goes well loading it.

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Last one I've found. GOOD LUCK! (Hope you wake up early.)

https://gameroomgoodies.com/products/black-knight-sword-of-rage-sor-shooter-rod-stern-pinball

#4999 1 year ago

I figured I would post this here I case anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148177

Thank you!
20221212_095519.jpg20221212_095519.jpg

20221212_220035.jpg20221212_220035.jpg
#5000 1 year ago

Added a premium to the line up yesterday. I tried to update the code as it has 1.01 code, but I must have been doing something wrong. I couldn't get it to pull from the flash drive when I plugged it in. It would go to the update screen, but then say plug in thumb drive. I ordered IC for it so I'll just wait till then I guess. Now I need to start a teardown for new rubbers, and a good wax. I think I might order a new upper playfield. The one in it is in good shape, but I might change it anyway. I had a rookie mistake and left the damn coinbox, power cord, leg bolts, and owners manual at the guys house. Luckily I had a power cord, but I had to go to lowes for bolts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
11,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.