(Topic ID: 251384)

Black Knight: Lower Eject Hole (Multiball) weak?

By kevinclark

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1572838189.png
#1 4 years ago

I’ve nearly got my black knight playable! The flippers are now working ok (not great, but I’ve got rebuild kits coming). Unfortunately when I shoot the multiball lock on the lower play field any ejection goes directly down the trough. There’s no way for a flipper to catch it.

The arm that hits the ball looked like it might be slight askew so I moved it closer to the center of the trap hole, but there’s no change.

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Bend the arm to aim the ball where you want.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

I’ve moved the arms to both sides of the gap available and see no change. I’m not sure positioning matters at all in this case - the ball pops out but hardly hits the barrier and rolls straight down rather than ricocheting.

#4 4 years ago

I would bend this metal ball guide to the left so it directs the ball more toward the left flipper. Probably gonna take some trial and error, but that should hopefully do it.

1572838189.png1572838189.png
#5 4 years ago

Yes it is definitely moving along the right railing, just need to tweak it out a bit, and of course assuming the game is perfectly level already.

#6 4 years ago

I would pull the mech apart, clean the old grease off the pivot point. Lightly lube with some silicone grease. New coil sleeve. Inspect the coil stop and plunger for mushrooming. Replace as needed. If it still shoots SDTM, then bend the ball guide.

2 weeks later
#7 4 years ago

You could also try bending the rail to the right, so that the ball bounces off that rubber post..

1 month later
#8 4 years ago

Turned out the machine just wasn’t level. Playing much better now, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-lower-eject-hole-multiball-weak?hl=pincoder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.