12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8465.JPG

#1 12 years ago

If you have a system 6 power supply board in your system 7 machine, do you have an extra connector NOT being used, i.e. plugged in anywhere?

I have the system 6 power supply. Also have a two wire plug NOT plugged in anywhere and I'm thinking it WOULD go to a system 7 power board, but since it's not there, it's not needed.

Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

Just a thought...could it be something silly that you don't notice not working? Something like the bell maybe? Not that it would have plugged directly into the power supply though...

#3 12 years ago

I've scoured the machine and cant find where it would go. And everything seems to work just fine. I did notice this connector at the prior owner's too (in that it was unplugged there as well).

The only thing that isn't working are two of the GI lights, but the other GI's work fine.

#4 12 years ago

THis is the stray connector: one wire is red, the other orange/brown.

8465.JPG8465.JPG

2 years later
#5 9 years ago

I know this is a very old thread, but I just wanted to comment on what this connector is. This is the control connector for the G.I. relay. It's in early Black Knights, with System 6 power supplies. There should be a connector on the relay, that is behind the guys pinky finger. The G.I. will work without being connected, but you won't get the Flashing of the whole G.I. when the Black Knight goes into multiball mode. Sometimes these are disabled because the the Q35 transistor is blown, or the diode on the relay is bad. Which in turn causes the solenoid (F2) fuse to blow. The machine still works without this connection, you just don't get the full light visuals.

#6 9 years ago

I still got the stobing effect with out that connector.

Some models of bk had that stray connector that wasn't used as the relay had the gi soldered direct.

Just depends on which boards were used.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.