Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Fytr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My BK has begun having strange issues, it is getting old, maybe it's pinball senility?

If I leave the machine on for a bit, it starts playing the attract sound / background sound continuously, even though I have that disabled in the settings.

If I start a game, at first the sounds will be correct, but after a bit it will start playing the wrong sounds for different events. Like, it will play the tilt sound for the slingshots. Basically all the sounds will be wrong eventually, but the game continues to play fine all the while.

Was thinking maybe a memory problem, or possibly it could use some new capacitors on sound board as it also developers a background hum that gets louder the longer the machine is on (heats up).

Any advice is appreciated!

#2 7 years ago

Bump..

Nobody's ever had this happen before?

#3 7 years ago

I've been having a similar problem with my Eight Ball Champ. When I first fire it up, all the call-outs are wrong. Then after a game or two, it corrects itself and plays just fine after that. Damndest thing.

#4 7 years ago

I think I solved it by reseating the connectors and pressing down on any socketed chips on the sound board.

...shout out to vintageclub for this post in the Black Knight thread that gave me the idea: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/12#post-3315396

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-playing-the-wrong-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.