Topic Stats

• 2,053 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by avspin
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 695 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191005_144247_HDR (resized).jpg
20191015_144659 (resized).jpg
20191015_144737 (resized).jpg
772128C0-11B5-40C1-9B70-90EDB3C351B2 (resized).jpeg
20181027_172012 (resized).jpg
bk bumper post (resized).jpg
BK Glass (resized).jpg
BK_Glass (resized).jpg
BK.jpg
20190811_151632 (resized).jpg
G - 20190915_083856 - Copy (resized).jpg
F - 20190915_094830 - Copy (resized).jpg
E -20190915_083120 (resized).jpg
D - 20190915_083827 (resized).jpg
C - 20190914_135804 (resized).jpg
B - 20190914_135540 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Can a BK owner, please check their BK and see if it has a label that declares what type of fuse should go on the back of the backglass board?
(see pic)
thanks!
-mof

10 amp 32V

Here is my PF, I bought this game NIB back in '06.
Steve played it and he liked it.

BKPF_001.jpg 673255495_6p9VW-M.jpg 673255412_9vanP-M.jpg

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Also, I couldn't find a label for this one in the base rear of the machine... Anyone have a label saying what kind of fuse it should be?
(see pic)
thanks!
-mof

GLH 8 125V

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I used Cointaker 90 degree for he inserts and warm white frosted for the GI. Their super bright and such are just too bright for me. Shouldn't have any flicker issues with any of the bayonet base pieces on the market, I haven't found any that aren't rectified except cheap wedge based stuff.
Mayfair amusements has nos back glasses from an early 90's re-run, very very nice

I think Mayfair is history, the link I have no longer works and I couldn't find them with a Google search.

#20 6 years ago

They are not pink they are salmon and should match the sticker on the cap.
AM repros were redder because Alan thought it was faded but it isn't fade it is supposed to be that color.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What sticker on what cap?
-mof

Look at Silverunicorn's pic, the original cap is hot stamped with a fleur de lis pattern and a sticker on the pop bumper cap.
Most of the originals were broken not in gameplay but from people soldiering them with the balls in the game.
The caps are unobtainium.

#26 6 years ago

That is one of Alan's caps he used the original stamp to make them.
The color difference on the decal is very subtle and you don't see it unless they are side by side.
He gave me one at the Hollywood Park show, I put it on my game and the original is in the coinbox.

#49 6 years ago

We played it right out of the box, typical trough switch adjustments but the rubbers were dead and needed to be replaced.
I took off plastics and changed rubbers cleaned a few oxidized sockets and wax.
Drops were sticky but broke in playing it, they were real snappy after I took it to PPE.
Also after assembly the on/off switch was faulty, the rivet for the lug was on the edge instead of the hole in the middle and the wire fell off.
I had one on the shelf and just changed it out.
A few of the inserts are cupped, I just left it original, I don't want to ship the PF.
I also tuned the spinner and lubed it with Eezox.
You will just have to see, even though it is new it still has sat in the box now for 33 years.
It may need a Big Blue, I bought one from The Real Bob Roberts but haven't needed it so far.

So far it is holding up great with no signs of wear.
Personally I wouldn't clear it just keep it waxed and keep it original.

#52 6 years ago

Saw a bit of an info thing about the new movie Grown Ups 2 coming out in the next couple weeks. One of the scenes from the movie had a Black Knight in the background, next to a hyperball of all things.
-Hans

It happens.

BKHB_007.jpg

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

What's a "Big Blue"?
QSS

The big capacitor in the head.

1 year later
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I seem to be missing the green plastics next to the lower flippers, anyone have extras I could buy?!?

Those didn't come on the game, they were something Alan Meyer made back in the day.
He also made repro hot stamped caps but those as well as originals are almost impossible to find.

4 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Concord, MA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside