• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170711_105326 (resized).jpg
20170711_105302 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone. .I have a black knight 2000 that I recently purchased and started bringing back to life. The problem I'm having is with the drawbridge. When the ball hits any of the three Targets on the drawbridge, no sound is made, and none of the lights that are flashing, meaning each light ,one two and three for each target to the drawbridge turn solid on the playfield. They stay flashing like it didn't even register . It used to work and then slowly it just stopped. The motor still works. It's like the only time the drawbridge lowers is when you Get Lucky when you hit the lightning wheel. Kind of stumped at where to look for the problem on this that's why I'm asking you guys if you can help. thank you so much

#2 6 years ago

Check the wiring to each of those three switches by lifting up the upper playfield. Also I think that connects to an interconnect board below the lower playfield. Check each of those wires for continuity and verify all 6 wires have a connection. If so trace those connections on the interconnect board and verify continuity within the board is correct. (IE no burned traces on the interconnect board below the lower playfield). Do any of those three switches work during switch test? Also when you turn the game on if you use the self test report does it report those three switches are out?

#3 6 years ago

Thank you darcangeloel for responding..I will check game out as soon as I can get back to it..out of town at the moment. ..I'll get back to you on the switch and self tests as well. I saw it go into a test report before, but that's when I had a broken wire on the drawbridge #3 target. The wire just needed to be resoldered. When the game started up the #3 light was constantly on. Now game starts up in freeplay mode ,and light flashes again. ..also when I started the game I noticed pressing the left flipper ,I hear a sound of glass breaking( besides the normal klak sound).but right flippers just normal sound. After about 40-50 seconds it stops making the sound of broken glass. Is this normal? just thought that was kinda weird...again thank you for the help!. Steve

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from inkslayer:

Thank you darcangeloel for responding..I will check game out as soon as I can get back to it..out of town at the moment. ..I'll get back to you on the switch and self tests as well. I saw it go into a test report before, but that's when I had a broken wire on the drawbridge #3 target. The wire just needed to be resoldered. When the game started up the #3 light was constantly on. Now game starts up in freeplay mode ,and light flashes again. ..also when I started the game I noticed pressing the left flipper ,I hear a sound of glass breaking( besides the normal klak sound).but right flippers just normal sound. After about 40-50 seconds it stops making the sound of broken glass. Is this normal? just thought that was kinda weird...again thank you for the help!. Steve

Cool yeah man check those out and let us know how it turns out. The sound you are hearing sounds like the sound for the status report you get for holding the flipper. If you are not getting the same sound on the right flipper then you should check to see if the right lane change is working as it should. (Do the win / war lights cycle as they should when you use either of the flippers). If the left works for this and the right does not then the right lane change is out. Confirm this either way, if that is an issue I will walk you through how to fix it (I just did it recently with other peoples help). Good luck man. It is an awesome game!

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

Okay so I fixed the problem it was a pinched wire causing a short in the drawbridge now the drawbridge works correctly I will try to get back to it tonight after work to check on those other things but I did see unconnected wires on the bottom by the flippers I will try to take pictures and see if you can help me with that because I do believe the WIN changes only on one side..thanks again darcangeloel

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from inkslayer:

Okay so I fixed the problem it was a pinched wire causing a short in the drawbridge now the drawbridge works correctly I will try to get back to it tonight after work to check on those other things but I did see unconnected wires on the bottom by the flippers I will try to take pictures and see if you can help me with that because I do believe the WIN changes only on one side..thanks again darcangeloel

You got it man. Good find on the pinched wire small stuff like that can be hard to find so way to go man. And yup make sure the EOS and the ganged switch that it is attached to are both hooked up although if they weren't you would know for sure as the top flipper wouldn't work (I did that once and search for hours only to find one of the wires popped off the switch (Very stupid).

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Hello darcangeloel.. well call me dumb I'm trying to figure out how to do the test and I'm pressing these buttons and nothing's happening I don't know if it's because it's in freeplay mode but I'm a little lost I guess I could download the manual and figure it out also my kids were playing the pinball game and said the win and the war lights sometimes go out so now there's yet another problem I have to figure out this thing is driving me to drink also I have a picture of under the Playfield and there's two wires that are cut and I don't know what they are for maybe you might know... also the screw is missing out of the back that locks in the top level can you tell me what screw size that is I want to say it might be a 6 or an 8 but I don't know the threads thanks a lot for all your help sorry it took me awhile to post on this again but I usually work 6 to 7 days a week and my days off have not been what I imagined

20170711_105302 (resized).jpg20170711_105302 (resized).jpg

20170711_105326 (resized).jpg20170711_105326 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8 6 years ago

Q. Hello darcangeloel.. well call me dumb I'm trying to figure out how to do the test and I'm pressing these buttons and nothing's happening I don't know if it's because it's in freeplay mode but I'm a little lost I guess I could download the manual and figure it out.

A. No worries man, I'll make a quick video of this when I get home and post it. If a picture is world 1000 words maybe a video can be worth more.

A. What happens when you first turn on the machine and hit the advance button on the coin door (The button closest to the coin door). It should tell you which switches haven't been registered in several plays. Get a complete list of these and then we can work through them one by one to get the game 100 percent.

Q. also my kids were playing the pinball game and said the win and the war lights sometimes go out so now there's yet another problem I have to figure out

A. I've seen this before, make certain all those connections are solid back to that interconnect board under the play field as that is what supplies all the power to the upper play field I'm betting one of those wires is lose.

Q. this thing is driving me to drink also I have a picture of under the Play field and there's two wires that are cut and I don't know what they are for maybe you might know...

A.Sure do, I had that very same question on my B2k2 when I got it. Those are the Play field Tilt switch wires. Leave them alone . Just stuff them back in where they were as it was very common on this game to not have the play field tilt switch installed from the factory. (This is normal so don't worry).

Q. also the screw is missing out of the back that locks in the top level can you tell me what screw size that is I want to say it might be a 6 or an 8 but I don't know the threads thanks a lot for all your help sorry it took me awhile to post on this again but I usually work 6 to 7 days a week and my days off have not been what I imagined

A. Hmm, If this is the screw I'm thinking of you really don't need it. The upper play field should just rest on the lower play field. I do not have it installed on mine and I have never had an issue. I would only think you would need to install it if you are moving the game. So to answer the question I do not know the size screw but I wouldn't worry about it either way

#9 6 years ago

Awesome thanks for getting back to me. I have one more dilemma besides the light bulbs burning out and having to replace them all the time it's sometimes when my kids are playing the game the ball will go all the way to the end and the game is still running and all the sudden it'll spit out another ball when the ball should have actually ended and my kids can play the game non-stop even if they lose the ball it will keep spitting out more balls

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

Hello again I've noticed that when you get two balls in the drawbridge while you're playing if you loose...the ball exits out at the bottom it will continue to run and spit out another ball endlessly.... any help would be appreciated thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-drawbridge-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.