View topic image gallery

IMG_20210227_104358931 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210227_104407184 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174215571 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174326431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174336869 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174159889 (resized).jpg
1331481702.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talonslair.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with the flippers. None of them work at all. The machine boots into attract mode but I don't hear the relay click at power up. What happens upon power up is the lower kick out will keep kicking even if there are no balls resting on the switch. The switch is clean and the contacts are not touching when there is no ball on it. The balls are resting in the trough by the plunger where they are supposed to be at game start. If I start a game, the kick out will stop. I'll hit a few targets and what not to simulate a game being played and then let the ball drain. After the game is over it is back in attract mode like usual and the lower kick out doesn't engage. It will only keep engaging when I first turn on the machine. Sometimes when I drain a ball it will engage twice but then stops. Both magna saves work properly. I'm getting power to all 4 flipper coils, (checked it with my meter). I've attached a lead of wire to ground and momentarily touched the ground lug for each flipper coil and they all fire. The flippers have been completely rebuilt except for the coils with the fliptronics style per Vid's guide. They are wired correctly. The EOS switches look correct. Closed at flipper rest, open when the flippers are manually moved. Gapped correctly. It has a new power supply from Pinball PCB. The flipper input and output are good. The fuses are good. I saw another post where it might be a ground issue but I'm not sure. I tried to bypass the flipper relay by attaching a ground to the 2 orange wires at the female connector for J12, (would be pins 1 & 2), and should be able to get the flipper to work in attract mode. They don't. I'm at a loss on what to try next. Any help would be appreciated. I don't have a lot of time during the week to work on this machine but I check these boards regularly and will answer any questions as soon as possible.

A little back story on what else has been done to this machine:
I've done a lot to this machine the past few years. All of the male and female connectors have been replaced on every board, (except the new power supply of course). The 40 pin interconnect has been replaced, (male and female). It is completely bullet proofed per Vid's guides,(NVRAM, special solenoids saver board, safety fuses, the whole 9 yards). The playfield has been touched up and clear coated. I had an issue with the machine not booting but have fixed that. Turned it was a bad flipper rom at IC17. Everything in the game works properly except the flippers. This is my last hurdle to get my poor old Black Knight riding again. He's had a long rest and is ready to fight.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Do you have continuity between the orange wires at the flipper button switches up to those 2 orange wires on connector J12 of the driver board?

Yes I do for both flippers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talonslair.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-le-flipper-woes?tu=talonslair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.