(Topic ID: 143825)

Black Knight - Score Locations (Informational)

By Pepse25

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BK_Points_Locations.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pepse25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Attached an image of all the points locations found so far in the rom, in case anyone was ever interested in changing them.

Checksum will need to be updated in order for it to pass the diagnostic test, otherwise boots up fine since System 7 doesn't validate the rom at startup.

there probably is a better location for this topic, I just liked it here more for some reason.

BK_Points_Locations.jpg

1 week later
#3 4 years ago

Points seem like the easiest to change so far without rewriting sections of the Williams custom based language script of assembly game logic.

Chip locations:
>IC14 : Game Rom 1 : E000 - E7FF
>IC26 : Game Rom 2 : D800 - DFFF

Main goal was to make a tournament ready version with fixed mystery score (completed) and to eject the locked balls at the end of each player. Also wouldn't mind trying to fix a few bugs I've seen so far (L-4).
1. after all of the upper playfields left bank of drop down targets have been hit, during the second or two before it resets, if a ball goes down the left inside lane, you will receive 10,000 points.
2. after all of the lower playfields left bank of drop down targets have been hit, the ball could end up staying in the lower playfield multi-pall eject hole a few seconds longer than normal.

Believe I saw an all-in-one device that was to merge all of these together, don't know about the current status, last I checked, believe they were trying to get licensing rights from PPS for the software. I'm dabbling on my own, less intuitive design that uses the unused 40pin expansion port on the CPU board, and remade the magna-save relay boards, and a very low to-do on maybe home make a new transformer for it.

That's about it for now, it's a slow process since it's all done in spare time.

#5 4 years ago

I believe it was, all I've been using is excel and an 6800 assembler I managed to find.
one could replace the entire memory map at the expense of losing write lock on the nvram of the game settings when the door is shut. still a small idea project.

If anyone wants to see what I've found so far, this link should work.
http://pinball.rpgcor.com/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 210.00
Playfields
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pepse25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside