409834F7-F313-45DD-B97F-4172D42E5FCF (resized).png
62851F2A-E613-46EB-8528-CD2D14AD58C5 (resized).jpeg
1FE93DB6-FA8B-4B73-BF72-897BB6FB8610 (resized).jpeg
78857351-5A8E-4BD9-AFE7-EF9F501A6ACD (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190609-052118_eBay (resized).jpg
13523 (resized).jpeg
F42D1850-7126-4976-9D9A-0D10700C3CC3 (resized).jpeg
C30FA402-707A-45F9-BA14-6697DD09EE17 (resized).jpeg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

I’m not a topper guy either unless they come with the machine. Especially at the LE level. That being said, I do plan to buy this one when available. Well done stern.

#52 4 years ago

It is clearly the best topper ever made. It's like a chuck-e-cheese animatronic robot!

#53 4 years ago

I keep hearing that BKSOR is lagging in sales big time. That surprises me. I love mine and actually think it is SR's best of all time. I'll be lined up to get a topper as this one is going nowhere. Great job Team Stern

#54 4 years ago

That BKSOR topper is insanely bad ass and makes my Iron Maiden Aces High topper look like a cheap non-interactive piece of junk. Wish they would have made Eddie interactive or done something better with Maiden, but good to see Stern stepping up their game. Makes me want to buy a BKSOR

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not going to deny this is probably the coolest topper ever created, but why put so much effort into a topper for a game hardly anyone bought?
Either way the topper is pretty bad-ass! Same goes for Munsters might be one of if not the most boring games Stern has ever made but the topper is pretty bad ass! I hope Stern keeps making toppers because they're really really good at it... I just wish they would sell the Batman 66 topper.
FINALLY Stern does SOMETHING better than Jersey Jack. Jersey Jack needs to step up and do some bad ass toppers.
If I had to rank the best toppers I've seen I'm going in this direction...
1) Black Knight
2) MM New Topper
3) Monster Bash
4) Attack from Mars
5) Batman 66
HM: Munsters

I'd put Game of Thrones' topper ahead of Monster Bash. The Dragon is large and it's cool when it flaps plus the shields for each house light up on the castle wall when you earn them. Batman 66's topper looks neat, but doesn't really DO anything except light up and flash.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Game of Thrones' topper ahead of Monster Bash

You might be right. That is a great topper! I just love the sculpts on Monster Bash but I will agree GOT deserves to be considered a top 5 topper.

#57 4 years ago

BTW does anyone know when the Black Knight topper is going on sale?

If Sterns goal was to sell more Black Knights this is a way to drum up interest. I think the game needs new back glass art... in my opinion that might be the worst back glass art I've ever seen. I think they should have a photo realistic back glass with the Knight and a hoard of monsters behind him. I'd love to see someone update that artwork.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW does anyone know when the Black Knight topper is going on sale?
If Sterns goal was to sell more Black Knights this is a way to drum up interest. I think the game needs new back glass art... in my opinion that might be the worst back glass art I've ever seen. I think they should have a photo realistic back glass with the Knight and a hoard of monsters behind him. I'd love to see someone update that artwork.

Word from the Stern factory tour at Pinball Expo is that the team is doing its best to have the topper ready for sale in time for folks to have one delivered by Christmas.

4 weeks later
#59 4 years ago

Any further updates regarding the topper?

#60 4 years ago

my wife spoke to them a week ago and they said two weeks.

#61 4 years ago

Limited edition for $750? They might be waiting to see if any Star Wars toppers sell

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Limited edition for $750? They might be waiting to see if any Star Wars toppers sell

The topper is $750 ????

Holy Sh$& !

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

The topper is $750 ????
Holy Sh$& !

I sure hope not. Where's everybody getting the $750 figure from?
It was originally quoted as ~$429.00 in placeholders to distributors.

#64 4 years ago

$429 is realistic

#65 4 years ago

The Star Wars topper they just released. Limited to 500 and it’s $750. Probably their new topper pricing scheme. I’m out

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The Star Wars topper they just released. Limited to 500 and it’s $750. Probably their new topper pricing scheme. I’m out

Found this at Marco for the Star Wars Topper: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7041-00

For that price R2D2 better do a heck of a lot more than just turn his head, blip and beep. But another distributor lists it like this: https://musiccitypinball.net/product/star-wars-topper/ - a very significant variation in price if they are for the same thing.

Meanwhile, Marco is listing the BKSOR topper thusly: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7095-00

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Found this at Marco for the Star Wars Topper: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7041-00
For that price R2D2 better do a heck of a lot more than just turn his head, blip and beep. But another distributor lists it like this: https://musiccitypinball.net/product/star-wars-topper/ - a very significant variation in price if they are for the same thing.
Meanwhile, Marco is listing the BKSOR topper thusly: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7095-00

It all happened this weekend. Stern is cranking out toppers for 750 now.
The way I see it. Their toppers never sold so well, maybe never sold 500 of them. But slap a limited plaque and high price maybe they sell more. Whatever, I’m out.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The way I see it. Their toppers never sold so well, maybe never sold 500 of them. But slap a limited plaque and high price maybe they sell more. Whatever, I’m out.

I'm certainly not in at $750. But for it all happening this weekend, it's very odd that neither topper is listed on their website yet as of this post.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wait for the clearance sale. GoT toppers cleared out at 40% off eventually. Cool as the BK topper is, I can't imagine there are 500 rubes willing to shell out $750 for a limited-functionality topper.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait for the clearance sale. GoT toppers cleared out at 40% off eventually. Cool as the BK topper is, I can't imagine there are 500 rubes willing to shell out $750 for a limited-functionality topper.

I'm still not convinced the BKSOR topper is really going for $750. See:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7041-00 vs https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7095-00

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got toppers were 40% off? When was that.?
They are $499 on the Stern Shop site.

409834F7-F313-45DD-B97F-4172D42E5FCF (resized).png409834F7-F313-45DD-B97F-4172D42E5FCF (resized).png
#72 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Got toppers were 40% off? When was that.?
They are $499 on the Stern Shop site.[quoted image]

Earlier in the year. I want to say February. Got the GoT Stark side rails relatively cheap, too (Stark was $159, Lannister was $199). GoT art blades were $39. Had to go through your distributor. I posted on Pinside when it happened. Some people got those prices from the post, I know.

So yeah, wait for a clearance.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Earlier in the year. I want to say February. Got the GoT Stark side rails relatively cheap, too (Stark was $159, Lannister was $199). GoT art blades were $39. Had to go through your distributor. I posted on Pinside when it happened. Some people got those prices from the post, I know.
So yeah, wait for a clearance.

Nice

1 month later
#74 4 years ago

Topper was announced for christmas...come on guys, we need some news !!

#75 4 years ago

I have a feeling that Stern might take the production of the BKSOR topper in more of a BKSOR vinyl soundtrack direction, i.e., limit the initial run so it sells out quickly and then make more if/when they need to.

My feeling is not based on any inside knowledge or anything other my own conjecture.

But given the very positive initial reactions to the topper since it was unveiled at the start of Stern factory tour during Expo back in October and the buzz/excitement/desire it continues to generate, I still think BKSOR will get at least a brief boost in renewed interest and even sales once the topper is officially released. And I cannot help but think there will even be some folks who buy a game because they want this topper.

#76 4 years ago

Stern needs to get these toppers out. They have a really bad track record lately with this.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern needs to get these toppers out. They have a really bad track record lately with this.

I'd rather they take a little more time to get it right instead of rushing it out - but by "a little more time" I mean we can order it on or before the March 26th anniversary date of the BKSOR game announcement.

The Star Wars topper (speaking for myself) was overwhelmingly NOT worth the price or the wait for what it ultimately was. The BKSOR topper was already at least 12 parsecs ahead of the Star Wars topper when we first saw it in October.

And while I realize that I cannot expect reasonably final code in games when I unbox them shortly after they began production, a topper should have "final enough code" upon receipt and installation - with "final enough" = "if it never does anything other than what it does after I installed it, I'd be extremely happy." Any further enhancements would just be even more gravy.

But with so much potential to truly be the best pinball topper of all time, it'd be a shame if this one only did just a little bit more than what we saw at Expo back in October.

All of that said, HURRY UP!!! We're DROOLING for it out here!!!

#78 4 years ago

I'd just like a date estimate

#79 4 years ago

Any date when we can purchase one yet?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd just like a date estimate

Swipe right to move things along...

1 month later
#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Any date when we can purchase one yet?

Stern's Facebook posted about the topper today but still no info on availability. Anyone have more info? I want to get this ordered.

#82 4 years ago

Best topper yet?

#83 4 years ago

Stern knocked this one out of the park. That is a sick topper. Too bad I don't care at all for the game but gives me hope for JP.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I'd rather they take a little more time to get it right instead of rushing it out - but by "a little more time" I mean we can order it on or before the March 26th anniversary date of the BKSOR game announcement.
The Star Wars topper (speaking for myself) was overwhelmingly NOT worth the price or the wait for what it ultimately was. The BKSOR topper was already at least 12 parsecs ahead of the Star Wars topper when we first saw it in October.
And while I realize that I cannot expect reasonably final code in games when I unbox them shortly after they began production, a topper should have "final enough code" upon receipt and installation - with "final enough" = "if it never does anything other than what it does after I installed it, I'd be extremely happy." Any further enhancements would just be even more gravy.
But with so much potential to truly be the best pinball topper of all time, it'd be a shame if this one only did just a little bit more than what we saw at Expo back in October.
All of that said, HURRY UP!!! We're DROOLING for it out here!!!

I'm sure they are talking their time with this one. Look at the Munster's and R2-D2 topper debacles with all the broken units. Some people that originally ordered still don't have a working Munsters yet. If they rush this out and there are Munster's type issues where people have to return it once, if not twice to get a working one, it will cost them a small fortune.

I saw a listing for the Black Knight Topper on their website last week. It was on the very last page of the accessories. It had a product title, but didn't have a picture and it was grayed out so you couldn't order one. The price was listed at $549. Who knows if that is what they stick with when they actually make it available for sale though.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I saw a listing for the Black Knight Topper on their website last week. It was on the very last page of the accessories. It had a product title, but didn't have a picture and it was grayed out so you couldn't order one. The price was listed at $549. Who knows if that is what they stick with when they actually make it available for sale though.

When I saw the placeholder on Stern's website the price was listed at $399.99 ... did it change?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

When I saw the placeholder on Stern's website the price was listed at $399.99 ... did it change?

$499 is what I heard. Sincerely doubt it will be $399 since Stern's already getting that for toppers of little more than plexi and some screened graphics.

#87 4 years ago

Anyone know if this topper could be deployed on an MMR? Meaning does the topper itself handle the BK audio and effects?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone know if this topper could be deployed on an MMR? Meaning does the topper itself handle the BK audio and effects?

It wouldn't be animated or have sound, but you could probably get the lighting to work. If that's enough to satisfy you, then you could probably craft your own topper with the same lack of functionality for less than $499.

#89 4 years ago

It’s 449 on Marco and little shop of games. Both are sold out also.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It’s 449 on Marco and little shop of games. Both are sold out also.

I called a distro Friday after seeing that too. The distro said Stern has still not officially announced....and not sure when Stern will. We didnt miss anything. Im not a Topper guy, and this fakking topper is amazing!

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I called a distro Friday after seeing that too. The distro said Stern has still not officially announced....and not sure when Stern will. We didnt miss anything. Im not a Topper guy, and this fakking topper is amazing!

Yea, it’s a must! Well, I sent payment to LSOG so guess I’ll see what happens...

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

It must have. I'm not sure how long it was out there or what the purpose of it was since you couldn't order it anyway.

#93 4 years ago

I got my bksor topper Saturday (yesterday)

It is the best topper ever hand down!

Well done Stern and Steve Ritchie!

#94 4 years ago

In before the lock ( sold out)

#95 4 years ago

Anyone else receive their bksor topper yet?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Anyone else receive their bksor topper yet?

Just ordered and paid for one with Zach and FlipNOut, but he hasn't got his supply from Stern yet when I checked with him today.

#97 4 years ago

I received and installed mine today... It is absolutely awesome... I ordered it 12/9/19

20200304_201908 (resized).jpg20200304_201908 (resized).jpg
#98 4 years ago

Quick topper detour:

Just in case anyone who may have missed it in the Honourable Knights Only thread might be interested, check out these BKSOR speaker accents.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5493516

Now, back to the BKSOR topper:
Has anyone who has already ordered the topper from a distributor but not received it yet been given an ETA for theirs?

#99 4 years ago

Im still waiting for my amber JP shooter knob.. only been months.. sigh.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im still waiting for my amber JP shooter knob.. only been months.. sigh.

It used to be unobtaniun to find Bally/Williams low run spare parts.

2020 Unobtanium items = Stern Shop

It’s crazy to me that current items in the Stern Shop that most owners would anxiously buy are never in stock for months and months, if ever.

Come on Stern help me help U!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sword-of-rage-topper/page/2?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.