Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

69CA2C69-BFB2-4BB3-A6EF-AF43908E861A.gif

#1 9 days ago

There is a Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pro I’ve been playing recently at a bar and I absolutely love it! I am considering buying one, but I am curious about its predicted reliability. The flail and shield are very cool devices, but they seem unique and prone to breaking. What do you guys think? Do you think this game will be more difficult to maintain than your average new Stern? Am I being overly hesitant and worried?

#2 9 days ago

I dont think there will be issues, any more than any other game, especially on the pro. Im concerned about my upper playfield getting hazy and so scratched you cant see through it, but it didnt stop me from buying.

#3 9 days ago

Node boards.

#4 9 days ago
Quoted from DJHens:

There is a Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pro I’ve been playing recently at a bar and I absolutely love it! I am considering buying one, but I am curious about its predicted reliability. The flail and shield are very cool devices, but they seem unique and prone to breaking. What do you guys think? Do you think this game will be more difficult to maintain than your average new Stern? Am I being overly hesitant and worried?

The game you are playing at a bar has probably already had more plays on it and hours turned on than your machine will get at your home as long as you own it.

If it's holding up it'll probably be ok in your basement.

#5 9 days ago

ANy machine you buy from any maker in any time period is going to have parts repeatedly hit my a ball a million times, no need to worry

#6 9 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ANy machine you buy from any maker in any time period is going to have parts repeatedly hit my a ball a million times, no need to worry

You can’t worry about what might happen. If you love the game, buy it and enjoy it. Should be fairly reliable and they’ll be support if you have any issues.

#7 9 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I dont think there will be issues, any more than any other game, especially on the pro. Im concerned about my upper playfield getting hazy and so scratched you cant see through it, but it didnt stop me from buying.

I've got PBL getting me a spare. It was rather spendy though at $122.33 just for the plexi piece. Mine's out on route and won't be changed until it gets pulled.

#8 9 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I've got PBL getting me a spare. It was rather spendy though at $122.33 just for the plexi piece. Mine's out on route and won't be changed until it gets pulled.

Really? At least they are making extras. May be a good idea to pick up a spare

#9 9 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Really? At least they are making extras. May be a good idea to pick up a spare

At $122.33 it might be an even better idea to scan it and get a new one laser cut when you need it.

#10 9 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

At $122.33 it might be an even better idea to scan it and get a new one laser cut when you need it.

Great idea, I can probably have a coworker cut one out for me.

#11 9 days ago

Are they all readily available now for all the games that use them? Are there any you can't get at this time? How many different ones are there? Are they relatively affordable? Will a bad one leave the game dead in the water or otherwise unplayable? How easy is it to repair them? Is there a list of parts for each and every one? Is the info out there so the aftermarket can make them or a tech can figure out what's wrong with it?

#12 9 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Are they all readily available now for all the games that use them? Are there any you can't get at this time? How many different ones are there? Are they relatively affordable? Will a bad one leave the game dead in the water or otherwise unplayable? How easy is it to repair them? Is there a list of parts for each and every one? Is the info out there so the aftermarket can make them or a tech can figure out what's wrong with it?

Tend to get pricey, depends on which ones go out. May leave pin disabled if a board corrupts the cpu. Not sure how often that actually happens, others can offer better info.

Easy to swap out, simple unscrew. Is BKSOR still the current gen nodes? Isn’t Stern launching next gen nodes soon?

#13 9 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Easy to swap out, simple unscrew.

Well, that's pretty much a given.

I can pull a whole Williams driver board out in a couple minutes. And lucky me, I have most of the parts on hand to repair one. And need only basic tools to do so. My Stern Whitestars and SAMs were the same way. And some nice diagrams that tell me what each component is, part of the game it works, and where it goes.

I could not find any of that when I purchased a BM66, not even online.

#15 9 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, that's pretty much a given.
I can pull a whole Williams driver board out in a couple minutes. And lucky me, I have most of the parts on hand to repair one. And need only basic tools to do so. My Stern Whitestars and SAMs were the same way. And some nice diagrams that tell me what each component is, part of the game it works, and where it goes.
I could not find any of that when I purchased a BM66, not even online.

While that’s all true Professor Falken, I’m sure we’ve done plenty of repairs. But if these questions are asked it’s usually from someone less battle-hardened.

Great to have you back, btw.

#16 9 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

While that’s all true Professor Falken, I’m sure we’ve done plenty of repairs. But if these questions are asked it’s usually from someone less battle-hardened.
Great to have you back, btw.

Thanks, but I honestly don't look like Falken. I did see that pic. lol.

Sometimes when I am up super late, like when the rotordaves are here, I get carried away and start to slightly show my age. In the morning I'm back to teenager again. But I'm not really sure how old Falken really is. I guess he was cool though.

#17 9 days ago

Awesome movie, awesome character. You did great saving the world from annihilation.

I’m sure your much better looking in person but I don’t swing that way, so I’ll take your word for it.

69CA2C69-BFB2-4BB3-A6EF-AF43908E861A.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside