image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhillyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

Glad I found this post! Oddly enough my BK is doing the same thing!

#13 8 years ago

Sure enough I have some sparks coming out of that connector when I wiggle the wires while hitting the flipper button! Just curious where did you get the connector and what style did you use for a replacement there?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14 8 years ago

Found one in my stash! Black Knight is working 100% again! Thank to this thread this was the fastest fix ever! If anyone needs me I'll be playing Black Knight for the next few hours!!

#15 8 years ago

Well that was short lived now when the ball drains it's popping the solenoid fuse! Back to the books!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Oh man, it's always something right? Did you ever come up with the source of your problem where the fuse is blowing when the ball drains?

Actually yes! I think I'm on the trail of that as well. I had the PF and poking around with the meter just testing and looking at stuff. When I got around the pop bumper it was randomly pop. Then I wiggled the harness and it seemed like the pop bumper was laboring hard. Next thing you know the fuse popped. So I completely removed the pop bumper assembly and disconnected it all and no more blown fuses! It looked like the wires for the light were nasty coming through the PF. So I ordered pretty much everything to rebuild the pop bumper. Switch, new lamp socket, diode, coil, sleeve, and I'm going to install all that when it comes in and hopefully that was it. I played a dozen or so games since I removed the pop bumper and it's playing as it should with no popping of the 2.5amp fuse. It's strange playing it with no pop bumper up top! Changes the entire game around.

#18 8 years ago

Some pics of my findings!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhillyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-le-1980-left-flippers-not-working?tu=PhillyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.