• Latest reply 5 years ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

black knight. had bad mpu from acid. replaced with one from firepower II . appears to work correctly, but if i lock 3 ball in the top for multiball, only one pops out, the other 2 sit there. if i lock 2 up there, and hit the lower lock next to( and behind) the center drops, the balls goes in and sits there.now ive got 3 balls locked, stuck there, and unplayable game. if the lower lock light isnt on, it will go in and pop out. if i turn the game off, and back on it will eject the lower locked ball. 2 upper balls dont eject. i think thats ok? i will start a game like that. switches test perfectly in switch mode.solenoids too. if i start a new game with all 3 locked in the top, only one one comes out. main problem is locking all 3 at top, one ejects, no multiball, and locking 2 at top, and lower lock traps all 3 balls, and they stay there.

thanks

#2 5 years ago

Are there game specific jumpers or 0 ohm resistors that you would need to change between the two?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

thats a good question. i m using the same driver, it has zero ohm resistors. i also tried another driver board i used jumpers in place of zero ohm resistors. where did you get that pic from? are those mpu jumpers? id like to see where that came from in its entirety.

thanks

#4 5 years ago

i found the jumper sections in both the black knight and firepower II manuals. they are jumper'd the same, no help there. but thanks

#5 5 years ago

Sounds like a switch issue. BK needs three perfectly working lock switches up top and three perfectly working lower trough switches to work properly. If they aren't working properly, the game gets confused.

Pop all the drops up, remove the balls, and go into the switch test. All switches should be open at this point. Roll a ball into the lower trough and make sure the first trough switch works. Then roll a second ball in and make sure both trough switches are working. Then add the third ball and make sure all 3 are working and staying closed. Now, reach under the playfield and activate shooter lane eject throwing a ball into the shooter lane. Now make sure the first two trough switches and the shooter lane and staying closed. Then take the ball from the shooter lane and put it into the top lock, making sure all 3 switches are registering. Then take another ball from the lower trough and put it into the top lock, making sure all 3 switches close. Take the final ball from the lower trough and place in the top lock, making sure all 3 top switches are registering.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnut:

i found the jumper sections in both the black knight and firepower II manuals. they are jumper'd the same, no help there. but thanks

The manual may have the same jumper info, but did you actually look at the board to confirm it is jumpered correctly?
Also, what is adjustment 37 set to? I dont know what the conservative multiball settings are for bk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-head-scratcher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.