0618172139 (resized).jpg
106B9EE6-29D0-45E4-AC4D-B9B1DB58ACEC (resized).jpeg
2y6jho (resized).jpg
BC11C9BC-3E57-4965-ADDE-BD9560F869BE (resized).jpeg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
2B08628F-FE77-405D-BDCF-8B0B2114A05A (resized).jpeg
9FBD316C-1F06-4EBB-8A22-B1339B1CF6B5 (resized).jpeg
Battle (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

If you're forcing me to, okay you broke my arm, Black Knight in 6 months will be worth about these prices: Pro $4500 Premium $5700 LE $6300
Willy Wonka will sell just like Dialed In or WOZ it will lose maybe $500 to $800 bucks. If we're talking money Willy Wonka is going to pummel the Knight.
If we're talking about tournament game anything Stern is going to pummel JJP.
Now that is a fair statement.

Well, here we are 6 months later and Black Knight is doing much better than you forecast. Pros are more like $5000, rather than $4500, so that's close, but a pretty typical drop for a used Stern pro. The Premiums are all still over $7000 asking though. I think that's probably because, the Premium has a little more going on with the catapult ball-lock and upper playfield; whereas the Pro is a little too barebones.

As far as the OP's question goes: for me, I love the style of the BK. As others have said, its you versus the machine, and its fast, and its brutal in a good way. I'm a mediocre player, so I know for me it will be a long time before I battle and defeat the Black Knight, as well as unlock the newly added retro Black Knight 2000 mode. I love the Thrash Metal music, the bad@ss medieval fantasy imagery, and the overall style of this pin. IMO BKSWOR is honestly the most "metal" pinball of all time, I even think it beats Iron Maiden and Metallica for that honor. And the LCD-display animations are among the best I've seen in a pinball to date. I love the callouts, and the music too. I could listen to them a lot longer than that "golden ticket" tune from Wonka. Plus, BK has the classic and cheesy "Black Knight 2000" theme song which I love in a Queen Flash-Gordon kinda way.

Wonka also looks nice, and would be much better for my family, but I don't actually think it has any more depth than BK. Its not a fan layout, so that's good, but I don't think it really has that much going on, especially when compared to JJPs other pins. I think hitting that Gobstopper over and over to get multiball will get old pretty quick. Soundwise, while I like it, I do find the Wonka music far more repetitive than BK's. Both pins' music pulls you in, but BK's just gets me going more.

I think the dream would be to have both, but my vote would be for the BK Premium. In the end, its just my kinda pin.

EDIT: I forgot to add; I fully expect the BK Prem and Wonka SE to settle down to about the same price on the secondary market. At least they will if current trends continue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 91.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-fury-or-willy-wonka?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.