• Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fuse breaker.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I've owned pins for quite a while, but I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to repair. I'm learning though. So the GI lighting went out in my Black Knight, both on the playfield and the backglass lights, save for the backglass flashers. Checked the fuses, connections, nothing obvious. I'd love some tips on what to look at next. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Did you pull the fuses and check them with a meter? Visual is not good enough, and you have to at least pull one side of the fuse out to check them with a meter.

Also check the connectors for the GI for burns, melting, or hacks.

#3 9 years ago

I metered them in-board, I'll trying pulling each one and doing that, thanks! I rebuilt the connectors last Summer and don't see any new burning. I feel like it's something simple like this I'm not spotting.

#4 9 years ago

Check the values also and make sure they are in-spec.

#5 9 years ago

Check voltages starting at one end, and work your way to the other. Start at the transformer or a bulb socket, doesn't matter which. Eventually you'll find the failed component(s).

#6 9 years ago

If you have a bulb shorted out in a socket, it will take out All of the GI. I know, as it happened to me last week. Good luck~Spooky

#7 9 years ago

Yes, but that should take out the GI fuse too.

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

I had the same issue when I changed all of the bulbs to #47 and spent time checking everything. I had previously checked the 20A fuse & it had tested + on my fusetester. However, although the fuse appeared in perfect shape, I decided to check for continuity and it was negative. Replaced the fuse & GI lights worked. It is possible that there may have been a short caused by me (with 1 of the sockets) and I checked all sockets prior to the fuse replacement. I hope you solve your issue as it is very frustrating when there are only a couple of reasons that the GI lights will not work.

#9 9 years ago

Pull your fuse and check for voltage right at the incoming side of the fuse block.

If you don't have voltage there, then you know the problem is before the block.

If you DO have voltage there, then you move along the GI and find it.

These are your friends for this kind of work:

fuse breaker.jpgfuse breaker.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-lights-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.