Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yakrobat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm having trouble with the "Shield Diverter" on a premium I just bought from the first/original owner. Long-story-short, the shield does not raise up high enough to allow a ball to pass underneath unimpeded - please see the attached video below and notice the damage to the base of the shield and sticker from it apparently having come this way from Stern. I have looked at the mechanism as best I can without removal and nothing appears abnormal. The shield can be physically moved through "detents" (see second clip in video) that I am unable to make sense of, though that may be normal behavior. I have adjusted both the coil power and hold power (up and down) without any change in shield height. Any insight as to the issue is greatly appreciated!

Pete

#2 3 years ago

It looks fastened to a collar on a shaft. Behind it and to the left. Go over that collar for a set screw or two. Loosen, adjust. Retighten.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It looks fastened to a collar on a shaft. Behind it and to the left. Go over that collar for a set screw or two. Loosen, adjust. Retighten.
LTG : )

I kinda figured it might be a loose grub screw but I didn't want to tear apart the machine to get to it in case it might be something else. Anyway, I went ahead and removed the top playfield to access the back of the mechanism and, sure enough, tightening the grub resolved the issue. I've lower the coil impulse power so that hopefully it doesn't slip again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 8.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sor-shield-not-raising-enough-for-ball-to-pass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.