0618172139 (resized).jpg
106B9EE6-29D0-45E4-AC4D-B9B1DB58ACEC (resized).jpeg
2y6jho (resized).jpg
BC11C9BC-3E57-4965-ADDE-BD9560F869BE (resized).jpeg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
2B08628F-FE77-405D-BDCF-8B0B2114A05A (resized).jpeg
9FBD316C-1F06-4EBB-8A22-B1339B1CF6B5 (resized).jpeg
Battle (resized).jpg
There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Friday night - Buffalo Pinball will be streaming.

Thanks, that will be Saturday morning here. Looking forward to seeing this one. Hopefully Pat pulls one out of the bag this time.

#152 5 years ago

I will play them both on location and save $20,000.

Wonka is a home run theme - world famous, loved by all ages and both sexes, more popular than Wizard of Oz I'd say.

What other home run themes haven't been made yet?

#153 5 years ago

Disappointed in the game but relieved that I don’t need to buy.

#154 5 years ago

I think it looks bad ass.

It’s creative and not based on lame band or movie.

Love the center leds linked to the spinner spinning.

Can’t wait to play.

#155 5 years ago

I do not know why you would limit yourself to the two most recent games. Automated services have 15 Stern games in stock 4 JJP games and 3 CGC games. There is no reason to limit yourself to the latest game. http://pinballs.com

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think we can all agree on one thing. Hyping your game up by involving people that are fans of pinball and active in the pinball community is a much better marketing strategy then announcing a game on IGN! Know your audience.

Lol you think Kaneda's the best marketing strategy

#157 5 years ago

I was solidly in the Black Knight category, but have switched my vote over to Willy Wonka after last nights stream. Black Knight looks brutally difficult, and has a more adult theme than I would have liked. 97% of the pinball population doesn't care, but the animations are/would be to scary for my young kids. Despite portraying the gruesome murder of 4 innocent children, Willy Wonka is a happy children's theme. I seriously doubt there will be anything remotely objectionable on that machine.

I know we have not seen Willy Wonka yet, but it was spoken of very highly on the Special When Lit Pinball podcast and they have me stoked to actually see it.

I believe there is no right or wrong answer to this question, and it all boils down to whether you want a Ferrari or a Cadillac. Some people like fast and brutal gameplay in a flashy package (Ferarri). Some people want a fully featured game with all the bells and whistles that plays buttery smooth (Cadillac). Only time will tell.

With all that said, I'm not in the market for a NIB pin but will be trolling the marketplace when you guys get tired of these.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Despite portraying the gruesome murder of 4 innocent children, Willy Wonka is a happy children's theme.

This sentence should definitely display somewhere during Wonka's attract mode.

#159 5 years ago

Shouldn't be too difficult for Wonka to surpass BK after watching the stream.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Despite portraying the gruesome murder of 4 innocent children

None of those children died (in the Gene Wilder movie; not sure about the book).

#161 5 years ago

I've never played the previous Black Knights, so fortunately, I didn't have any expectations from Black Knight canon. Watching the Deadflip video it looked to me like the graphics and theme of this new game are more of a Lord of the Rings type of mythology than a King Arthur flavor. The brutal game play, quick ball times and only 5 modes remind me a lot of Iron Man. Iron Man has six basic modes and one is a lame lit switch count, but when playing I keep hitting the start button, unlike my longer ball games.

I think the new Black Knight game would have its place in a collection mixed with both long and short ball time games. That said, I think it would seriously disappoint people who only like extremely long ball games or prefer games like TWD or BM66 in terms of multiple strategies. I didn't care for the upper playfield and agree that the music seems repetitive. But what do I know about music repetitiveness, I love my Sopranos game. Sure, Willy Wonka will have a loaded playfield, ultra deep code, and will probably be a great game, but for not much more than half the price of a JJP LE, about $5,600-$5,700 delivered price, Black Knight has its niche for those who want fast and brutal games.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I will play them both on location and save $20,000.
Wonka is a home run theme - world famous, loved by all ages and both sexes, more popular than Wizard of Oz I'd say.
What other home run themes haven't been made yet?

Cleveland Indians?

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Disappointed in the game but relieved that I don’t need to buy.

Nobody *needs* to buy anything.

Once you figure out that nobody is impressed (or gives a shit) about your expensive new pinball/watch/car/house, life becomes a lot better.

rd

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Once you figure out that nobody is impressed (or gives a shit) about your expensive new pinball/watch/car/house, life becomes a lot better.
rd

Says the guy with 128 pins.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Says the guy with 128 pins.

It’s my hobby. I do it because I hold huge pinball events at my place every few months, and it’s the defacto HQ for competitive pinball in NZ.

I don’t do it to impress anyone. The neighbours don’t give a shit ... my mates don’t give a shit ... if it comes up in conversation, nobody is impressed, I think they’re more concerned for my mental wellbeing. Lol

I’ll give you a couple of examples of “nobody gives a shit” ...

1/ when I hit 30, I decided I needed to treat myself to a flash watch. I’d worked crazy hard, and I deserved a nice watch! I always liked TAG watches, so I hunted around for months to get a good deal on a top of the range Kirium. Got one in Australia for $3000 - a good deal. I’m proudly wearing my watch, and I show it to my RX7 buddy. “Hey, check out my new watch!” He pulls out his cellphone and says “does it keep as good time as this?” My $3000 watch now languishes in my drawer, as a reminder that “nobody gives a shit”

2/ I just restored my Scared Stiff. It’s been sitting folded up since 2010. It’s the last pin I started work on in 2010 before I learnt “don’t start another one before you finish the current one”. So I finally got around to finishing it a few months ago. It’s beautiful. New decals flawlessly installed, black metalwork, new ramps, glossy playfield - it’s the best restore I’ve ever done.

I moved it to the prime position in my games room, right by the door. The next day, 120 people came to my house for Pincade, and walked past my amazing restore. Do you know how many people said “shit that looks amazing!” Nobody. Not one person. Because nobody gives a shit.

rd
106B9EE6-29D0-45E4-AC4D-B9B1DB58ACEC (resized).jpeg106B9EE6-29D0-45E4-AC4D-B9B1DB58ACEC (resized).jpeg

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

You nailed it rotordave .

100%

#167 5 years ago

I want a Black Knight. I can't afford both, and Black Knight has that arcade nostalgia for me. I had Dialed In and sure it was a nice game, but that's what I sold to get my Iron Maiden which I sold in turn to fund my Black Knight when it comes out. I haven't been this excited for a pin in I don't know how long! I can't wait for this one! Some people say that JJP has the greatest build quality but theme and fun are way more important to me.

#168 5 years ago

Well I haven't seen Willy Wonka yet but if it's as good as Kaneda pimps it out to be....it's a landslide for Willy Wonka. The new Black Knight is cool looking but it's not much different than the first two in terms of layout. Just another cookie cutter Stern IMO.

#169 5 years ago

Interesting when threads like this come up - I don't usually join in, but...

When Wonka is announced how long until it comes off the line into homes? Based on past JJP games, why don't you just buy a BK and enjoy it for a year and sell it when wonka starts shipping. That way you get to enjoy both. Yah, you may take a few hundred hit, but who cares at the prices new pins are selling at.

You probably could get a few new sterns before the next jjp makes it out.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Interesting when threads like this come up - I don't usually join in, but...
When Wonka is announced how long until it comes off the line into homes? Based on past JJP games, why don't you just buy a BK and enjoy it for a year and sell it when wonka starts shipping. That way you get to enjoy both. Yah, you may take a few hundred hit, but who cares at the prices new pins are selling at.
You probably could get a few new sterns before the next jjp makes it out.

Not this time. Wonka starts shipping May or June at the latest.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Once you realize nobody gives a shit about wtf you have or don't have LIFE becomes a whole lot better.

I've got a front row seat to life, death, marriage, divorce, love, happiness, etc. with about 800 household clients that i do estate planning, taxes and financial planning for.

Young, old, rich and poor, you name it.

Live life, love your family and friends! And be thankful for every day.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not this time. Wonka starts shipping May or June at the latest.

I will believe it when it happens

#173 5 years ago

This Exactly!

Quoted from iceman44:

Once you realize nobody gives a shit about wtf you have or don't have LIFE becomes a whole lot better.
I've got a front row seat to life, death, marriage, divorce, love, happiness, etc. with about 800 household clients that i do estate planning, taxes and financial planning for.
Young, old, rich and poor, you name it.
Live life, love your family and friends! And be thankful for every day.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I heard that the pin will be based around the Grandfather's character and his life spent laying in bed. The plunger with be an old man foot with hammer toe.

Dude seriously I’m in tears. That is too funny!
Who is in on a Grandpa Joe LE? Lol

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s my hobby. I do it because I hold huge pinball events at my place every few months, and it’s the defacto HQ for competitive pinball in NZ.
I don’t do it to impress anyone. The neighbours don’t give a shit ... my mates don’t give a shit ... if it comes up in conversation, nobody is impressed, I think they’re more concerned for my mental wellbeing. Lol
I’ll give you a couple of examples of “nobody gives a shit” ...
1/ when I hit 30, I decided I needed to treat myself to a flash watch. I’d worked crazy hard, and I deserved a nice watch! I always liked TAG watches, so I hunted around for months to get a good deal on a top of the range Kirium. Got one in Australia for $3000 - a good deal. I’m proudly wearing my watch, and I show it to my RX7 buddy. “Hey, check out my new watch!” He pulls out his cellphone and says “does it keep as good time as this?” My $3000 watch now languishes in my drawer, as a reminder that “nobody gives a shit”
2/ I just restored my Scared Stiff. It’s been sitting folded up since 2010. It’s the last pin I started work on in 2010 before I learnt “don’t start another one before you finish the current one”. So I finally got around to finishing it a few months ago. It’s beautiful. New decals flawlessly installed, black metalwork, new ramps, glossy playfield - it’s the best restore I’ve ever done.
I moved it to the prime position in my games room, right by the door. The next day, 120 people came to my house for Pincade, and walked past my amazing restore. Do you know how many people said “shit that looks amazing!” Nobody. Not one person. Because nobody gives a shit.
rd
[quoted image]

I know you probably don't give a shit, but I think that SS looks bad ass!

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

if it comes up in conversation, nobody is impressed

I can confirm this, definitely not impressed.

#177 5 years ago

Not sure what i will hate more. The upper playfield on Black Knight Sword Of Rage or the lower playfield on Munsters.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I know you probably don't give a shit, but I think that SS looks bad ass!

It does. It’s f**king awesome!

rd

#179 5 years ago

Nm - not really relevant to discussion.

Back to Black Knight/Willie Wonka bickering.

Lol

rd

#180 5 years ago

I m not out to impress, just get advice as it’s free on direction between 2 games. Both mean something and at this stage only can enjoy 1.

Yes the budget n collection is small, but made some great friends on the way to this point. So thank you to them!

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I did too - in our second hand store, we would handle “deceased estates” every week. Somebody died, we went in and bought up the possessions for the family and cleared out the house for them.
Half the time the kids were there fighting over the stupidest shit - like arguing over a vase or china cabinet or something. Something stupid. Like vultures picking over the bones of roadkill.
Then they stuck the dead guy in the ground and sold the house off and split up the cash (after some more bickering)
So ... you work your guts out for 60 years, you die, your kids bicker over your shit, pocket your money ... and ... at the end of the day, nobody gives a shit.
rd

sad

#182 5 years ago

I guess that is why we buy the games we do. Still doesn't stop us from bickering over them

Quoted from rotordave:

I did too - in our second hand store, we would handle “deceased estates” every week. Somebody died, we went in and bought up the possessions for the family and cleared out the house for them.
Half the time the kids were there fighting over the stupidest shit - like arguing over a vase or china cabinet or something. Something stupid. Like vultures picking over the bones of roadkill.
Then they stuck the dead guy in the ground and sold the house off and split up the cash (after some more bickering)
So ... you work your guts out for 60 years, you die, your kids bicker over your shit, pocket your money ... and ... at the end of the day, nobody gives a shit.
rd

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s my hobby...Because nobody gives a...
rd
[quoted image]

RD, Mark me down for someone that cares and is impressed with your restoration. It is fab! If I walked in your room and that was sitting there I’d be wowed!

#184 5 years ago

Who is streaming the Wonka pin at the unveiling?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Who is streaming the Wonka pin at the unveiling?

Buffalo I believe.

#186 5 years ago

Man I’m so scared my wife thinks I’m selling my machines but with all these new announcements I went nuts . I don’t know what she’s going to do when all these new pins start arriving . Big truck pulls up “ what is that !” . I’m screwed !

#187 5 years ago

I guess you’ll have your answer in about 3 hours

#188 5 years ago

Black knight...

#189 5 years ago

Lol that was quick!

rd

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lol that was quick!

rd

Yeah. But let’s be honest and say deadpool or pirates still sit in front of black knight

#191 5 years ago

After seeing the new Wonka, I'm 100% Black Knight. Wonka would have had to really wow me and it did not. I hope the new GNR is better.

#192 5 years ago

After watching a few minutes of Wonka play - you might wait for the next release rumored to be "Gone with the Wind"

#193 5 years ago

Deep in thought.
Speed vs a slower more to aim for pin.

One for me, or one for the family.

I do like the JP effort. My oldest daughter said sell on your pins and buy.

I do love black knight and it’s the first machine I play currently before I get smacked by Ironman.

Keep thinking I will

#194 5 years ago

Now that both games are revealed, I can't imagine what all the hype over Willy Wonka was for? Wonder how much different the poll in this thread would end up if the numbers were gathered over again at this point? My BK LE purchase is more solid than ever.

For the record, I loved the book as a kid and loved the movie with Gene Wilder, so this is a really solid theme to me. Just looking at the game and the playfield layout it has no appeal. A couple of neat toys and nice ramps, but overall has literally nothing that gets my motor running like Black Knight does. The LCD scenes from the movie are fine, but soundtrack is awful to say the least. Ugh.

#195 5 years ago

I was initially in on both, but now I'm a hard no on BK. The screeching music is a huge turnoff for me.

Wonka did not turn out to be the JesusPin, but it is what it is - a solid, JJP quality first-class machine.
I'm still in on the CE and it will be a fine compliment to my JJPOTC.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was initially in on both, but now I'm a hard no on BK. The screeching music is a huge turnoff for me.
Wonka did not turn out to be the JesusPin, but it is what it is - a solid, JJP quality first-class machine.
I'm still in on the CE and it will be a fine compliment to my JJPOTC.

I hear you on the grating repetitive metal music in BK. I also found the constant "I've got a golden ticket" music on Wonka to be somewhat annoying too though.

I'm hoping both will be improved with more code.

#197 5 years ago

This looks pretty good. Hard choices to be made with next purchase.
-Mike

#198 5 years ago

At $7500, I’m in on WONKA SE. I will add a shaker and without a doubt someone will design a mod for where the empty ball lock shelf now sits.

#199 5 years ago

So anyone here that played 'em both this weekend?

#200 5 years ago

I never thought Wonka would be good subject material for a pin. I was about to order a CE, but after seeing the footage, I think the music will drive me nuts, and the play field looks like it will give me a seizure. I will stick with my Black Knight LE order. The rock music and the layout look pretty cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 32.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-fury-or-willy-wonka/page/4?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.