Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190717_072224 (resized).jpg
20190717_072016 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Well I bought a pretty rough BK fairly cheap, that is going to need a ton of work. It does not work, and will need a PF hard-cap, and cabinet re-painting, plus the usual stuff. Likely gonna need boards too. It will power up, but wont boot into ready-mode. Only thing that turns on, is the GI, and there is a "2" being shown on the 7-seg display on the CPU, and a speaker hum. Nothing else.

First I am trying to make all of the cable connections. Would it be possible for you guys to look at the following pics, and maybe answer to where these two wires go? Yes I know where to get a schematic, but I will bet you guys know off of the top of your heads...the answers.

Also I am seeing lots of bulging caps on the boards. Obviously those need to be replaced. So is there a list of the "usual suspects" that just need to be replaced right off of the bat for SYS-7? I would just assume do this from the jump, and try to rule those issues out, or maybe can I get a link? Ive got a professional solder and vacuum-assisted station and, a greatdeal of Pin experience, most of which is EM related. Not done much work on SS for this bad of a pin.

Gonna be a long journey, and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

20190717_072016 (resized).jpg20190717_072016 (resized).jpg20190717_072224 (resized).jpg20190717_072224 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

I can’t answer your question, but good luck with the restore! I’m looking forward to tackling some of the challenges you are facing once I find the right project. Hope I can be of more help down the road. I’m sure it will look great when you are done!

#4 4 years ago

Vid's guide is where I'm starting with my BK once I get the caps replaced on the power board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6

Looks pretty important that we fuse the solenoid and lamp rectifiers early on in the restore process.

2 months later
#5 4 years ago

Thanks for those resources guys.

Now I need several shots of the inside of the cabinet to reinstall objects and to properly route a new grounding braid. Can anyone please provide these?

Thanks

2 months later
#6 4 years ago

Anybody have any pics of the lower playfield WITHOUT the upper one attached? Everything I have found for a stripped PF has the upper one attached.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-restoration-underway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.