409834F7-F313-45DD-B97F-4172D42E5FCF (resized).png
62851F2A-E613-46EB-8528-CD2D14AD58C5 (resized).jpeg
1FE93DB6-FA8B-4B73-BF72-897BB6FB8610 (resized).jpeg
78857351-5A8E-4BD9-AFE7-EF9F501A6ACD (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190609-052118_eBay (resized).jpg
13523 (resized).jpeg
F42D1850-7126-4976-9D9A-0D10700C3CC3 (resized).jpeg
C30FA402-707A-45F9-BA14-6697DD09EE17 (resized).jpeg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Per TWIP April 1st announcement: “The topper has Black Knight’s head, probably six inches high by 3 inches wide. A big ostrich feather sticking out of the top of it. It is totally robotic, it can look left and look right. It also has modulating LEDs in the mask, where all the holes are…so he can express anything he wants…when it says “No way”, it is going to shake his head left and right. And he is going to rock his head back and [laugh]…I think it is the best topper ever.” - Steve Ritchie

#2 5 years ago

C30FA402-707A-45F9-BA14-6697DD09EE17 (resized).jpegC30FA402-707A-45F9-BA14-6697DD09EE17 (resized).jpeg

#3 5 years ago

True: Steve actually specifically mentioned this on the C2C podcast....

#4 5 years ago

april fools day?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

april fools day?

As AUKraut pointed out Steve talked about this weeks ago when he was interviewed by Nate. Highly doubt it's a joke.

#6 5 years ago

You just have to wait 2 years for it to be done like SW right

#7 5 years ago

Nah, that’s the beauty of original themes. Shouldn’t have the hang ups

#8 5 years ago

You think it comes with the LE?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

You think it comes with the LE?

F42D1850-7126-4976-9D9A-0D10700C3CC3 (resized).jpegF42D1850-7126-4976-9D9A-0D10700C3CC3 (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

You think its more than 400?

#11 5 years ago

Probably. Maybe a lot more.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

You think its more than 400?

Probably. I’m betting you it will cost significantly more.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Imagineerie:

Probably. I’m betting you it will cost significantly more.

#14 5 years ago

Well, some are 400 and some are 500. Hopefully it’s not more than 500

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

Any updates on release date?

3 weeks later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Any updates on release date?

Anything other than crickets?

#17 4 years ago

I'm curious if a photo or video has been released.

Nothing to offer for time-frame. The price provided to me: $499US (stern#502-7095-00).

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Anything other than crickets?

I believe the order is:
GB code
Sw topper
Musters topper- to be shown on a color Premium version.
Then BKsor topper.

Feel free to shuffle the deck and re arrange daily.

At this point it seems most of Stern is on vacation based on Facebook posts 8).

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe the order is:
GB code
Sw topper
Musters topper- to be shown on a color Premium version.
Then BKsor topper.
Feel free to shuffle the deck and re arrange daily.
At this point it seems most of Stern is on vacation based on Facebook posts 8).

Where is the WOF code in this list?

2 weeks later
#20 4 years ago

Any new news???

#21 4 years ago

Juliet thinks she's a Topper.

13523 (resized).jpeg13523 (resized).jpeg
#22 4 years ago

I want that topper

#23 4 years ago

I'm not going to wait 6 months to a year or longer and pay $500, I'm going to make my own topper.
Screenshot_20190609-052118_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190609-052118_eBay (resized).jpg

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm not going to wait 6 months to a year or longer and pay $500, I'm going to make my own topper.
[quoted image]

Just wait

1 month later
#25 4 years ago

Is this actually coming out? I haven’t been able to confirm with anyone at Stern

#26 4 years ago

Steve told me at Pintastic that the topper was awesome and was coming out, so my guess is they are going to produce it. Despite the game not selling well, I would imagine there are enough owners willing to buy it that it would make sense to produce it. Let’s be honest, there has not been a topper to date that didn’t sell out.......they don’t produce enough!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Cabal73:

Is this actually coming out? I haven’t been able to confirm with anyone at Stern

Will probably be out before the Star Wars topper

#28 4 years ago

Pinballs.com has it as coming soon at 429.99.
I will definitely be getting this for my L/E

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Steve told me at Pintastic that the topper was awesome and was coming out, so my guess is they are going to produce it. Despite the game not selling well, I would imagine there are enough owners willing to buy it that it would make sense to produce it. Let’s be honest, there has not been a topper to date that didn’t sell out.......they don’t produce enough!

How do you know the game's not selling well?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Pinballs.com has it as coming soon at 429.99.
I will definitely be getting this for my L/E

Well they say coming soon on the pinblade artwork too... and mine just got delivered today so hopefully it really does mean soon!!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

How do you know the game's not selling well?

Distributors..........There are still a lot of LEs left.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Distributors..........There are still a lot of LEs left.

Oh, for a second there I thought you had access to Stern’s books. Turns out, you were just talking out of your arse.

1 month later
#33 4 years ago

Like c’mon man!

78857351-5A8E-4BD9-AFE7-EF9F501A6ACD (resized).jpeg78857351-5A8E-4BD9-AFE7-EF9F501A6ACD (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#34 4 years ago

"Soon"

At this point I think I'm ready to say that this one is just not going to happen.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

"Soon"
At this point I think I'm ready to say that this one is just not going to happen.

Think again. From Pinball Expo:

Scheduled to be released with the next code update so that folks can order and receive them by Xmas. Tim's adding more interactions and effects in the interim (among everything else he's doing.) Price has been spotted as $429.00 - not cheap, but certainly less that I was expecting.

#36 4 years ago

(Insert TAKE MY MONEY gif)

#37 4 years ago

Hell yeah! That's the kind of news I was hoping for!

#38 4 years ago

A little longer footage from Pinball Expo:

Gary Stern announced the topper in his opening remarks ahead of the Stern Factory Tour - and pointed to the very first functional one sitting atop a BKSOR Premium in the Stern Arcade area where the most recent/currently in production Stern games are available to play.

The knight's head on the topper can move left, right, up and down along with doing combos of two directions neighboring each other at 90 degrees (i.e., NE, NW, SE, and SW - but not NS and EW naturally!) Tim is working on making the topper have a lot of interactions and syncing the callouts to the mask last I heard.

Gotta have it!!!

#39 4 years ago

Seen this in person in action at expo even got a chance to play a couple games with Steve. The topper is amazing and probably the best topper that Stern has made. Steve even mentioned they are going into the studio to record even more custom callout for BKSOR. The game has really shaped up to become a fantastic pin.

1FE93DB6-FA8B-4B73-BF72-897BB6FB8610 (resized).jpeg1FE93DB6-FA8B-4B73-BF72-897BB6FB8610 (resized).jpeg62851F2A-E613-46EB-8528-CD2D14AD58C5 (resized).jpeg62851F2A-E613-46EB-8528-CD2D14AD58C5 (resized).jpeg
#40 4 years ago

Will the topper be available and work with the pro version too?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Will the topper be available and work with the pro version too?

I guess...Why not ?

#42 4 years ago

I'm not going to deny this is probably the coolest topper ever created, but why put so much effort into a topper for a game hardly anyone bought?

Either way the topper is pretty bad-ass! Same goes for Munsters might be one of if not the most boring games Stern has ever made but the topper is pretty bad ass! I hope Stern keeps making toppers because they're really really good at it... I just wish they would sell the Batman 66 topper.

FINALLY Stern does SOMETHING better than Jersey Jack. Jersey Jack needs to step up and do some bad ass toppers.

If I had to rank the best toppers I've seen I'm going in this direction...

1) Black Knight
2) MM New Topper
3) Monster Bash
4) Attack from Mars
5) Batman 66

HM: Munsters

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not going to deny this is probably the coolest topper ever created, but why put so much effort into a topper for a game hardly anyone bought?

The topper was planned from the beginning - it's not like they just started working on it a couple of weeks ago.

And given how great of a topper it is as we all concur, why scrap it? This way people who own a BKSOR can buy the topper to go with their game - and the people who don't own a BKSOR can buy a game to go with their topper.

#44 4 years ago

Looks like the moving BK head has the same mech as the JPLE dino head.

#45 4 years ago

Must have topper for my favourite pinball game.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Either way the topper is pretty bad-ass! Same goes for Munsters might be one of if not the most boring games Stern has ever made but the topper is pretty bad ass! I hope Stern keeps making toppers because they're really really good at it... I just wish they would sell the Batman 66 topper.
FINALLY Stern does SOMETHING better than Jersey Jack. Jersey Jack needs to step up and do some bad ass toppers.
1) Black Knight
2) MM New Topper
3) Monster Bash
4) Attack from Mars
5) Batman 66

The Munnsters cuckoo clock topper is better than a few of those you mentioned

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

1) Black Knight
2) MM New Topper
3) Monster Bash
4) Attack from Mars
5) Batman 66

1. Whirlwind
2. Black Knight SOR
3. Attack From Mars LE
4. White Water
5. Fish Tales

#48 4 years ago

Whirlwind to me it not a good topper its just a cheesy looking fan. Its hard to compare that to something as cool as these other toppers.

Fish Tales is cool with the flapping fish. White water and Adams Family are more or less the same thing, and they're fine. But they don't compete with this Black Knight. I thought the coolest mech I've ever seen on a pinball with the T-REX in JP... now I'm thinking the coolest thing I've seen is this Black Knight topper. JJP Topper for Pirates CE was also very cool... but nothing beats this Black Knight Topper.

I'm going on record here and stating that Chicago Gaming in my opinion is STILL THE KING of Toppers. They're knocking it out of the park three games in a row. Stern is now getting into the game and they're showing they mean business. Chicago Gaming however they're now setting the standard for toppers with Stern right behind them. I'm hopping JJP can put their techs to use on toppers in the future. No more basic art toppers on plastic... lets see stuff that is sculpted and moves or in BK case talks! Great job Stern.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1. Whirlwind
2. Black Knight SOR
3. Attack From Mars LE
4. White Water
5. Fish Tales

#49 4 years ago

Does anyone know the dimensions of the BK topper?

#50 4 years ago

I’m not a big topper guy but to me AFM is the top topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sword-of-rage-topper?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.