Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinballT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My Black Knight Sound board has blown both fuses. Can someone let me know what type of fuse these are. I think they are 4 amp slo blo but not for sure. Thanks!! Tom

#2 7 years ago

My documentation says that both System 6 and 7 are 9.3VAC & 4A slow-blow.

#3 7 years ago

1 fuse is 4A slo blo and the other is 9.3 VAC (what type of fuse is that???). Is the 4A slo blo the second one on the top right or first one on top right?
Thanks,
Tom

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

9.3 VAC (what type of fuse is that???). I

That is the voltage running through that particular circuit...not a fuse rating.

#5 7 years ago

Gotcha.
Thanks!
Tom

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is the voltage running through that particular circuit...not a fuse rating.

Yes, I probably should have written 4A slow-blow @ 9.3VAC (or something similar to it).

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

My Black Knight Sound board has blown both fuses. Can someone let me know what type of fuse these are. I think they are 4 amp slo blo but not for sure. Thanks!! Tom

6x32 4a slo-blo / time-delay. This is a 12v circuit. So you can use any fuse rated for 12v or greater.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MDL-4

the bridge is probably dead if it blows the fuse. no real other reason for those fuses to pop.

#8 7 years ago

What is the bridge and where is that located?
Thanks!
Tom

#9 7 years ago

the bridge is right below the fuses.

meter set to diode test. Put your Black DMM lead on the positive bridge leg. Red lead probe the two AC (wavy line) bridge legs. You should see 0.4v to 0.6v range on the DMM. To test the other half of the bridge, do the opposite. Red DMM lead on the negative bridge leg. Black DMM lead probe the two AC bridge legs looking for the 0.4v to 0.6v. A reading of 0.00v is a shorted bridge and would fry the fuse immediately.

You will probably have to do the test on the back of the board. The factory original ones are flush mounted to the top side typically. If it is bad, replace it with a slightly high rated bridge. 5-10amp ones fit OK. I think the original one is 2-3amp.

#10 7 years ago

Hi,
Thanks! One side reads 0.49v and the other side is 0.00v. Where can I buy one of these 5-10 amp bridge? Thanks so much for your help! Quick question for you. Maybe you can help me figure this out. I actually had another sound board I put in which works great. I played a few games turned it off and turned back on and everything works but it will not start a game. I put credits on it and get sound but push game button and will not start. It is in attract mode but will not start. Any suggestions?

#11 7 years ago

I found out why it was not starting a game. A connector was stuck on. Thanks Tom!

#12 7 years ago

KBL005 BRIDGE RECTIFER 4A 200V
#KBL005
Bridge rectifer, 4 amp 200 volt pc board mount
Reference:
KBL005
Weight: 0.4
or this one:
#MDA200
2 amp 50 volt SIP in-line PCB mount bridge rectifier.
Reference:
MDA200
Williams 5A-9158
Wico 04-065000
Weight: 0.05 oz

Which bridge is the correct one?
Thanks!
Tom

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi,
Thanks! One side reads 0.49v and the other side is 0.00v. Where can I buy one of these 5-10 amp bridge? Thanks so much for your help! Quick question for you. Maybe you can help me figure this out. I actually had another sound board I put in which works great. I played a few games turned it off and turned back on and everything works but it will not start a game. I put credits on it and get sound but push game button and will not start. It is in attract mode but will not start. Any suggestions?

0.00v indicated dead bridge and why the fuse pops

use something like this
ebay.com link: Single Phase 10A 1000V KBU1010 Diode Bridge Rectifiers 4pin KBU 1010

GPE

Part Number: KBL04
Bridge Rectifier, 400V, 4A

My question to Williams... If the damn fuse is 4amp rated, why isnt the bridge... hhmm, HUH WILLIAMS =D... tight asses. I replace the bridge all the time on sound boards to the point it is part of a rebuild for me.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks So Much! Still having trouble with the start of a game. Narrowed down to a switch related to a ball drop.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Thanks So Much! Still having trouble with the start of a game. Narrowed down to a switch related to a ball drop.

The game will not start if it does not see all the balls. Make sure the trough, lock, and shooter lane switches are OK.

#16 7 years ago

Hi,
Works great now! Thanks for everyone's help! Switches just needed adjusting and I replaced the bridge rectifier on the sound board. I might do that to my other sound board. Thanks again! It is up for sale now if anyone wants to buy

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I am selling my very nice Black Knight pinball machine. Works great! It is in very nice condition. You can see by the pictures. I just shopped out with new rubbers and cleaned play...”
2016-08-28
Warrenton, VA
2,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 299 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sound-board-fuse-type and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.