Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 81 days ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 86 days ago

Can anyone tell me where and what transistor drives the lower right flipper on Black Knight? I have a parts manual but it isn't very clear and I can't figure out what transistor is for the lower right flipper.

Thanks in advance

#2 86 days ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Can anyone tell me where and what transistor drives the lower right flipper on Black Knight? I have a parts manual but it isn't very clear and I can't figure out what transistor is for the lower right flipper.

Thanks in advance

The flippers in classic solid state games are not transistor driven. A transistor is used to drive a relay that enables/disables *all* flippers.

#3 86 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

The flippers in classic solid state games are not transistor driven. A transistor is used to drive a relay that enables/disables *all* flippers.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Is there a component that drives the coil? I'm looking to increase the power of my lower right flipper. The flippers have been rebuilt. I recently replaced the header pins and connector on the power board for the 28v. This seems to have helped the left flipper but not the right flipper.

#4 86 days ago

have you measured the voltage at the flippers?

did you replace the original coils?

#5 86 days ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Is there a component that drives the coil?

Nope just switch contacts and the relay. Did you replace the switches when you rebuilt? They might need to be filed as some come with a bit of oil residue.

Also do not expect newer style power to make the left ramp from a cradle you have to be spot on. You should be able to make it from a rolling ball easier.

Check the ramp itself to make sure it's not screwed too far down you want a gentle angle between the PF and the ramp.

#6 86 days ago

Yeah, that left ramp is a tough shot, but you don’t want to juice the flippers, otherwise you’re going to beat the hell out of the lower playfield.

#7 85 days ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

have you measured the voltage at the flippers?
did you replace the original coils?

I have not measured the voltage at the flippers. The left flipper was weak and wouldn't make the far right ramp until I installed new header pins and new connector on the power supply board.

I did not install new coils but an owner prior to me did. I looked up the original part # coils and they installed the correct part # coils.

#8 85 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Yeah, that left ramp is a tough shot, but you don’t want to juice the flippers, otherwise you’re going to beat the hell out of the lower playfield.

That is a good point about beating up the lower playfield if I juice up the flippers.

#9 85 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Nope just switch contacts and the relay. Did you replace the switches when you rebuilt? They might need to be filed as some come with a bit of oil residue.
Also do not expect newer style power to make the left ramp from a cradle you have to be spot on. You should be able to make it from a rolling ball easier.
Check the ramp itself to make sure it's not screwed too far down you want a gentle angle between the PF and the ramp.

The flippers were rebuilt prior to me owning the game but they did replace the end of stroke switches. I used a smooth switch contact cleaning tool with some rubbing alcohol on it. Is the smooth contact cleaning tool what I am supposed to be using to clean the end of stroke switches or should I use something more aggressive like a metal file?

Even if I'm spot on the ball makes it most of the way up the ramp but not to the top and the ball comes back down. Very good point and idea about checking the ramp to make sure it's not screwed down too far creating a lip; I will definitely check this.

#10 85 days ago

Yes high voltage tungsten switches need a file.

#11 81 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes high voltage tungsten switches need a file.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I thought a file was needed on flipper switches but I couldn't remember for sure. I filed the EOS and cabinet switches, seems to have made power a slight bit better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Crofton, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.