• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6599.jpg
IMG_6600.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm in the process of improving my BK. I've noticed, in playing it, that when I hit a few of the targets, that some have a harder time dropping than others. Is the best way to fix this simply removing the target enclosure and cleaning them? Is that what causes them to stick "up" before falling with a harder hit?

See these pix for shots of the targets after they've been hit, but before falling.

Thanks

IMG_6600.jpgIMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6599.jpgIMG_6599.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I'd take them apart and clean them, making sure they slide freely in the plastic channels. Consider replacing the small coil springs and check that the large leaf springs don't have too much pressure.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks. What do you recommend cleaning them with? I know that stuff like WD40 is anethema - what do you recommend?

#4 8 years ago

I usually clean those with some windex or simple green. No grease or wd40.

#5 8 years ago

There is a metal strip attached to the back of each drop target that holds the drop target in place. After cleaning them, you might try bending that strip inward just a bit to allow it to fall a little easier.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks everyone!

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

Must be a common problem, mine is doing the same thing. I also have one target that causes the machine to tilt when it drops.

#8 8 years ago

I had this cleaned them all out, replaced the copper T slides at the rear.

Also got the target art and printed to decal paper and re-did the decals. Spray of clear coat on them. Looked nice.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

Must be a common problem, mine is doing the same thing. I also have one target that causes the machine to tilt when it drops.

Sounds like a switch matrix issue. Start another thread and someone will give you a hand with it.

#10 8 years ago

yeah you gotta pull those out, take them all apart and clean them. i usually drop the parts in the utrasonic for 15 minutes and hit them with a toothbrush. you can use a degreaser like simple green or lightning and a toothbrush if you dont have utrasonic. when you get them all clean hit the surfaces that are making contact in the sliding motion with some cleaner wax and make sure you get it all off. this will make them drop like silk.

#11 8 years ago

I just took mine all apart cleaned with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol they work like brand new know didn't replace anything

#12 8 years ago

Good info - thanks. I'm cleaning them.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

Good info - thanks. I'm cleaning them.

Report back let us know how it works

#14 8 years ago

Well my boards are being repaired right now so I can't tell you how they play just yet. Hopefully I get them back soon and then I can report.

1 month later
#15 8 years ago

I had that problem on one of mine after being stored for a while.. I have a friend who used to repair pinballs for a living, and he suggested cleaning the metal where it contacts with some steel wool, and then loosen the screws holding the bar that goes across them all just ever so little.. I did it, and it works great now..

Good luck!

#16 8 years ago

I used 1 drop of synthetic oil where metal meets metal - the drops are snappy now. New springs didn't hurt either.

1 month later
#17 8 years ago

Good suggestions. I will try it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 1,059.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.