Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by StratDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I'd guess you have a bad chip for the settings memory issue. Do you have power at the chip? If it comes to replacing it, consider putting an NVRAM kit in.

The sound issue might be the PIA on the sound board or maybe the amp is dead. See if you have an AMI branded PIA - they are notoriously bad. Do you get an audio thump when switching on? If not, consider the amp or speaker.

For the lights, if you have other GI I'd be thinking connectors, maybe bad sockets.

#7 6 years ago

The audio thump indicates you're getting power on the sound board and the amp is working. The advice on checking for Scanbe sockets is good. Like the AMI PIA chips, they are notoriously bad. Did you check the PIA brand?

If you have a logic probe or a scope, you could check both the CPU and PIA lines for activity.

#9 6 years ago

Those switches go through 2J13 on the driver board if I'm not mistaken. I think they're listed as the Special Switches and I believe they go direct to the CPU. I assume you pulled the driver and CPU boards to swap the battery holder. If so, I'd check the following things: 2J13 connector and header and the 40 pin interconnect. Look for cracked solder joints on both sides and you could lightly burnish the pins to clean them up a bit. I'd suspect the 40 pin first, especially if it hasn't been rebuilt. Those boards flex a lot when being handled and they're often old and worn out. That's typically one of the first bulletproofing steps recommended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1,059.00
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-project?tu=toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.