Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

With the machine on in attract mode, take the resistor end and carefully touch pins 2, 3, 4, and 5 on IC5 and observe that the target reset solenoids fire.

We did as you instructed. There was nothing - not even an attempt at it lifting up. See video here:
https://vimeo.com/134471622

What does this mean? My driver board is bad or going bad?

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

But it turned out to be the solenoid that serves the ball was shorting to ground through the wrapper. It was not enough to blow a fuse, but enough to drag down the solenoid pulse to the point where it would not reset

How did you test for this? Did you spot it after you pulled one off? We have 4 that are not resetting as you know. Thanks.

#54 8 years ago

Please repeat the same test with the machine in play/game mode.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Please repeat the same test with the machine in play/game mode.

Frustrated here. I can't seem to get the game to go into play mode.

I have 3 balls in lower trough. When I do switch test (03), 17, 18 and 19 light up, which I assume are the correct three switches detecting the three balls based on my diagrams. Additionally I have Function 18 set to zero which I believe is free play mode. Finally from attract loop, I have the service door closed and when I hit the credits button I get no credits. Any suggestions? Do I need anything like PF glass on or some other switch I'm forgetting?

As mentioned before, the game did - briefly - work when I brought it home, so I must have had the free play mode working then at least...

#56 8 years ago

If you are able to get into the testing menu I surmise that the game is booting correctly. Do the solenoids work when in solenoid test? Perhaps a fuse has failed.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

If you are able to get into the testing menu I surmise that the game is booting correctly. Do the solenoids work when in solenoid test? Perhaps a fuse has failed.

They do indeed. I wish I had something as simple as a blown fuse at this point.

So to summarize I have my original issue with targets not resetting and I also can't seem to start a game per your prior request. I do recall that the game start was tricky before - it took many attempts but I was 1 hr into using this table back then and I figured it was just user error on my side... Maybe I should start a separate thread on this issue?

#58 8 years ago

I would start a new thread regarding your inability to start a game.

#59 8 years ago

Thanks just did. I'll let you know if/when I get that thing figured out, so I can test what you suggested above.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

How did you test for this? Did you spot it after you pulled one off? We have 4 that are not resetting as you know. Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. the way i found it was that i finally figured out the drops would reset properly when the PF was up, but not when it was down. I saw a small rub on the coil wrapper, i put a piece of tape over it and my troubles went away...

iirc there is a metal rail on the cabinet, i ground in some clearance with the dremel.

#61 8 years ago

OK just to close the loop on THIS one too, I had the issue with the credits button/coin drop switches not working when minnesota13 suggested to do the test above. I then fixed that issue. Once I got "credits" working again and could start a game I decided to go ahead and try playing one, and lo and behold, the drop targets are now working again. I have no idea why this happened but I'm not complaining at this point.

I want to thank everyone for their input on this issue, and now I can go about souping up my new (old) table to be good as new again!

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from tornado:

OK just to close the loop on THIS one too, I had the issue with the credits button/coin drop switches not working when minnesota13 suggested to do the test above. I then fixed that issue. Once I got "credits" working again and could start a game I decided to go ahead and try playing one, and lo and behold, the drop targets are now working again. I have no idea why this happened but I'm not complaining at this point.
I want to thank everyone for their input on this issue, and now I can go about souping up my new (old) table to be good as new again!

Nice!

You probably cleaned up a connection with resistance in it somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1,059.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-solenoid-targets-not-popping-back-up/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.