(Topic ID: 238635)

Black Knight Function 37 (Multiball Difficulty) Explanation?

By malkneil

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by malkneil
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Restoring a Black Knight. I've been tinkering with the game adjustment settings and was looking for a way to make multi-ball more challenging, as the game begins with the lock shot already enabled. I saw function 37 in the manual called "Multi-Ball Difficulty" with settings 00 = Liberal and 01 = Moderate. I tried turning it to moderate (from the default of liberal) and as near as I can tell it just turns off the ability to lock balls altogether. Am I missing something here, or does this setting still allow for multi-ball locking but requires that you first meet some other in-game condition to turn the locks on?

I've scoured the 'net and I've found no reference anywhere to what this setting means as far as how it affects the game play.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

With it on moderate you need to shoot the turnaround on the lower playfield to light your locks. Way better this way imo

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

With it on moderate you need to shoot the turnaround on the lower playfield to light your locks. Way better this way imo

Ugh, horrible this way. Even worse with the "get each drop bank down once" to light them.

All lit, all the time. That's kind of the point of BK. No arcade when I was growing up had BK set to anything other than locks lit at all times. If they did I wouldn't have played it, especially at 50¢ a pop!

#4 5 years ago

Locks always lit mean you're always in multiball. Game never ends.

Quoted from slochar:

Even worse with the "get each drop bank down once" to light them.

That isn't even an option.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Locks always lit mean you're always in multiball. Game never ends.

That isn't even an option.

Thanks zacaj, that was it. I also have to agree with you that there's way too much multiball with locks always lit. Once you get good at what I call the 'jug handle' shot, you can hit the lock 3 times in a row by deflecting the ball off the top right flip on a plunge and making the jug handle. Rinse and repeat.

#6 5 years ago

Can you still lock all 3 up top on moderate, or do you need to lock 2 up top and one below?

#7 5 years ago

You can lock all 3 up top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-function-37-explained?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.