Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Weird issue started today, any help is appreciated! The video below illustrates the problem, it looks like ghosting in the sword, all LED lights in there are flashing at about 30% brightness simultaneously with other bulbs in their programmed sequences on the lower playfield. The sword lights are also following their proper sequence at 100% brightness. Figure it may be something going bad on a board? Wires crossed?

#2 7 years ago

Are the led bulbs a new addition ?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Are the led bulbs a new addition ?

No, they've been in for years.

#4 7 years ago

Odd.
And it just started doing that ?
I know some games of that era will ghost ..
But if it never did ?

#5 7 years ago

Yes, just started. If it helps, the sword lights are all daisy chained together as one piece. It's almost as if the sword is getting half the signal from another piece's programming.

#6 7 years ago

check that socket voltage tabs aren't touching/bridged to ground or something like that

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

check that socket voltage tabs aren't touching/bridged to ground or something like that

Thanks! Where would those be?

#8 7 years ago

On the daisy chained row of sockets on the sword. I'd say you have voltage leaking in from somewhere else.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

On the daisy chained row of sockets on the sword. I'd say you have voltage leaking in from somewhere else.

Thanks! I'll look at it. Is ghosting bad for the machine in any way, or just cosmetically weird?

1 year later
#10 6 years ago

I have a similar issue with my Black Knight. I replaced the incandescent bulbs with white LEDs, but I decided the look of red LEDs would give it more pop. I put the white LEDs into another machine. Later, I noticed a similar issue as this with the red LEDs. I bought another set of red LED bulbs and it's exactly the same. Were you able to figure out what the issue was?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from grendle308:

Weird issue started today, any help is appreciated! The video below illustrates the problem, it looks like ghosting in the sword, all LED lights in there are flashing at about 30% brightness simultaneously with other bulbs in their programmed sequences on the lower playfield. The sword lights are also following their proper sequence at 100% brightness. Figure it may be something going bad on a board? Wires crossed?

Your transistor for the row of lights is likely blown on the board. I had this on a Jackbot.

EDIT: Looking at the lamp matrix you've got issues on all of the rows and columns. Likely not a single transistor, so maybe the Lamp Matrix 6820/6821 PIA chip at IC10, which is above all those transistors and would affect everything as you see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-le-led-ghosting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.