Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Destin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

schem2 (resized).png
schem (resized).png
IMG_2501 (resized).JPG

#1 7 days ago

I was upgrading the connectors on the driver board to trifucon and noticed on the J12 connector that the orange/violet wire was soldered into the orange/gray wire. The connection on the old connector looked bad. I went ahead and replaced into the correct location on new connector and.....
the flippers don't work and the lower kickers are very weak. I removed and resoldered to adjacent wire and now everything works as before.

So my questions are:
Why is wire soldered here?
Why did I get the results I got when wire put back in normal location?
Does this mean the other end of the wire is connected in a different location than it should be?

Looking at the schematic it looks like those two wires are essentially connected but if this is true then why did it act different when I wired it properly?

Thanks for any thoughts/help!

IMG_2501 (resized).JPGschem (resized).png
#2 7 days ago

additional expanded schematic

schem2 (resized).png
#3 7 days ago

Bad pin or solder joint on the driver board?

#4 7 days ago

Good thought...but the driver board is an essentially new Kohout board that was put in a few years back and never had any issues or repairs to it.

#5 7 days ago

I installed the new board but didn't notice the wiring on the connector at the time! I'm not too observant!

#6 6 days ago

Sure there aren’t any other wiring hacks on the connectors or elsewhere in the game involving these flipper circuits?

#7 6 days ago

No, I am not sure! I am away from the game at the moment but will check the wiring this weekend and see what wires go where!

#8 6 days ago

Was the game working correctly (or at least the flippers anyway) when you still had the old board in it?

#9 6 days ago

Yes, it worked well then and after the board was installed. Just noticed this "repair" which was done sometime over 12 yrs ago before I purchased.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,600 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Thorndale, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside