0618172139 (resized).jpg
106B9EE6-29D0-45E4-AC4D-B9B1DB58ACEC (resized).jpeg
2y6jho (resized).jpg
BC11C9BC-3E57-4965-ADDE-BD9560F869BE (resized).jpeg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
2B08628F-FE77-405D-BDCF-8B0B2114A05A (resized).jpeg
9FBD316C-1F06-4EBB-8A22-B1339B1CF6B5 (resized).jpeg
Battle (resized).jpg

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 4 years ago

Hi, I am buying a new game once I see the gameplay and code. A shock to some. Like them both, but have room for 1. To buy both one of the following in the line up would go.

I love a fast game, Ironman, Tron and have a wizard of oz, twilight zone and black 2000 to round out the collection for the family.

I rank black knight 2000 highly and buying the new one is a no brainer.... however a New Jersey game could be the go for the family.
This is not a stern vs jersey thread!!!
Looking for advice. I had been pumped and was thinking of a TA and last week was revisiting Deadpool or Batman 66.

#2 4 years ago

Very optimistic on both. Too soon to tell but hope to see and play them Friday at MGC.

#3 4 years ago

Look forward reading your reviews on them. Thanks

#4 4 years ago

I plan to play both Friday as well.

#5 4 years ago

You guys do lucky to get to view and play.
Not to many Jersey Jack games make their way to New Zealand. It s a shame.
We get a few sterns thanks to the importer here and the boys buying up for their collections.

#6 4 years ago

Two games no one has played.

Christ.

#7 4 years ago

Buying Both... at least I get to play on Friday to decide.

#8 4 years ago

Buying both!

#9 4 years ago

If you don't get a chance to play them I would wait at least for pics of Wonka to come out and some
game play of both to help your decision.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Two games no one has played.
Christ.

A lot of the pinball podcasters/pinball media got to play these pins before the public. There will be videos/overviews shown at a later date. There have also been many people who tested the pins.

#11 4 years ago

Really ? 2 games with no gameplay yet lol. That being said... i love both companies products but jjp pins are another level of pinball imo. With the wonka theme and pat l on design its almost a guarantee it will be pretty amazing and innovative. Black knight will be noting special or innovative but will be fun to play overall like most stern pins and its hard to beat the price of a nib pro to your door for mid 5k .

#12 4 years ago

Will have a better idea come next week at MGC.

Battle (resized).jpgBattle (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

Def prefer Wonka and caramel factory over sword of fury.

#14 4 years ago

That is funny!

#15 4 years ago

Black Knight? No thanks.

Will wait for Lyman and Elvira

Going with Wonka for sure on Vanilla Kaneda's advice

#16 4 years ago

To all that say to early, my Partner Susie been talking about this off and on for the last 2 days. With her it be kind of cool in Willy Wonka has this or done like this. For me it’s how do you make a great game better, have a retro side and amp the music and insults.

#17 4 years ago

Has it been confirmed???

Steve is a true master of game design and flow. Interested on graphics and the rule set on black knight.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Has it been confirmed???
Steve is a true master of game design and flow. Interested on graphics and the rule set on black knight.

wtf are you talking about?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

I rank black knight 2000 highly and buying the new one is a no brainer.... however a New Jersey game could be the go for the family.

Is Willy Wonka "a thing" in New Zealand?

As someone living where that movie basically is completely non-existant that question between a "Black Knight" and "Guy with funny colored clothes and a cylinder" doesn't come up.

If it would be something I liked and my kids know and like as well... I'd just go with the better game.
So: Just play'em both and decide for yourself.

#20 4 years ago

Elvira as the next release?

#21 4 years ago

Willy Wonka was a book we grew up with and enjoyed the movie as kids. I have passed that love onto my 2 young girls... well the love of chocolate lol

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Oh ok, no its not.

That's Eddy and Jurassic World

Then Elvira and Lyman this fall

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Very optimistic on both. Too soon to tell.

I bought STLE before either was announced and probably will keep my STLE for 5-6 months to see how everything shakes out. I’m not in a rush to get the new kid on the block.

With BK need to decide pro or premium and see if the code is excellent.

Wonka (I believe) will be excellent hopefully it’s as good as my other two JJP games.

I’m leaning towards Wonka and if both are great may get both.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really ? 2 games with no gameplay yet lol. That being said... i love both companies products but jjp pins are another level of pinball imo. With the wonka theme and pat l on design its almost a guarantee it will be pretty amazing and innovative. Black knight will be noting special or innovative but will be fun to play overall like most stern pins and its hard to beat the price of a nib pro to your door for mid 5k .

I agree Stern pro is good value and imo Stern looks to be making a strong case for BK with the music in particular we’ve heard so far. Plus nice art and theme for me.

However might be tempted for the premium.

Either one for me I’m waiting for 5/6 months for the more clear picture to emerge.

I could buy one or both but don’t care to sell my stle yet or any game.

#26 4 years ago

Understand the wait and see. It s a very small market in New Zealand to try resell in if you get it wrong.
We only get 3 Le per release and it is more likely one ends up with a premium if the title is great.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Understand the wait and see. It s a very small market in New Zealand to try resell in if you get it wrong.
We only get 3 Le per release and it is more likely one ends up with a premium if the title is great.

Call Rotordave, he buys/sells everything!

#28 4 years ago

I say buy both, sell the one you don’t enjoy more. Lol.

#29 4 years ago

Am mates with him. Yes he buys a lot. He sold several this week on behalf. Set a record of listing and selling s f14 in a minute!!!! Legend.

Not seen him with a jersey jack game on his pad yet.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I say buy both, sell the one you don’t enjoy more. Lol.

My thinking, but the divorce would cost be more

#31 4 years ago

Im in on Black Knight, but I think Wonka is just gonna kill it!

#32 4 years ago

Either one for me I’m waiting for 5/6 months for the more clear picture to emerge.

I tend to be in this camp. One thing I should sell something before buying and I can't decide what I would sell.

Also 5/6 months puts it close to expo which is a nice timeframe. On the JJP pins I bought I definitely let the dust settle before buying them.

#33 4 years ago

So many swords, so little time.

#34 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the better 1980 SR pin that like BK already had a sequel to get a another remake.. Firepower III.

#35 4 years ago

Must get that on a t shirt.

#36 4 years ago

I love JJP pins great feel and toys, much like B/W games but they cost a lot. I realize it’s just $1-2k more than a premium or LE from Stern but that’s still real money and if you going talking about overseas markets more than that. But I do think the quality of JJP is worth owning if you can afford it. I’m super happy with Woz and DI.

That said cheaper flips like TWD / Met pro or Tron or IM are not going anywhere from my collection.

#37 4 years ago

Is "BK Swords of Fury" a special edition of BK: Sword of Rage?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love JJP pins great feel and toys, much like B/W games but they cost a lot. I realize it’s just $1-2k more than a premium or LE from Stern but that’s still real money and if you going talking about overseas markets more than that. But I do think the quality of JJP is worth owning if you can afford it. I’m super happy with Woz and DI.
That said cheaper flips like TWD / Met pro or Tron or IM are not going anywhere from my collection.

Agree with Tron and Ironman as they are in the collection. Do like woz and the build quality and agree it is money well spent. I would buy another Jersey game but the collectors edition I am unsure on.

#39 4 years ago

Interesting to see the poll. Thanks

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Interesting to see the poll. Thanks

Although people who own JJ Potc will swear how great it is and it is great in parts. It’s hard to ignore that there are no movie scenes at all. I’m guessing that Wonka is going to have a more complete use of assets and sometimes a shorter story like one single movie is easier to get the most from than a sprawling 5 movie arc.

Plus a lot of people don’t care for Potc beyond the first or second movie. Imo

#41 4 years ago

Screen is great, but I find myself concentrating on the ball and hardly look up. More practice time needed!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call Rotordave, he buys/sells everything!

He has been pretty much priced out of the NIB market.

I’d rather spend my money on old games and restore them. Like my Skateball I just finished up.

This owes me around 1/3rd the cost of a new Stern Pro. Just started my Evel Knievel restore today.

rd
9FBD316C-1F06-4EBB-8A22-B1339B1CF6B5 (resized).jpeg9FBD316C-1F06-4EBB-8A22-B1339B1CF6B5 (resized).jpeg

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Set a record of listing and selling s f14 in a minute!!!! Legend

F14 in a minute and Jurassic Park in an hour. Could have sold a couple more of each as well.

See Matty - throw up a decent machine at a decent price, good ad, no mucking around, no bullsh*t, and out they go!

rd

#44 4 years ago

I gotta a feeling Wonka will make BKSR look like a system 11 game.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I gotta a feeling Wonka will make BKSR look like a system 11 game.

It probably will! And it should do for the price of it.

But the question is, will it be fun to play? Personally, I haven’t found any of the previous ones fun. Dialed in was the best of them so far for me ...

Just my opinion - please don’t shoot me.

rd

#46 4 years ago

As always RD wise words..... but you once advised me to “sell of my clangers and go modern.”
So out they go and in with new or near new. Can not or will not ever have a world class line up like yourself. Have a spot n dollars for a new one so going to, been 5 years since the last nib.

Advise always good and welcome the feedback.
Spooky pin you say?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

RotorDave has been pretty much priced out of the NIB market.
I’d rather spend my money on old games and restore them. Like my Skateball I just finished up.
This owes me around 1/3rd the cost of a new Stern Pro. Just started my Evel Knievel restore today.
rd
[quoted image]

One hot looking machine!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I haven’t found any of the previous ones fun. Dialed in was the best of them so far for me ...
Just my opinion - please don’t shoot me.
rd

I’ve heard that a lot. Personally love Woz and DI just people have different opinions. For example some music **I** can’t stand but some people that’s all they’ll listen to. Pinball might be the same way in that not everyone will like every game.

#49 4 years ago

WOZ and dialed in are ok but both feel like little kiddie machines to me; I mean dialed in has bob the builder on it

2B08628F-FE77-405D-BDCF-8B0B2114A05A (resized).jpeg2B08628F-FE77-405D-BDCF-8B0B2114A05A (resized).jpeg
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve heard that a lot. Personally love Woz and DI it’s not that JJP makes bad pins at all just people have different opinions

That’s what so many people on Pinside can’t get. Or don’t want to get.

Houdini - perfect example. Some people don’t like it - generally cause they find the shots tight. I like it, and want one when I can get one for the right price. But just because some people don’t like it doesn’t make it a “bad pin”

The JJP pins are cool - but they’re not for me.

1/ they’re too expensive - especially over here
2/ I don’t find the fun factor there (as yet)

But if someone else thinks The Hobbit is the best thing ever made, who am I (or anyone else) to tell them they’re wrong?

Good on em! Play it till your fingers bleed!

Ryan C thought I was joking when I told him I would rather play Aerosmith than any JJP pin so far. Hey, I like that sort of game! It’s fast, furious, and FUN to play! In fact I smashed out 690m today on my one! So who is anyone to tell me I’m wrong for liking that game?

People need to stop taking sides, and just let people do what they want to do.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 91.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-fury-or-willy-wonka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.