View topic image gallery

IMG_20210227_104358931 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210227_104407184 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174215571 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174326431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174336869 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210226_174159889 (resized).jpg
1331481702.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Do you have continuity between the orange wires at the flipper button switches up to those 2 orange wires on connector J12 of the driver board?

#4 3 years ago

Are the eos and/or cabinet switches new?

#17 3 years ago

Perhaps you have a short between pins 6 and 7 on 2J3? Try measuring resistance between those two pins with the connector removed. All the switches you're talking about are next to each other on the switch matrix diagram:
1331481702.png1331481702.png

#20 3 years ago

I'd get a close look at the soldering between those 2 pins, they may be bridged or shorted together somehow.

#22 3 years ago

Excellent!!! I had a somewhat similar issue on a game a while back that made me think of that. Glad you got it fixed!

I'm kind of at a loss as to the flipper problem though. I would have thought grounding the orange wires at J12 would allow you to use the flipper buttons to activate the flippers. How did you attach the orange wires to ground?

Only other thing i can think of is to try some fine sandpaper on all the new EOS switches, new ones often have some sort of residue or something that can cause them to act flaky initially. You'll figure it out soon--there's only so many things it can be!

#25 3 years ago

I'm starting to suspect it could possibly be wiring as well. Definitely send some pics when you get the chance.

I think your testing procedures were correct. I usually have read that grounding the non-banded lug at the end of the coil should cause the coil to fire. Grounding the middle lug should work too though. May be worth trying each. Don't ground the wire on the banded side, of course! That will blow the flipper fuse. If all the EOS are new (and check good for continuity when closed) and the flippers stopped working after replacing them, I'm guessing it could just be a wiring mix-up.

Not sure what to say about the flipper relay except i don't think it's suppose to activate except during gameplay and in certain steps of the diagnostics. The fact you can't get them to flip even with the relay bypassed makes me think the problem might just be with the flippers, and the relay and associated circuit *might* be ok.

#27 3 years ago

Wiring looks correct to me. Have you tried running the coil test as frenchmarky suggested to see if you hear the flipper relay turn on/off? That still wouldn't explain the flippers not working though. Have you tried grounding the middle lug and non-banded lugs of each flipper coil? Tried sanding the eos switches?

Here's an odd question: have you re-pinned the power connector that supplies the +28vdc to the flipper coils? Connector 3J3 on the power supply board.

What voltage are you getting at the coils? Same voltage at all 3 lugs of each one?

#29 3 years ago

Lol, great work!!! Congrats on getting it over the finish line!

It makes me happy to know another Knight rides again! BK was the first pin in my collection, and it's bolted to the floor!

Enjoy!

#32 3 years ago

You're welcome!! It's my pleasure to be able to help out--as so many have done for me (and still do!)!

If you get a chance, maybe post a few pics of your newly-working Knight in all it's glory?

#39 3 years ago

I'm the same way with my games--as long as they play well I'm a happy camper. Yours looks good to me, in any case!

Enjoy your Knight!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-le-flipper-woes?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.