• Topic is favorited by 162 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_063905 (resized).jpg
20240423_060943 (resized).jpg
20240422_060912 (resized).jpg
Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2295 3 years ago

I'd have probably bought the mirco if I'd hadn't put a CPR in there way back when, just to have the correct inserts.

The registration error in the white underneath ramps wouldn't bother me at all as long as the visible artwork isn't messed up in some way.

1 week later
#2305 3 years ago

Also do NOT go by the colors of the connectors - normally one is white/natural, and the other is all black, but they did mess them up at the factory on some games and they ended up mismatched (or there was a head with one and body with another, etc)

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just joined the club with option 1. Loving the game so far and by far the oldest game I've ever had (older than me!). Is there a trick to accessing the menu on this 40 year old machine?

Press advance until you get to option 18 max credits and set it to 00 for freplay. Make sure you have as many credits already on the machine as you want to show because they neither advance nor decrement once you set the credits to 00.

The colored LED's don't look too hot in the BG you plan on changing those?

2 months later
#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from flipkidflip:

Is the transition here from metal rail to rubber supposed to be smooth?

Yes.

The rubber feed is there not only to absorb the abuse from the pop bumper, but also as you noted to encourage some bounciness to toss the ball towards the upper PF exits. (If you couldn't lose the ball from the upper PF the game would never end. See black knight 2000!)

But to adjust it you need to either get the ramp metal up, the posts down, or the rubber thinner. Some filling and redrilling of holes may be required, I forget if those posts are machine threaded screws into Tnuts or not. It's been however long CPR make black knight playfields that I've had mine apart, but I know that I made sure of this transistional area (I always do this on PF swaps regardless of title) being spot on.

Yours looks pretty extreme, you might be able to change the posts to the thinner style to shave the clearance you need..... but the other end has to feed that left flipper, too, so looks like some experimentation is needed to get this right.

2 months later
#2392 3 years ago

Rewire them to 50volts and stick a later system 7/system 9 flipper transformer/power supply in the game.

Have you tried filing the magnet relay contacts?

1 month later
#2400 2 years ago

I use those PBL switches for the slings because they stick up through the PF and look "right" - for all other custom switch builds unless I have the exact blade from another switch I just use the generic ones from PBR and put the contacts on. I'm cheap

You probably already know this but you can grab microswitches from the later WMS games trough's and use use them with the plate on your BK (or any other earlier leaf switch unit).

#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

So where do you get new gold points to put in your generic switches?

pinball resource

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Oh okay, thanks. I could have tried that for the drop targets but the leaves themselves were all bent up and trashed too so I started from scratch.

PBR sells the leaves too

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

The new 4004 diodes should be an improvement too over the old 4001s. 4004s are rated at much higher voltage and much better tolerance.

If you have 50v going through your switch matrix I'd be worried. (actually.... it would be better all around if the switch matrix were higher voltage as the dirty switches wouldn't matter as much I'd guess that's why they went to 12v on later games.)

I don't remember if I changed that many switch on mine when I did the PF swap around 2006 or so. I know I had a devil of a top with the top lock and I added an upside down ball gate underneath to kill the momentum.

Still need to fix the bottom right flipper I've been lazy.

1 week later
#2416 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

No matter how many times I adjust it I cannot get the Extra Ball in the top left corner to consistently trigger when hit with a ball. Works fine in test, but only registers the ball about 1/2 the time in gameplay. I have adjusted it atleast 5 times, but the wire is not long enough to consistently trigger without the possibility of the ball catching if raised higher.

You don't need it higher, you need the activating hump longer. Instead of ----^---- for the wire you need ----/¯\---- the larger flat part will help here.

Or you need to slow the ball down when it comes off the ramp with some fatter rubber. Either method works but the switch actuator bend works better.

1 month later
#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from Dezman:

The manual shows it should boot into 2500 2 when in test mode.

Quoted from Dezman:

Now working through the 2500 4 error. By any chance would you have a link or know which board you got. I found PinballPCB.com which looks to be the components you are talking about.

2500 2 would be decoded as: "2"500=blue OS, 500=game number, standalone 2 is the revision. They never updated the manual AFAIK the released version was 3 and then an update to 4. So a 2500 4 "error" is telling you that the audit/adjustments aren't saving. (it's not really an error... it's just the OS revision+game number, then the software revision) If you scroll through the entire list until you get to 50 and then hit advance one more time it should go into attract mode. If it doesn't, your battery backed up ram is likely bad, or the memory protect circuit (usually the ram though)

I replace these with nvram from weebly.com. If you want to buy a new board pinball pcb is the kahout boardset, definitely the best one IMO.

#2441 2 years ago

Like I said the 2500 4 is NOT an error message. It's supposed to show that as the 'first audit'. It comes up when the ram is corrupted or not working because the game is entering audit mode. The error messages are on the 7 segment display on the mpu when you press the test button on the mpu board.

Set your backup hstd to a really low number and reset it, it will take a while to get the 2.5m. I'd only ever beaten mine once and since I replaced the regular ram with NVram, haven't beaten it yet. I need to do the advice I just gave you myself!

2 weeks later
#2465 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That's what tells the game to award the Bonus/Mystery scores....the ball goes up the ramp and enters the upper playfield passing thru the gate, the gate activates the switch, and scores.

And just so you don't drive yourself nuts trying to adjust it - it also will score the mystery in multiball if a ball comes DOWN the ramp.

1 month later
#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidlougy:

One question... Has there been anyone out there who has rewritten the code to change the ruleset? I would like to see a change in the rules that you light the loop special during regular gameplay instead of only the bonus ball. Perhaps you can light special after completing all four sets of drop targets for the second time... and every two time after that.

You mean all 4 sets 3 times first time extra ball second time special? That's eminently doable. I've been toying around with ideas to have the on-playfield special light during the game too.

Not sure what else would have to light it, there's not a lot else on BK to work with - drop banks would have to be it.

2 weeks later
#2480 2 years ago
Quoted from jmmasterson:

My question is: WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS?

The universal answer to this question is almost always "because they are a moron".

Quoted from jmmasterson:

I am waiting on a better option

Pinball PCB for the win, here. Best replacement boardset to stay stock style (assuming you can't get working originals)

#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If the upper PF flippers work but the lower does not, you should look at the cabinet switch (there are separate switches for upper and lower) as well as the connector between the upper and lower playfields.

Also the connector from the head, I have/had same behavior on mine and it's one of the connectors between the head and the playfield. I need to get in and replace that as it fails at parties all the time... IIRC It's 0062 pins but I don't have an extractor for those pins handy (it's lost somewhere, assuming I ever had one)

2 weeks later
#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The flipper locking on is a clue. BK has no electronics other than the flipper relay in the flipper circuit. It appears he must have swapped some connectors.

Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks. Thats kinda what I suspected. I did emphasize the black / white connector similarity when he took it. I feel bad though and will try to get this up and running for him. It seems like many of the 74xx series ic's have one or more legs shorted to ground that are part of a gate. Seems like a bad sign. This is probably gonna be a major rebuild.

Yep, this is what happens when you swap those 2 connectors. You can't depend on the factory being all black or all white on each, either - I've seen them with every combination. Flippers lock on..... solenoid voltage down the +5 rail IIRC.

Not a cheap repair in terms of time/labor, or if you just replace the boards, money.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Do you suspect I will need to replace every IC at that point? I am guessing Leon's roms won't even help to get started if that kind of voltage went down the 5v side.
Whats also frustrating is that my gq-4x4 doesn't have the rom types listed so I can't test them even. I guess I need to change over to 2716's and 2732's to just get started on this.

You should be able to use a logic probe on the chips to check for activity in/out, sometimes you're lucky and it's only the eproms that get hosed.... but usually not.

2532 can be programmed/read as 2732 with an adapter:
http://www.thegleek.com/bobroberts/mspacrom.html

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

1. The wood rails aren't painted black. It seems like they should be. Is this stock or did someone replace these and neglected to paint them?

Nope, that's stock

Quoted from CryHavoc:

2. The lower playfield has a bunch of dirty looking swirls. Novus 1 isn't doing much if anything. I was thinking it was just how the artwork looks but after sifting through pics of others' playfields it seems it is just dirty. I've never used novus 2 because I've never needed to, so I guess I'm a bit nervous to use it and end up scratching the playfield artwork. I guess I'm looking for confirmation that I should use novus 2. Or is there something else you'd recommend?

That's ball swirls. Novus 2 won't take it off either. New games of this era I get I do a pass of novus 2, novus 1 and then your wax of choice. You can reduce the swirls by using magic eraser with a wetting agent, but you are removing whatever clearcoat is left on the PF. I don't do this unless I plan on clearing the PF.

For my BK it got a CPR PF from long ago and it's been fine since then. Ball swirls are pretty expected with this title because of the lighter artwork.

#2505 2 years ago

https://store.go4retro.com/23xx-adapter/

I'm exploring this adapter board to be able to stick 27128-27256-27512 chips in to replace 2532/2732, etc. - mostly because my 2732's are getting stubborn to program now. I'm thinking possibly that's caused by my computers' USB port more than anything though (I have multiples of the burner and they all started doing it at once....)

Might be a nice solution for those that don't want to rejumper. I can't rejumper my system 7 games because I need the 3x2532 setup ala hyperball for larger roms.

2 weeks later
#2525 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I notice that if I cradle the ball or do a full press of the right flipper button, I can never make the left ramp unless there is already momentum.
I've also read this shot basically needs to be perfect given the spinner and the post/rubber and that makes sense, but I also notice if I do essentially a "light" or "half" press of the flipper button, I get a ton more power and can make the ramp with ease.
Game is at 6 degrees pitch.

I'm so used to more modern games, if this is how it's supposed to be then so be it, just wanted to confirm.

It is supposed to be a tough shot from a cradle, but you're getting more power on the half flip because the EOS isn't opening, so double check that it's opening about 1/8" or so at the end of its stroke, not starting earlier.

No 80s flipper is going to feel like the more modern ones, you've only got 28v to work with and a relatively long stroke. I played zacaj 's black knight with 50volt going to the flippers and I didn't really notice a difference, but I only played a couple of games. I should probably fool around with my BK and see how it performs I guess I never really thought about that too much. It doesn't help I'm really used to the way my BK plays since I've had it since 1989. Maybe time for a fresh look.

#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

we aren't talking about the large cap that is standing in the backbox?

Yep, he means that large cap standing in the backbox - that's the lamp matrix cap.

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from ClaytonsCorner:

is it normal to see this kind of shift in play?

yep, it will settle down a bit after a while. Some games go from being really slow to being like freshly cleared games depending on the amount of dirt on it that was cleaned off. The rubbers not so much different unless they were really tired before.

2 weeks later
#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from smittydc:

apparently the upper is stealing power from the lower somehow. Any suggestions on what may be causing that and how to fix it?

Physics.

You're activating two coils at once off a power supply is going to draw more current. Either increase the power supply capacity or decrease the load.

Also on general there's a lot of connectors involved on bk and any of them might need to be replaced every connector saps a bit of power.

3 weeks later
#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from lothian:

What I'm thinking of is something more... lessay... effective toward game reprogramming and tweaking game play--think "Tempest Tubes"... now extrapolate in the context of Black Knight.

Programming within the current system:
http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Williams/pinbuilder/

Quoted from lothian:

Certainly by now all BK80 game logic (constituent ROMs) has been written to a MAME-like code and exists in the public domain.

Pinmame runs the roms as-is, mame does not require translation of the existing roms to other formats (that would defeat its core purpose of preservation).

DickHamill has an arduino piped into a williams system 6 board running stellar wars:

so you could probably modify that to work on black knight but you'd be re-creating the game code itself as well. BK is pretty simple rule-set wise so it could be done.

If you look at the pinbuilder stuff you could probably extend out the original boards' capability to do the things you want, but there's some hardware changes you'd have to make as well I'd think.

3 weeks later
#2581 2 years ago

If you're using LEDs I doubt those 5 amp slo blows will ever do so unless there's a dead short on the line.

#2587 2 years ago

Try PPS in the parts books of the era they might be there. Also on ipdb look at uploads for that era in advanced search.

#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudasales:

Backwards Compatibility Question???
I know that the System 6 Sound/Speech and Driver boards are compatible with Black Knight but what about a Sys 6 MPU/CPU board if you swap out the ROMS?

Nope system six is missing the sound and commas pia and bigger ram.

#2593 2 years ago

System 7 mpus can be used in the earlier 3-6 games. The aftermarket boards have the added pia and RAM.

1 month later
#2600 2 years ago

Extra ball, max bonus add, bonus ball drop banks, replay, hstd, match

5 months later
#2695 1 year ago

Pic from earlier in the thread from frunch - I did a similar thing on mine with a ball gate frame turned upside down with an angle, there is NO WAY a ball can fly through the lock. The gate stops it, and it drops. 100% locks.

I can't find the pic I took of it a while ago I thought it would be here in the thread but it's not.... have to organize my pics at some point.

b903de0aa5b062c0da3dea69ad76c4dab854053c (resized).jpgb903de0aa5b062c0da3dea69ad76c4dab854053c (resized).jpg
#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

I taped a piece of rubber in the right spot under the steel plate that sits over the upper lock, with mylar tape (simple and not pretty but you can't see it anyway). Balls that are really flying glance off of the rubber and stay in the lock, never had a ball get past it since.

Good thing you have the steel plate... missing from some games!

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I'm assuming this is normal as there are no batteries installed?

yes

1 week later
#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Trouble shooting advice needed.
Upper right flipper stopped working.
Started a game it was really weak, then it stopped working mid game.
Where would/ should I start looking?

Reseat the connectors between the head and playfield.

#2704 1 year ago

Locks on was factory. After the difficulty of Firepower's multiball, I think bk is about MB all the time.

I despise the setting for locks lit through bonus horseshoe. My machine will never be set that way, tournament or not.

I'm not a fan of the bonus ball either.

1 week later
#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I put NVRAM in my Black Knight machine and every couple of weeks the high scores reset. Has anyone else come across this problem? I've never had a bad NVRAM chip, but I guess that's a possibility.

Are your coin door switches sticky?

The nvram does have a checksum, and if it fails, it will reset. I don't remember offhand if the high scores are protected by this checksum, the settings are, but the memory protect circuit prevents any changes on the nvram settings contents. You would get the audit mode (2500 03 or 2500 04 on p1 display) when that happens.

1 month later
#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from andylama:

Does anyone here have any clue what the heck my problem is?

Bend the guide at the top to redirect. Bend the arm that kicks the ball out.

Also, you should clean off all the old lube and relube.

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from andylama:

: Are these resistors linked to my horseshoe switch detection flaw? Does anyone have advice about how to improve responsiveness of rollover switches when the ball is really flying around

The jumpers increase the current available to drive the switches. Higher current means better detection with dirty switch contacts but at the expense of switch bounce causing multiple hits. System seven's OS has good debouncing built in.

For your horseshoe switch, reforming the wireform to be less of a point and more of a mesa ie flatter on top will help.

#2765 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Probably most helpful on BK with the drop target switches which really take a beating and can get very flakey compared to the rest of the switches. And I believe they can only register once per drop anyway even if the switch did bounce, since the software keeps track of them being up or down.

The stock bk software does not track which targets are down and will happily score them over and over.

Now, is probably no surprise that the software in MY black Knight does operate the way you described.

#2778 1 year ago

This happens if the ball skips the outhole switch or takes too long to get to the trough. The game will not end a ball without the outhole switch tripping which starts a timer.

1 week later
#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from andylama:

Is there a Master Parts List?

Planetary pinball has the parts manuals online.

3 weeks later
#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from andylama:

As for the leaf switches, I finally got myself a copy of the Williams 1980 parts catalog, which does have the leaf switches in it--just gotta find modern sources for some of them. My concern is that some models have become 'unobtainium' over the years.

Technically they're all unobtainium as WMS isn't making parts.... so anything you get is a modern recreation/replacement. Because of this, I just buy the raw blades and contacts from pinball resource and build my own. I either replace the existing stacked parts one blade at a time maintaining the stack spacing, or I create a new stack as I have tons of the little bakelite pieces and tubing laying around from when you could buy a populated playfield at a show for $10 for a treasure trove of parts. At some point I actually had time to strip all the PF's down to the switches and sorted them into a bin for easy access.

I have a physical copy of the 1980 parts catalog myself but for people that don't it's available for viewing on planetary's webiste.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/williamsbally-parts-manuals

1 month later
#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

One thing I'm going to work on - my upper trough still has the occasional fly-through when it's empty and the first ball in is hit hard. I'd say it flies through 2 time out of 10. It used to be 6 or 7 out of 10 before I put in the Cliffy and rigged up a small piece of foam to slow the ball down upon entry, so it's better. But I can probably twiddle with it some more to make it bullet-proof.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/54#post-7139173

This is the way to do it, no foam. Like I said in the linked post (this is frunch 's pic, not mine.... I can't find mine and too lazy to take another) - you block the entry that would fly through with metal angled so that you don't ding up the ball or whatever type of bracket you use, it cannot fly through (or bounce out.)

4 weeks later
#2882 1 year ago

You want that path to be shootable with the upper left flipper around to the lock, so as long as your rubber doesn't stick out you're ok on the posts. I wouldn't want them to hang over either, but make sure if you drill in that you are clearing.

I have a CPR PF in mine as well from 10+ years ago, I don't recall if the holes were correct on it, likely not, because every playfield I've ever swapped (including NOS) has had dimples and holes off. Just part for the course at this point.

I actually prefer completely undimpled PF's as they just aren't ever 100% correct.

2 weeks later
#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from justler:

How are the cpr plastics? I’m going to need a set. Was going to order a back glass from them for BK and Space Shuttle to save on shipping but read the horse color was off.

Unless they have corrected it since I bought my set originally in 2006/2007, the fine details were oversaturated and just looked bad. I sold that set at a loss to someone that wasn't as picky.

Get your BK glass from Mayfair, they've had them for years and they are spot on to the original.

#2932 1 year ago

Drop stickers are the same. Afaik the apron is different and some of the switches are micros instead of leafs.

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

No it's still not working but all the balls register in the trough area which is weird.

Reseat the connectors between the head and the cabinet a couple times (power off of course)

1 month later
#2969 10 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Who makes the best replacement glass for this game?

Mayfair

1 week later
#2976 10 months ago

Not exactly. The 2 means blue flipper roms. The 500 is the game number. The last number is the game ROM revision, 3/4 being in common circulation. Never found a copy of rev 1 or 2. 4 is recommended as there is a bug in 3 which is a bit esoteric but doesn't cause any damage iirc it just ripped you off for some points.

Unless you meant revision number by ROM number. If you have rev 2 I'd be interested in getting a copy of it for analysis.

#2979 10 months ago

Can you shoot me a copy too? Looks like ipdb doesn't have l3 either.

1 week later
#2987 10 months ago
Quoted from Dezman:

I think that's going to be tough. Most of the recreation playfields are only of the lower.

Most of the playfields are a set afaik.

1 month later
#3009 8 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Yes all fuses were checked out of the holders for continuity. No I didn’t check the coils as I wasn’t sure which lug to test on( didn’t want to make anything worse by touching the wrong lug )

voltage would be roughly the same on either lug

#3011 8 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Checking coils and flippers all have
.60v

.6 volt is hardly anything at all (unless you meant 60v?)

measure the output of the bridge. one corner of the bridge will be a diagonal or be labeled '+' - that's your DC output. The terminal diagonally opposite that one will be your DC ground.

+ voltage
v
/-----
|----|
|___|
-----^---- ground

If you have no reading there (you can take off the 2 terminals on the DC output/ground and measure unloaded/directly) bridge would be bad. The voltage won't be spot on +28 volts, it will likely be a bit higher or maybe a bit lower, but it should be in the +21-44 range

#3014 8 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

There is a plus sign on the left bridge on the orange wires and a plus sign on the right bridge on the purple.
So I want to put red lead on the orange for example and black on the black to get my reading?

Yes.

has the power supply been recapped sounds like the cap is slowly charging over time.

#3022 8 months ago
Quoted from andylama:

After a few games, the lower right flipper will occasionally stick in the up position, even if the flipper button is totally open. Like the hold coil is (partially) energized when it shouldn't be. But I don't think it is really energized. It makes no coil hum, and sometimes it will just fall back down all by itself or if the ball hits it

Magnetized parts

#3025 8 months ago
Quoted from andylama:

Weirdly, these are all new (less than a year old) full flipper assemblies from PBL, and they work great otherwise.

I've noticed this with some of the pbl stern brackets too. It's likely the specific metal used.

2 weeks later
#3043 8 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

I would replace it with a new leaf switch. That one's just worn out, more than likely. It's also possible someone might have tried filing the switch at some point, and that will damage the contacts--worsening the problem.
That said, I'm interested if there's a microswitch that would be a proper fit...

Any of the later games with that trough style (i.e. all the way up to and including some WPC games) that have a microswitch would work on BK's. You might have to play with the mounting.

For the OP just replace the switch contacts or the blades themselves, or buy an entire new switch, if you inspect them and they aren't gold flashed anymore. This is a bit of a fussy adjustment especially with dead spots on the switches; I just replace the blades with new ones I build out of the raw parts (pinball resource sells the blades and gold flashed contacts, it's really easy to build new blades). The blades look a little different if you care about that (they have holes at various points where you can install the contacts). In that case, carefully remove the old contact and crimp a new one in. I do that sometimes as well as you can do it without disassembling the blade stack if you are careful.

When crimping the new one in, you use pliers but make sure you protect the gold face of the contact with a piece of cardboard or tape on one side of your pliers' jaws. It does not require a lot of force to crush the brass stem. you can also solder that brass stem as well if you prefer, but I don't think that's as clean and there's really no advantage to that (unless the switch contact has loosened up over time, that's more the original ones though)

1 month later
#3061 6 months ago

Mayfair. Mirroring is true mirroring.

Also, if you can get it at a show, much cheaper.

#3063 6 months ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I was thinking that.. Any idea if they are at Expo in Chicago?

according to the pinexpo website, yep

2 months later
#3128 4 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Thats goofy, all the holes are existing. The ball trough is routed out of the playfield so moving the metal bottom of the trough isn't going to change where the ball sits.
Hopefully someone else has some insight...

Put a couple washers under the end nearest the shooter lane to move it down a hair. Also you can bend the arm to change the angle it hits the ball.

#3133 4 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Its not going to move that much with play in the screw hole.

We're trying to help you but if you're not even going to try any suggestions it for sure isn't going to work.

1 week later
#3142 3 months ago

Bottom wire form goes in the ball trough.

#3146 3 months ago
Quoted from sevenchord:

I'm trying to turn off sound in attract mode, but it doesn't seem to turn off. I set option 32 to 01. Every time the machine comes on, or after a game it just continues to play that ascending sound. The game has all new boards, weebly CPU and Sound boards, and a Kohout pwr supply board.
Is there something I'm missing? It does seem to retain the setting, but just plays the sounds in attract mode regardless.

The sound in attract is voice saying the black knight will slay you hahahaah.... or similar - it's not the background sound at all. If you get that in attract there's something wrong, and if it's all new boards, maybe something in the wiring harness or something shorting out.

#3148 3 months ago

All of the sound triggers come from the mpu.

1 week later
#3156 3 months ago

You mean the capacitor and resistor on them? Yes, they are both supposed to be there. Your pictures are not really in focus so not sure what you're asking. Compare to the opposite sling.

The aluminum canned capacitor is likely original and needs to be replaced. For testing, you can cut off one leg of both the cap and the resistor - the cap is probably shorted which is why your sling would lock on.

3 weeks later
#3177 80 days ago

jumper is shown installed as well as those resistors on the schematic.

Your master display board is likely from one of the system 6a machines that did NOT display commas.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#3199 6 days ago

The adjustment on the copper leaf springs is VERY slight. One thing though a lot of people mess up on is that the bar that holds the targets in, people really torque the crap out of those screws (which can break the plastic screw bosses on the plastic guides) - you do NOT need to do that, you just snug them down, and the targets will drop smooth like butta.

#3201 5 days ago

Bent less. The copper spring is only there to push target on reset onto the shelf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.