P1010003.JPG
IMG_4256.JPG
service position.jpg
BKSide.JPG
BKField.JPG
20140722_192558.jpg
20140722_192438.jpg
20140722_192401.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boise_d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Hi guys, got a BK yesterday. What's the best way to prop up the playfield for working underneath?

#16 9 years ago

It does, and that works okay. I've heard you should limit using that as it puts too much pressure on one side. I'm trying to go vertical so I can work underneath. I've been too chicken to remove the whole playfield so far.

#17 9 years ago

I'll go look again for a notch. Thanks Vid

#19 9 years ago

Yeah, that's what I found and did too. It could slide, but it didn't. Interesting to see the improvements they made later.
I'm getting tempted to take the whole playfield out for work. I'm getting more and more comfortable working on these, with lots of reading time on Pinside. I can't begin to express how grateful I am for this site and the members who post.

What did you do about batteries? Remote holder? With or without diode? Memory holder? They seem to be out of stock at mouser and Great Plains. The battery thing is bugging me for my machines, because I don't know for sure whether or not I need a damn diode. I just read my ops manual cover to cover, and it doesn't say whether or not it uses alcaline or rechargeable.
Black knight
Taxi
Jokerz

1 week later
#21 9 years ago

wow - BK needs lots of work, but what a fun game.
1. I think I have issues with both of my troughs. Are those difficult to swap out for the microswitch ones?
2. Is there a trick to getting under the upper playfield?
3. Is this an original bumper cap? The broken spot in this picture is the only thing wrong.

Post edited by Boise_D: better picture

IMG_4256.JPGIMG_4256.JPG
1 week later
#23 9 years ago

My BK needs work for sure. Hopefully this group can help. I've also found a few great blogs out there.
I still haven't figured out how to get to the lower lock hole. I'm sure I'll figure it out when I start removing ramps. I noticed that the kicker that ejects the ball to the shooter lane is sharp and worn. If anyone know where I can find just that part, or the assembly please let me know. Marco is sold out. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-9361-R-5. I'm surprised that these are metal and pointed where they strike the ball. Doesn't that ding the ball, and lead to playfield wear? I thought maybe there would be a hard plastic cap or cover on that thing.

Also, after reading Vids flipper guide several times, I see that Black Knight is exactly the opposite of what Vid recommends. Coils facing the wrong way, and on mine, the leaf switch has the extra support he recommends, but it seems to be supporting the wrong side! It is on the same side as where the switch is struck. My flippers work okay, so I might get away with just replacing links and sleeves, but I'd be missing out on coil stops. Opposite the coil stops, does anyone know where to find the rubber stops? Some of mine are missing. Or, if I were to replace the entire assembly, which kit should I buy?

When I'm trying to assess this project, I can almost hear the black knight laughing...

#24 9 years ago

Hard to believe this thread is quiet. I've been playing my Black Knight more than working on it. This game rocks

#26 9 years ago

A repro playfield would be nice. I was wondering if a good cleaning, followed by clear coat would help even out the bumpy inserts. I know nothing about clear coating.

2 weeks later
#30 9 years ago

Just installed my Cliffys yesterday. On the upper lock cliffy, there is a hole on the left side, that makes me think a screw should be present inside the V of the metal ball guide. Sure enough, there appears to be a mark on the playfield where something was once there. What do you guys have in yours?

#32 9 years ago

Thanks Hans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boise_d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-repairs?tu=boise_d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.