(Topic ID: 276918)

Black Knight Sword of Rage Upper Flipper Help!

By ram102

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by apessino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help. I have a Stern Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium pin which I purchased brand new last Nov. I have it in my home and don't have many plays on it, but the issue I'm having is the upper playfield flipper. When you flip, the flipper is slow to go back down. I notice this if I'm playing for a little bit. I check the flipper spring, coil sleeve and everything looks great. I noticed the way Stern has this flipper set up it's a long rod from the flipper down to the flipper coil. I can't seem to figure out why its return back so slowly. If I let it sit for a bit and play another game later it seems to work fine. I made a video of the issue, but can't figure out how to post it.

#2 3 years ago

You should be able to raise the flipper shaft a little bit from the flipper assembly underneath, also check to make sure your clear upper playfield is all the way down.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

You should be able to raise the flipper shaft a little bit from the flipper assembly underneath, also check to make sure your clear upper playfield is all the way down.

What do you mean by make sure the clear upper playfield is all the way down? Are they known to come up? On the flipper adjustment do you mean I should just loosen the flipper shaft and just raise the flipper slightly from the playfield?

One last question because the shaft on the upper flipper is so long does it need to have any type of lubricant on it? I only ask because the flipper will work fine until about 20 minutes of play and that's when you start seeing the issue.

Thanks for getting back to me.

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

Sorry for delay (didn't see)
yes the upper playfield can come up for service, but more than likely just raise the flipper by loosening the shaft and raising it a drop, do not lubricate, also if its hanging up double check the flipper back stop and the spring.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from ram102:

I'm hoping someone can help. I have a Stern Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium pin which I purchased brand new last Nov. I have it in my home and don't have many plays on it, but the issue I'm having is the upper playfield flipper. When you flip, the flipper is slow to go back down. I notice this if I'm playing for a little bit. I check the flipper spring, coil sleeve and everything looks great. I noticed the way Stern has this flipper set up it's a long rod from the flipper down to the flipper coil. I can't seem to figure out why its return back so slowly. If I let it sit for a bit and play another game later it seems to work fine. I made a video of the issue, but can't figure out how to post it.

I have the same issue, except I received my nib Premium yesterday and it has the problem at all times, not just after a few plays. Did raising the flipper a bit fix it for you? Thanks!

5 months later
#6 3 years ago

Same problem here. Did y'all get this resolved? ram102

3 months later
#7 2 years ago

I have the exact same problem. Did any of you guys get this resolved?

1 month later
#8 2 years ago

I also have the same issue and will try the recomended fix above. fingers crossed that it works for me.

#9 2 years ago

It appears that in several cases the upper flipper comes from the factory a bit too close to the plastic base so it drags - all I did back then was loosen it and raise it a tiny bit and I have had no problems in almost a year. Trivial fix, takes all of 5 min., still love this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sword-of-rage-upper-flipper-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.