Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by slither
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

hey there, im looking at a Black Knight, powers on and plays but once you get using the flippers the game shuts down. I ran Into this before on my Devils Dare, was a capacitor under the pf. The mpu and driver were replaced with a single rottendog board. I am thinking its a capacitor on the power supply that feeds the flippers, any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

I'm assuming that you mean that during a game when you hit a flipper button(s) the game resets; i.e goes into attract/game over mode. If this is the case I would check the diodes on all 4 flippers first-from what I hear this will cause a game to reset like that.

#3 9 years ago

Check that you're gettin 5 volt regulator

#4 9 years ago

I have a black knight with the rottendog mpu board also. I have that same exact issue. I have replaced all the caps on my power supply and all the other upgrades according to vids guide to upgrading Williams sys 7 boards. and it will sometimes reset in middle of the game, and lately the displays will turn off but if I switch the game off and back on they work and I can play again. not sure where im going with this but thought maybe a little more info might help in troubleshooting.

#5 9 years ago

wow I was thinking caps on the power supply board, now I am wondering if its a glitch in the rottendog board, the guy told me it started after swapping out the originals, mpu/driver. Thanks for the info everyone, I may pass on this particular BK, he wants 1800 lol and it doesnt work properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-shutting-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.