(Topic ID: 102911)

Black Knight Sound then no sound

By 04barb

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 04barb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I had great sound for games and games, then no sound. I cleaned the PIA chip and rom chip on the board. I reinstalled and I got sound for a minute then absolutely no sound. If I turn off the game then back on I get no sound. Is it the rom or PIA chip/ socket? The PIA is one of the crappy AMI brands.

#3 9 years ago

I replaced all the caps on the sound board and re soldered the header pins. I grounded the inputs coming from the cpu connector to the sound board and got no sounds. So it must be an issue with the sound board.

#8 9 years ago

On my game, pressing the switch on the sound board does nothing. Dayday: did you have an AMI 40 pin CPU chip on the sound board? I still think that chip is faulty and I'm going to order one. Even though the socket for the 40 pin cpu chip isn't scanbe I don't trust it because on the CPU board I had to replace a 24 pin socket that was faulty because when I twisted it it locked up the game. That chip socket on the cpu board wasn't scanbe.

#12 9 years ago

On a hunch I replaced the 40 pin 6808 CPU. Sound works and doesn't cut out. The old CPU was a AMI brand and I saw a video of an AMI CPU chip working then not working. Also I had an AMI chip on my bally Sapce invaders MPU board that was bad. They don't hold up well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 04barb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sound-then-no-sound?tu=04barb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.