3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200720-071530_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchmitz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

so...I got a BK as part of the sale of my black rose- it has a rottendog mpu and power supply. So I had no gen illumination, replacing connector solved that. I also had no sound- not even a hum, so the TDA2002 was bad- replaced that but no speech- replaced 2 sockets on speech board that were bad, found a broken pin on a sound rom, cut a donor pin for new socket and soldered (not my favorite method bu I have been in the biz a loooong time) speech is back. here is what I have now- sound board test seems ok, all regular sounds I can tell and speech- in attract mode it does talk but doesnt do the laughter- when coining, no sound- starting a game, speech but no sound at all. gameplay- speech but no sound- if this were wms hardware no issue- but I have tried for weeks via phone and email and rottendog will not respond-trust me I will NEVER deal with them again, because that is beyond sorry. I know there were issues with BK and their boards, but I have no idea what or how to identify which board I am just unfortunately married to them at this point. Other than the missing laughter which is probaqbly the aholes at rottendog not answering phone or email, if the snd board will test and I have no sounds in game but do have speech on start, I am thinking this way- this is triggered by commas, so if the snd bd can produce the snd which it obviously can then it is not being triggered- only 2 options- bad pia, so it could theoretically work on its own, or no trigger from mpu- which is why I wanted to talk to rottendog aholes. Obviously I can get a logic probe and check the lines during game play but theoreticall it could even be a switch issue- which is why I want to know what the compatibility issue is - my board has BK screened on it so I assume its ok??? The missing laughter in attract is another issue that deals with either a rom or disrete signal. Not worried abt that right now- can someone PLEASE tell me about the rottendog boards and BK or tell me ow to contact them before I go down a rabbit hole here? And yes I do not want to swap pia because even with 2k worth of solder-desolder equipment I lost half a pad on top on 4 traces, and I do not want to monkey with this shit boards.

#3 3 years ago

I was afraid of that. How do you tell on the rottendogs- were none incompatible for a few were? obviously it isnt sending the comma signals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSchmitz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-help-?tu=PSchmitz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.