Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Toddman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Diode_(resized).jpg
IMG_0325_(resized).jpg
IMG_0324_(resized).jpg
Driver_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

In the upper play field the left bank of drop targets lower arrow is on when you start a new game, not fully bright but on. Ones you knock all 3 targets down on the upper play field the left bank the lower arrow lights bright.

I have replaced IC19, Q47,Q46 and S1 still have the same issue.

Lamp test it turns off and on like it should, during attraction move it flickers on and off almost like it has a 3 positions Off, On, On correct brightness, delays fully off.

What might be causing this?

Driver_(resized).jpg

IMG_0324_(resized).jpg

IMG_0325_(resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

That's an LED, yes? Put incandescents back in there and see if it goes away.

#3 3 years ago

Yes it is an LED, it does not do it with an incandescent.

#4 3 years ago

Try rotating the LED in the socket 180 degrees

#5 3 years ago

No difference, tried a different LED same thing

#6 3 years ago

Any idea?

#7 3 years ago

I'm tapped. I have never used LEDs in a pin.

#8 3 years ago

what causes this?

#9 3 years ago

Maybe there is a short between a row in the light matrix causing it to turn on with another?
speculation as I see row two of the light matrix contains the ball in play light which is practically always on, shared with the top left center arrow.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks for the input, i was able to track down the problem today. What i found was a bad Diode on the "#2" Bonus light, the Diode checked fine with my volt meter but seamed to leak low power back into the Red/Brown wire causing the drop target arrow LED to be dimly lit. Not enough power to light an incandescent bulb.

So this is how I tacked it down, I checked all the diodes but to now avail. I decided to un-solder the two Red/Brown wires from the arrow that was lit but shouldn't be. I then powered up the machine and started a game, when i touched one of the two wires back to the terminal I removed them from the light came back on, when i touched the other Red/Brown wire nothing happened, so I knocked down the 3 targets and the light came on like it should. With one of the Red/Brown wire still off i switched the game off and back on to put it into attraction mode and looked to see what other lights were off with this one wire disconnected, the "#2" Bonus light was not on, so i reconnected the Red/Brown wire to the arrow and unconnected them from the "#2" Bonus light. I then powered up the machine and started a game again the drop target light was no longer lit until i touched one of the Red/Brown wire to the #2 Bonus terminal then the drop target arrow light came back on and it shouldn't have unless power was back feeding, decided to change the Diode hooked the wires back up and all was good. This also corrected some other issues i was having with LED's, all is good now.

Diode_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakewood, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside