(Topic ID: 271315)

Black Knight SOR Premium lamps acting weird!

By Carmoney

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Purchased brand new just a couple months ago, and I'm getting weird random lighting every now and then. Most of the time, everything is fine. But now and then, seemingly at random times, the normal lighting sequence is replaced with strange lighting and colors that makes no sense. Even the BK toy is affected--his eyes will suddenly be a different color, like bright blue or green, or maybe he'll have just one eye lit red! Meanwhile, some of the lights that should be working are unlit (for example, the war lane indicators). While this is happening, the game play and scoring seems to continue normally, although sometimes you can't tell which shots to target during mode play. This goes on for maybe a minute, then suddenly all the lights return to working normally again.

I have reloaded fresh code a couple times, no help. No tech alerts are triggered.

I play this game a lot, and know exactly what lighting to expect. This weirdness just started in the last week. Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 3 years ago

Never mind--I was advised to unplug and reconnect the connectors to the node boards under the playfield. The problem is now gone.

#4 3 years ago

This appears to be a common problem/fix with spike 2 games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sor-premium-lamps-acting-weird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.