• 3,201 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg
39AEBF82-A933-49F4-BBBB-BC68B30656EE (resized).jpeg
bk_sst.jpg
IMG_9825 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1163 5 years ago

Going to join this club very soon! My just-purchased BK is packed and on her way now....should receive some time next week! Original boards, early System 6 setup, Mayfair backglass, decent cabinet with only a few marks, good plastics and nice playfield for an un-retouched original. Can't wait...

Pack 01 (resized).jpgPack 01 (resized).jpgPack 02 (resized).jpgPack 02 (resized).jpg
#1175 5 years ago

Starburst or jeweled, it's still impressive what goes into designing and manufacturing a reproduction playfield.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo10.html

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Going to join this club very soon! My just-purchased BK is packed and on her way now....should receive some time next week! Original boards, early System 6 setup, Mayfair backglass, decent cabinet with only a few marks, good plastics and nice playfield for an un-retouched original. Can't wait...[quoted image][quoted image]

Finally arrived today!! Unpacked and staged, assembly / initial triage will have to wait until the weekend.

03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpgIMG_5722 (resized).jpgIMG_5722 (resized).jpg
#1189 5 years ago

I've got my new Black Knight up and running - after getting through some scoring issues (dirty or bent leafs on switches), burned out bulbs, and a pin not making solid contact with a Molex connector on the sound board it's playing pretty well. I will post some pictures after next weekend's project (LED conversion, polish/waxing of playfield, new legs, new plastics, new rubbers).

One issue that's bugging me: if I hit a ball too fast to the upper playfield Ball Lock Trough when it's empty, the ball will sail right through it without getting locked about 50% of the time. I took off the plastic over the trough and there is the steel plate between the top of the trough and the plastic, and the trough itself looks ok. Is this normal for Black Knight (I don't recall running into this issue playing thousands of games on BK in my youth)? Would adding a Cliffy Protector help stop a ball from passing through the trough?

Thanx for any insights....

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yes the cliffy helps. What pitch do you have it set too? The higher the pitch the more frequent the fly through.

Aha! I did not think about pitch contributing to this. I have my pitch currently set to a steep 7.8 (I like a fast game). I think most people in this forum have theirs set to somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5 - I'll play around with those settings this weekend and see if it improves the fly-through. I'm unable to find the BK Cliffy set at the usual online pinball parts sites so I sent an email to the contact on the Cliffy site itself asking if I can purchase it directly.

Quoted from dzorbas:

Yes, it seems to be normal behaviour. I believe that someone on this thread posted a fix where you add a piece of cardboard and tape to the ball guide so the ball hits it and loses momentum as it's coming around and stays in the trough. Here's the link to the post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/2#post-1836717

If I find the 6.0-6.5 pitch too easy/slow, I'm going to try this simple mod and see how it does at 7.8. Thank you for the link - I just joined this club a few weeks ago and after trying to catch up on 1100+ posts I'm sure I missed some things that would have been useful for me!

Thank you all for your feedback! Love this community....

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Aha! I did not think about pitch contributing to this. I have my pitch currently set to a steep 7.8 (I like a fast game). I think most people in this forum have theirs set to somewhere between 6.0 and 6.5 - I'll play around with those settings this weekend and see if it improves the fly-through.

Wow...I think even .6 degrees made a big difference. I lowered the pitch to 7.2 - the game is still pretty fast and I had 8 clear fast shots to the empty trough on the upper deck and the ball held each time.

I'm still going to put in the Cliffy there....he got back to me this morning and sold it to me for $27 including shipping. I should have it Wednesday.

#1202 5 years ago

I'm normally a traditionalist, but as I was cleaning up my BK purchase from last week (new rubbers, fixing some flaky switches, replacing bad bulbs) I decided to try LEDs. I put LEDs in my EBD and I really liked them, so I tried it with Black Night. Wow. Huge difference without being overbearing, IMO. I can post a before & after video if anyone is interested, but in the meantime look at the differences in the green Lock light....I thought I had finished replacing all the playfield lights and when I put the table back down and turned it on, I saw I forgot one light. The difference is rather striking. Even my wife liked it, and she just rolls her eyes whenever I'm spending time tinkering on the pins.

LED vs Incandescent (resized).jpgLED vs Incandescent (resized).jpg
#1203 5 years ago

As I was putting in new rubbers and LEDs this evening on my new BK, I noticed behind the blue drop downs on the lower playfield that there appears to be a red post missing given the hole in the playfield and the circular exposure of "newer" looking wood. Your BK's have this post? I'll have to pick one up from Marco's or somewhere.
IMG_5728 (resized).JPGIMG_5728 (resized).JPG

#1209 5 years ago

Is the white plastic lens above the left Magna Save markings on the apron supposed to be a credit light (it is on my Bally Eight Ball Deluxe)? There's no bulb socket or supporting circuitry underneath it on my BK.

0 - Credit Light (Top) (resized).jpg0 - Credit Light (Top) (resized).jpg1 - Credit Light (Inside) (resized).jpg1 - Credit Light (Inside) (resized).jpg
#1212 5 years ago

Great info - thanx, guys!

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Mine is full LEDs and I think they look great in this game. I opted for purple bulbs for the inserts in front of the drops for a change. I didn't want to use blue seeing as the left arrows are already blue. This worked pretty well with the blue insert. I'm planning on putting in some post flashers as well and tying them into the pop bumper and the slings.

I'm actually doing the same thing - I also thought of purple in that spot when I saw the left arrow inserts lit up in blue after the conversion to LEDs. I ordered some purple LEDs from Cointaker on Thursday, should be here tomorrow.

I would like to add a couple of strip lights in some dark areas as well - one behind the outhole under the apron, and one in that plastic piece that runs on top of the ball shooter trough up the right side of the playfield. I've not added lights like that before - is there an easy way or guide on how to tie them into GI light circuit?

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

New drop targets in red & blue to match the arrows pointing to them (This took some modding of the new style targets to make them work)

The Red/Blue targets are a really, really nice touch. Love them.

#1225 5 years ago

Newbie question - the bulb in my pop bumper was really dim and having changed out all of the other playfield and backglass lights to LEDs, I decided to do the pop bumper as well. The bulb was very difficult to get out....I wound up mangling it, separating the glass bump from the bayonet base. I then had to use needlenose pliers to twist the 44/47 base out of the socket. I put in a known working LED, and it doesn't light. This was working before I touched it, of course. The pop bumper itself still works, it's just the light. I don't see anything obvious underneath the playfield....doesn't look like I pulled any wires loose. I cleaned the contacts in the base best I could (the original bulb was pretty oxidized). Still no light.

Any suggestions on the next step in the triage? I have a DVM but not sure what to do with it.

Thanx!

Pop Bumper (resized).jpgPop Bumper (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

hawknole That looks sweet! Would you mind taking the plastics off to show how you have the matrix lights setup?

I'd like to see that as well (if possible)!

1 month later
#1422 5 years ago

Looks for some technical guidance on my BK....not sure where to start. The first two two drop targets in the left bank of the upper playfield are not scoring or starting the drop target timer but the third target in that bank is working ok. All other drop targets in the other three banks are all working ok. The two targets in question work mechanically and the leaf springs are making contact. The scoring/timer doesn't start when I forcibly engage the leaf springs, either.

The problem must be electrical somewhere. If there was something electrically common between the those first two targets, I'd think other targets would also not be working? Is this just a coincidence that those first two targets are failing the exact same way?

I'm rather new at ownership, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a multimeter, but not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Red arrows in the pix point to the two suspect targets.

Thanx!
Kris

IMG_5846.jpgIMG_5846.jpgIMG_5847.jpgIMG_5847.jpgIMG_5848.jpgIMG_5848.jpg
#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Do you have a yellow jumper wire on the 2 bad switches that connects to the tab that is not connected to the diode? The green wire on the good switch needs to be jumpered to the other two switches with a single wire (typically a solid yellow wire)
It might be there, but its hard to see the wires in the photos.

Aha!! Can't believe I didn't see that before....the yellow wire is indeed there, and it's become disconnected from the good switch. I just need to re-solder that yellow wire to the tab on the good switch that has the two green wires then? Can't thank you enough....

IMG_5849.jpgIMG_5849.jpg
#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Badabing, you got it - reconnect the jumper to the green wires

Solution confirmed! I wound up replacing the enter jumper wire from the middle switch to the working one as the original wire was stretched pretty tight...probably why it eventually became disconnected after me lifting the playfield a few dozen times replacing bulbs and fixing other things after I picked up this pin a few months ago. Thanx again, @gutz!

Kris

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

5 balls, but one player with no timed bonus ball.

Here's mine...I did this a few weeks ago. 3 balls, single player (no bonus ball). I got two extra balls along the way for a total of 5 for that game. Took a little more than a half hour...I was actually getting tired and wondering when it would end! Ironically, when I snapped this photo, it also caught the high score on my Eight Ball Deluxe. My 16 year old son did that a few weeks ago (5 ball setting) beating me by 300K and ever since then I've been playing EBD 3 to 5 times a day trying to get my high score back!

High Score.jpgHigh Score.jpg
#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from SpaceAce:

I have several missing screws throughout the playfield. Is there a standard size / thread? It looks like there might be a couple different sizes.
Also, some screws are topped with a little rubber nubby thing, and others just have a nut. rhyme or reason?
Lastly, and off topic from the first couple questions. I am thinking about re-rubbering with black. For those who have done this, does it still strike you as cool, or... just dull? Is there a nostalga missing with black vs. white? Does anyone really even care, or is modding to taste acceptable?
I know that with my arcade machines, if you start to make permanent mods to things (things that cannot be put back) people tend to get bent out of shape. I get it, there's fewer and fewer of these things in existence. So...

My posts are topped with the rubber nubbin (which I prefer) except for one post - the bottom post over the trough in the upper playfield. I had to use an acorn nut there to secure the plastic. I found that if I use a rubber nubbin there and I hit a particularly hard/fast shot into the trough, the ball will kick up and hit the plastic sending that particular rubber nubbin somewhere on (or under) the playfield. The acorn nut secures it down better, at least on my game.

I prefer the white rubber in this game but as zacaj said, it's easy to swap out if you find you don't like the black or you sell your machine to someone who'd prefer it be white.

2 months later
#1566 5 years ago

Looking for guidance on where to start. My Black Knight has been working well for months. Lifted the playfield to replace a burned out bulb on the underside of the playfield, and now none of the solenoids, except for the four flippers, are firing. Thinking I might have crimped a wire or jostled one loose during the playfield lift, I eyeballed each solenoid and surrounding areas and did tug tests here and there....nothing obvious. Since 1-24 went out all at the same time, there must be a common area to start (I do not have a schematic, but I do have a MM but not sure where to probe). Anyone have any guidance? All fuses, including F2 for the solenoids, look intact.

Fuse 01 (resized).jpgFuse 01 (resized).jpg

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

With the game off, pull the F2 fuse and measure with with a multi meter. A visual check is not good enough

Taking the fuse out of the game and getting a closer look, it doesn't look healthy. And mm shows 0....blown. Dang it...I should've caught that. Thank you, @eh97ac. Not going to find a replacement on Christmas Day, so the family will have to settle for ST Pro and EBD tonight.

Fuse 02 (resized).jpgFuse 02 (resized).jpg
#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Taking the fuse out of the game and getting a closer look, it doesn't look healthy. And mm shows 0....blown. Dang it...I should've caught that. Thank you, @eh97ac. Not going to find a replacement on Christmas Day, so the family will have to settle for ST Pro and EBD tonight. [quoted image]

OK...plot thickens. Turns out I do have spares (I bought a BK fuse replacement kit months ago and forgot about it). Replaced the fuse and the solenoids worked for about 2 minutes and then the new fuse blew. Replaced it again, worked for about 2 minutes, and then that one blew. Ideas for narrowing this down?

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

OK...plot thickens. Turns out I do have spares (I bought a BK fuse replacement kit months ago and forgot about it). Replaced the fuse and the solenoids worked for about 2 minutes and then the new fuse blew. Replaced it again, worked for about 2 minutes, and then that one blew. Ideas for narrowing this down?

Arrgh. Thought I could go thru the coil test one by one and see which one(s) are causing the fuse to blow, but the F2 fuse is blowing before I can even get to the coil test. I'm not starting a game at all...just turning on and going straight to self test. Gotta be a short somewhere but not sure at all how to proceed with the triage. Any ideas?

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Sounds like you may have a coil locking on when you turn the game on (due most likely to a bad transistor on the driver board). Listen carefully for the sound of a coil activating and humming when the game is turned on, and prepare to turn the game back off shortly after to hopefully spare the fuse. Zacaj is right on the money as usual, pull the connector he mentions and see if the problem persists. One other tip: knock down drop targets from each bank just in case if the coil that's locking on is one of the drop target reset coils. If any banks immediately reset when you turn the game on, you'll know it's the corresponding drop target reset coil that's locked on. That's exactly what happened to my buddy's BK, and it was a matter of replacing the driver and pre-driver transistors and the diode on the drop target reset coil to fix it. Good luck!

Thanx, @frunch and @zacaj....I'll be trying that sometime tomorrow after I venture out and pick up some more 2.5A fuses. I did have something interesting happen with my very last spare fuse tonight if it helps....I followed the coil wires as best as I could without actually clipping the ties holding the harness together and didn't see any nicks or cuts in the wires leaving it exposed for shorting out. I did move the wire harness around a bit during the inspection. I decided to try my last fuse, and sure enough it started working. I ran thru the coil test and manually fired each one 5 times...worked like a champ. I started a game and played 3 complete games with multiple 3-ball multi-balls going on in each of the games....everything worked. Somewhat satisfied but a bit concerned that it appeared "fixed" after simply handling the wire harness, I propped up the playfield so that I could re-attach the apron, put the playfield back down, powered on, and F2 blew again.

I'll try pulling 2j13 and the drop target reset tip after I pick up a few dozen more fuses and report back. Thanx again....

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Thanx, @frunch and @zacaj....I'll be trying that sometime tomorrow after I venture out and pick up some more 2.5A fuses. I did have something interesting happen with my very last spare fuse tonight if it helps....I followed the coil wires as best as I could without actually clipping the ties holding the harness together and didn't see any nicks or cuts in the wires leaving it exposed for shorting out. I did move the wire harness around a bit during the inspection. I decided to try my last fuse, and sure enough it started working. I ran thru the coil test and manually fired each one 5 times...worked like a champ. I started a game and played 3 complete games with multiple 3-ball multi-balls going on in each of the games....everything worked. Somewhat satisfied but a bit concerned that it appeared "fixed" after simply handling the wire harness, I propped up the playfield so that I could re-attach the apron, put the playfield back down, powered on, and F2 blew again.
I'll try pulling 2j13 and the drop target reset tip after I pick up a few dozen more fuses and report back. Thanx again....

Finding a 2.5A SB fuse locally proved fruitless - nobody carries them where I'm at (Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Radio Shack Express). All were happy to order me some, but no one stocked them. Pack of 10 arrived from Amazon today so I resumed troubleshooting.

- All coils moved freely when testing by hand. None stuck.
- None of the four target banks reset at power on.
- Before I tried pulling 2j13, I decided to do the following:

I thought back to when this started - I lifted the playfield to clean a contact in the turnaround (it would register a ball going thru about 50% of the time). After cleaning the contact and putting the playfield back down, that's when F2 started blowing. I went thru three fuses without moving the playfield. Then I lifted the playfield again to inspect coils and coil wires. In that process, I moved a cable harness around and put the playfield back down. I went thru the manual coil test one by one, all firing correctly. I lifted the playfield again to retrieve a flashlight I left in the cabinet (too far back to reach thru the coin door) and re-attach the apron, put the playfield down, and F2 blew again. This was all on Tuesday.

Flash forward to today now that I have some more fuses. I thought about the correlation between the cable harness moving and the solenoid fuse blowing coupled with knowing that none of the coils are stuck and all seem to be free-moving. I took a closer look at the cable harness location and decided to route it to the left of the transformer next to/on top of the cage instead of leaving it hanging/dragging on top of the components next to it (see photo). Since doing that, the game has played for 2+ hours without an issue, and I've lifted and laid back down the playfield several times. Note: the transformer has a very noticeable "hum" to it...pretty loud when you first turn the game on, then quiets down within a couple seconds, but still significantly louder than my EBD machine. Transformer looks original.

Next step is to rebuild/replace the transformer, but in the meantime BK is back to being playable.
Wiring Harness Move 02a (resized).jpgWiring Harness Move 02a (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1629 5 years ago

I'm starting a topside tear down of my BK today to put in a new playfield protector. How to I remove the upper playfield, or at least move it high enough to get at the turnaround? I've removed what looks to be the screws holding it in, but it still doesn't budge. Thanx in advance...

#1636 5 years ago

Thanx, guys. Very helpful and I was able to get the upper playfield up enough to get at the turnaround. Playfield protector is in, and I'm quite pleased. I put it mainly to overcome the multitude of cupped inserts and it sure did...balls roll much truer now, no bizarre change of directions. I needed to make a few mods/shims to keep the balls from hopping when hitting the ramps, but all in all this is a great improvement. I can post some before and after pictures if anyone is interested....it looks like my semi-decent playfield has been clear coated.

I'm encouraged enough now that I'll probably do my Eight Ball Deluxe tonight as well. That should be much easier/simpler than BK.

2 weeks later
#1653 5 years ago

Same here - I have a Cliffy in my upper playfield ball lock and no issues ejecting the ball out. In fact it's help cut down tremendously the "fly through" I used to experience when the first ball goes into the lock and it's traveling fast enough that it doesn't stay in and lock, it just flies through. Before the Cliffy, that would happen about half the time. After the Cliffy install, it happens maybe 1 time out of 50.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

What protector did you use? Have had my bk for 30 yrs. So it has some wear. Dont want to overlay it until needed. A protector may be an option for me.

I used the one from these guys:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/a--hn8cHiUai1PzL150V-g?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Black%20Knight%20%7C%201980

They're in Germany, but they ship FAST. I ordered it over their holiday shutdown (they posted they were closed for a couple of weeks and would resume shipping on 09JAN). Mine shipped from Germany on 10JAN and it was at my door 15JAN.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. The protector is just a clear non sticky plastic that is held in place from the various playfield items/posts correct? Not like a mylar that sticks to surface.
I'd love a "mint" play field. But realistically I wanna play the game not collect dust because of afraid of wearing it. My playfield is not terrible. So if I can slow down the wear to the point I wont need to hardcap any time soon it I'm ok with that.

Correct - that protector is non-adhesive and can be easily removed with no damage at all to the playfield. It's held in place by the way it hugs some of the surrounding topside hardware. You remove the plastics, rubbers, wire guides, flippers/shafts, ramps, and the like then lay it in place, then put your stuff back. You do have to separate the upper playfield from the lower so that you can get enough access to the lower playfield turnaround and get the protector over that, but it wasn't too hard to do. That was my first playfield top-side tear down....took about 2 hours to tear it down (including 45 minutes trying to figure out how to separate the top playfield from the bottom), about 20 minutes to put in the protector, and about an hour to put everything back.

Tips:
- Clean your playfield after it's torn down and make sure it's dry and dust free. Do not wax or it'll make the underside of the protector look smudgy.
- Lay the protector down without peeling off the top or bottom protective strips. Make sure it's going to go in/fit.
- Wear rubber gloves when laying it down. Getting fingerprints on top of the playfield is fine...they're easily wiped away. But you don't want to get fingerprints on the underside...it'll drive you nuts when you see them during game play and the only way to get rid of them is to tear everything down (again), lift out the protector, and wipe it clean.
- The ramp bottoms will sit a little lower than the playfield...the ball may hop or even get stuck there if it's going slow enough. Cut off some unused/unseen excess protector from an edge (scissors work) and use that as shims to put under the ramp bottoms and bring them up to the same level of the protector.
- I did not have to adjust the height of the drop targets - they still worked fine after install. Some people have reported that they needed to raise their drop targets a bit to accommodate the higher playfield with the protector.

Kris

1 week later
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I have a completely populated play field for sale . Finished the play field a couple months ago and lost interest in the project .
Hard top installed
CPR plastics
Titan rubber
All new post
New flipper bats
Powder coated apron with new decal
New spinner and decal
New pop bumper cap (jet)
Laminated drop target decals
If this sells then I will part out the rest of the game . $700 firm
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really nice....and I'm tempted. Oy....decisions, decisions. I'm putting a hard top on my Mata Hari restoration now so the timing is bad! I just put a playfield protector on my BK and it's a dramatic improvement on play (cupped inserts). I'll get back to you if it's still available after I think about it a bit.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Hey guys,
Currently working on a Black Knight that I picked up last month. Have it working 100% except for a couple of small issues. The one main problem I've having is that the pop bumper is not illuminating. It is functioning but it is not lighting up. I've tried a couple of different LEDs in it with no luck. All other GI and inserts are working.
Secondly, the left magna sling doesn't seem to be activating...the right one works fine...anything in particular to look for?
Also to lift the playfield up and lean it against the backbox do I need to disconnect some of the molexes? I don't want to put a strain on the wires but there just isn't very good access with it leaning up with the bar. Thanks in advance!

The bayonet lamp socket in that pop bumper is really fragile. I had a similar problem - when I got my BK, the bumper itself was functional but not the light no matter if I put in an LED or incan. I wound up replacing the socket with a wedge type.

#1704 5 years ago

Ok great info thanks. It's really hard to get access from the underside so hoping I can do the swap from the top down. I haven't pulled apart a pop bumper before. I removed the two screws under the cap around the socket but it didn't seem as though the plastic wanted to pull out and I didn't want to break it. Is this the best way to get at the socket and replace or at least verify a connection/check diode?

Pop bumpers are kind of a pain - you indeed need access to the underside of the playfield to unsolder/clip the old lamp socket (the leads feed thru the topside of the playfield to the underside) and to solder in a replacement one. Do a "pop bumper replacement" search on YouTube and you'll see several video examples of the procedure. The procedure is basically the same no matter if it's Bally, Williams, etc.

popbumper.jpgpopbumper.jpg
#1706 5 years ago

Thanks for the great info. Really appreciate it!

Before tearing apart the pop bumper, there are a few things you could also try:

1: If you have a spare lamp socket (any socket) you could desolder the lamp socket pins currently in the machine, alligator clip the lamp wires to the spare socket, and see if the lamp lights.
2: If the spare socket lights, you know the wiring is good and be sure that there's something wrong with the pop bumper lamp socket.
- If you get lucky, it's a cold solder joint and re-reflowing the solder on the pop bumper lamp socket makes it work again.
- If reflowing the solder doesn't help, you need to take the pop bumper apart and replace the socket
3: If the spare socket doesn't light, perhaps you have a broken wire or corroded pin in a connector. Confirm where the wire goes with the schematic, check for point to point continuity, and repin the connector header if necessary.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

I agree, It's sort of dumb for home use...
Always catches me and my first thought is "what's wrong now"

I like leaving it on - during the rare times my son and I play at the same time, it reminds me of my youth when I'd compete with my friends in the arcade.

#1719 5 years ago

New personal best this afternoon - set to 3 ball play and picked up 3 extra balls along the way. Maxxed out the bonus on 3 of the 6 balls. Took 25 minutes. The bell was ringing so long and so often the wife was yelling from upstairs "what the heck is going on down there???".

New PB.jpgNew PB.jpg
1 month later
#1766 5 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

Fuse blown - Rectifier problem or something else?
Turned on my BK the other day and could not get a game started. Was working just fine previously. Attract mode was still working, but no ball ejected. Turns out the F2 fuse blew. Have been going down the troubleshooting route, but I have run out of fuses. Found a few posts mentioning using circuit breakers temporarily, so I have a few sizes in the mail.
I can't pin down exactly when the fuse blows, and it isn't an obvious blow either. No flash of light, no break in the inside wire, I can only tell it is blown by pulling and using the DMM. Whatever is causing it, I am assuming it is not a huge short that draws a considerable amount of voltage.
One thing I did was take a look at the bridge rectifiers. From what I am reading, the left rectifier should be at 28vdc and the right rectifier should be at 18vdc. When I measure, I am showing the left rectifier at 43vdc and the right at 16.6vdc. Not surprisingly, I get the same 43vdc at the fuse lug as well. Would the higher voltage (43 instead of 28) cause the fuse to blow or am I better off looking elsewhere?
If I need to replace them, does anyone know the part numbers? I can find the rectifiers listed in the manual, but not seeing actual part numbers.
Thanks!

I'll be curious to know if/how you track this down. My BK blows F2 every once in while - it's done it 3 times in the last 2 months (almost daily use). The first time I encountered this it blew F2 every time I power on, 5 or 6 times in a row, until I pulled the playfield cables up out of the cab area away from the transformer cage and up into the backbox. My voltages are within the norm on the power supply.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I'm currently running black knight playfields. They will be available as regular and glitter versions. Both should be ready end of April.
All versions will feature the original diamond faceted inserts.
Regards,
Mirco

What's the difference between regular and glitter versions? I couldn't find a description your website.

3 weeks later
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Chris Hibler here at Pinside has a good reputation here as a board repair tech.
The Coin-Op Cauldron does good work, as well.
I definitely recommend having your original boards repaired instead of buying new 3rd party replacements. Some are good, but original boards are usually quite reliable once they've been gone through by a good tech.

Even tho they have repair prices posted on their website, I was sad to learn this weekend that The Coin-Op Cauldron no longer repairs early Bally MPUs even if they're free of corrosion and previous non-professional repairs. Here's a portion of the email I got after I inquired about sending one in:

"We no longer repair -17 or -35 CPU boards due to their age and always recommend Altek boards as a replacement."

They still do Williams boards, so you may still be in luck!

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Need part # information for this ball gate bracket please. .
[quoted image]

Looks like it may be A-11622. Out of stock at Marco's, tho. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11622

4 weeks later
#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Something missing here ? What’s with the extended post ?

Mine has that, too. I've seen it on every BK - no idea what it is/was for.

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Oh I’m full of questions..... where would this go ?[quoted image]

Right here. I also bought that "missing" piece about a year ago and I still haven't put it on yet! Next tear-down and wax, I'll get it on there....

BK Missing Plastic.jpgBK Missing Plastic.jpg
1 week later
#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Just finished hard top intallation and cab decals.

Nice. How well did your hardtop installation go? Did you have to make any modifications? I put one in my Mata Hari a few months ago and it went great - only issues with fit was that I needed to dremel out several holes in the hardtop that were mis-aligned and a couple that were missing altogether. I'm thinking about putting one in my Black Knight now, but I'm worried about the smoothness of the transitions from the base of the ramps and the hardtop (as demonstrated in Cary Hardy's YouTube video) and my limited abilities to overcome them.

How was the alignment of the hardtop insert areas over the inserts themselves? Any bare wood showing or did you paint around the inserts first before applying the hardtop as insurance?

Those are decals on your cab and not a stencil repaint? Where did you get the cab decals?

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

zacaj I was thinking the same! I guess it's just easier than having to paint it over?

Maybe for someone not experienced with paint work and the typical pitfalls (sourcing the correct colors, having a place to paint, overspray, drips, equipment - use cans or compress air?, time, potential for screwing up a layer and needing to start over, clearing, etc) applying a vinyl decal is attractive if there is no significant cabinet repair work needed. I myself would think about it if the economics worked out in the decal's favor and the end result had the look and feel of a modern Stern pin. The one pin I stenciled a while back took me over three weeks to do while I combated weather and temperature conditions and the little painting hiccups that you encounter along the way. I don't see more than a couple hours of work applying 5 decals (cabinet sides, backbox sides, and cabinet front) including trimming.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Thanks. Me Too. I originally saw a similar mod at the Rocky Mountain Showdown. There was a beautiful Black Knight there a few years ago, but the mod for some reason went all the way across the playfield and dropped the ball into the left inlane. I didn't like that one as much because the wireform traveling across the playfield block the view of the ball.

That would be this one - indeed a gorgeous example with a lot of nice little touches (blacked out chrome pieces, black flippers with purple rubber, black targets, black pop bumper skirt, and black powder-coated lockdown bar, legs, etc). I played it a lot, and interestingly the wireform across the playfield didn't bother my view.
IMG_5410.JPGIMG_5410.JPGIMG_5411.JPGIMG_5411.JPG

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Dunno. Maybe I'm just being a bit anal.
In fairness it looks a lot worse in the close up pictures.

Andy_B - Did you have any issues with the smoothness of the transitions from the base of the ramps and the BK hardtop (as demonstrated in Cary Hardy's BK hardtop installation YouTube video series)? He got the transition smooth with epoxy to raise the ramp bases, shaving/trimming the epoxy, and shims, but with my somewhat limited skills in this area I'm worried about that part of the install if this common. Without making that transition smooth, the ball could hop going up or coming down the ramp, or (if floating slow enough in that area) get caught and stuck there.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks for the pictures! Good to know what people thinking of this restoration option (myself included) can expect.
Not sure how they could get around some of that. Without using spot colors, the printer will always need to blend colors with stippling. Maybe printing at a higher resolution would make it less obvoius? Not sure.
The key-lining around the in-lanes could have been cleaned up before printing, but that is a ton of work and might have raised attention to the other areas being fuzzy.
I guess, hard top truly should be used as a last resort, if theses details would bug a person.

Here's a 4-part series of videos documenting a hardtop install on a Black Knight. The hardtop install I did on my Mata Hari came out fantastic....I think the artwork looks awesome and I'm looking forward to taking the hardtop plunge on my Black Knight soon.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Might be a good suggestion for the hardtop guys that they cut "Ramp shims" out of the waste areas of the hardtop and include them...

Barring that, I picked up a sheet of this last year for $10 - has come in handy with hardtop and playfield protector installs. Just cut out the shims you need:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015H2UMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

I'm hoping that shims alone will take care of the BK ramp transitions. I'll probably take on that hardtop install project later this summer.

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

mathazar This was my first hardtop also, I didn't find the epoxy fill portion for the ramps to be very challenging, what I man to say is I bet you can do it. I tend to over think processes, but it pretty much went down as Cary shows in Ep3 of the install. I went to ACE Hardware picked up some Loctite (there are other brands as good) 5 min epoxy but it needs to have that tube that mixes it as it dispenses. I slowly filled that cutout area for the ramp. Gave it about 5-10 min maybe? It was still soft but setting and then trimmed up the excess with a new razor scraper. If you wait till it hardens you will be sanding ALOT! My advice is to get a razor scraper that allows the blade to be as parallel to the PF as possible it keeps it from gouging into the epoxy. Mine wasn't and I did, but honestly, it's not a big deal as the overall goal is to just fill the channel. The ramp is just shy of .030, so it looks to me that some heavy card stock or a few pieces of paper can be used for a final shim. In short, I suspect you will do well with this, just move slowly. Oh I did end up block sanding the epoxy a bit with some 100g just to help make sure I had it level then hit it with some 400g.
Good Luck!

Thanx for the encouragement! I do tend to over-think stuff like this - I'll get it in my head that the pin is working 100% great now and worry that I'll ruin it and won't be able to get it all back together after I've taken it all apart. I hit road blocks along the way doing my first hardtop on a Mata Hari and got by them, and looking back it really wasn't so bad. Research and patience, research and patience.

I haven't bought the BK hardtop yet so maybe mine will come with extra pieces. I'll probably buy it later this summer...I'm working on Black Jack project at the moment. Got it functionally working 100% - playfield is a bit faded but not in terrible shape for 40 years old. The big challenge with this project is that it'll be my first cabinet repair and paint.

3 weeks later
#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

They drop very easily when moderate or the ball just brushes them, Its the super hard direct hit that don't seem to let them drop for some reason.

I have this same bricking problem on my BK upper playfield targets. I've tried different size springs, different targets, and even raising the targets. I more or less gave up and now treat that as a type of skill shot....hit those targets softer and/or at an angle.

2 weeks later
#1973 4 years ago

I got my BK about a year ago. When I got it, all that was needed were some leaf switch adjustments, some new bulbs (I wound up going with color matched LEDs), and flipper rebuilds to turn it into a nice player. It's been working fine since.

I finally decided to take care of one thing that's been bugging me since I got it - no coin slot lights to illuminate the red "Quarters" plate. One of the previous owners cut it out...literally. No lamp socket on the coin door, and I found two cut wires in the harness (solid yellow and yellow striped with white) that I assumed was for the coin slot lamp.

So, I spliced in some new wire, ran them to a spare lamp socket and mounted it, and sure enough the slot is now lit. Nice! My question:

When the lights on the pin go out during attract mode, and when they flash during the launching of multiball, the coin slight lamp does the same. Is that correct, or should the coin slot light remain illuminated solid during these times? I'm thinking that it's supposed to flash/go out like the other GI lights, but I honestly don't remember the coin slight light behaving like that when I was younger and playing BK in the arcades.

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just played several games on mine just to be sure, but my coin slot bulbs stay on all the time. Attract mode as well as multiball.

Hmm...interesting. I'll trace those wires back later this evening and see where they originate from. My schematics don't show the coin door, either...need to search around the internet for them.

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just played several games on mine just to be sure, but my coin slot bulbs stay on all the time. Attract mode as well as multiball.

epeabs - I don't suppose you could look at the lamp socket on your coin door for me? I'm wondering if there's supposed to be a capacitor across it - I looked on ipdb.com but still can't find a schematic or wiring diagram for the coin door. I checked a few different ~1980 Williams games on there including BK but none had the coin door.

#1983 4 years ago

Thanx for the info, @epeabs. It's going to take a bit more sleuthing on my part.

I do have that cabinet wiring diagram in my stack of paperwork...I had dismissed it earlier because at first glance, it looked to be all switches and no lamps. It wasn't until I looked at it closer after you posted it that there's a GI lamp circuit toward the bottom with three lamps - that must be the coin door slots. No indication of any caps there, either.

I'm wondering if there is something special with the lamp socket itself. Thanx to your picture of the inside of the coin door, I can see that your lamp sockets look different than the lamp sockets on the playfield (at least on my playfield). The lamp socket I'm using on my BK coin door is a spare I had from one of my older Bally games (my BK had no lamp sockets in the coin door when I bought it last year). Maybe the Williams coin door lamp sockets have some sort of capacitance built into the base? I'll do some more digging, and I may still try putting a cap on the suspect lamp socket leads just to see what it does, if anything.

Thanx again....

1 month later
#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Hey guys,new to the club but bk is a top ten for me and so happy to have a nice one but.......some fool sealed the bg with spray paint,wayyyyyy to red now,anyway where should i look for a better bg,i put a wanted ad up but wondered being so popular if someone was doing repo's or nos?

These are nice: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/black-knight/

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

If you go to a show that Mayfair is at, he typically has a BK backglass or two. They are from the second Williams run in the 90s. I had picked one up at Pintastic, and it looks phenomenal. I believe he also ships if you call too. Picture doesn't do it justice.[quoted image]

I've got a Mayfair one myself and can vouch for how good it looks. Didn't think he was still selling them, tho!

BK.jpgBK.jpg
2 months later
#2097 4 years ago

Looks to be in nice shape, too. I don't see much playfield wear at all....that's rare. The yellow skirt on the upper playfield pop bumper is a nice touch...I've seen only white ones there before (including mine).

2 months later
#2138 4 years ago

Mine's centered....

BK01 (resized).jpgBK01 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2237 3 years ago

I put a Cliffys in the upper playfield ball trough - cut down fly-throughs by at least 90%.

4 months later
#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from xamindar:

Has anyone installed one of these? Why is there no talk about them like there are about CPR and even Hard Tops?
https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/black-knight-mirco-playfield-set
I'm curious to know as I want to get one at some point.

OK, I'll talk about it.

Yikes....what's up with that?

BK Mirco (resized).jpgBK Mirco (resized).jpg
#2299 3 years ago

I got a BK hardtop a couple of months ago for a winter project. I've put in hardtops previously for my Mata Hari and EBD...the colors have always looked vibrant to me (not the scanned/reprinted look). Here's the bottom playfield for BK....the colors might look slightly muted because the protective plastic layer is still on. When you peel it off after it's installed (as I've experience on MH and EBD), the colors really pop.

HT01 (resized).jpgHT01 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

2500 – 4 code. Can play, but weird electronic sounds when game is on… not “attract speech”. 45 second video at end.

FWIW, I was getting the 2500-4 code consistently on my BK last year. I was told that's usually indicative of memory problems. My board still had the original battery on it, and after I removed it and replaced the memory chip with a socketed Weebly NVRAM I haven't had that error code since.

3 months later
#2360 3 years ago

In a couple of months, I'm going to be doing a complete teardown of my BK and installing a hardtop. For those of you who have done BK restorations or deep shop jobs, would you by chance have a list of all the playfield lamp socket part numbers and counts for the various types? I've got many "lazy" lamp sockets in my BK and figure I'll just replace them during this process and have enough on hand to do them all if necessary.

If you have a list already, it would save me much research through part manuals and I'd be much obliged if you'd share. Thanx!

5 months later
#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Dezman:

I am curious how you fixed your "2500 4" error. I have just started working on my machine and have this error.

I was getting "2500 4" (indicating some sort of memory error) on my BK last year myself. Changing batteries did not help. The machine was new to me and I wanted to convert to NVRAM anyway, so I did and that made the "2500 4" error go away. Since changing the batteries didn't help initially and now it works with an aftermarket NVRAM solution, I can only assume that one of the CMOS RAM chips on my MPU is bad.

#2450 2 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Just joined the club. I have my work cut out for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Lots of dirt, but that playfield doesn't look too bad! Very little wear, and hardly any at the Magna Saves (which usually have white marks or bare wood showing at the center of the green).

If you start a resto thread, please be sure to post here so we can follow along with your progress!

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

The lack of wear is weird. I’m happy it’s just mostly dirty, but I agree that the normal places are not there.

Maybe the dirt protected the playfield from wear, lol.

1 week later
#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Jim4R:

Two questions regarding the 1980's Black Knight 1) when the ramp bonus is lit, what tells the machine that you have sent a ball up the middle ramp? and 2) I don't have a gate at the top of the middle ramp. Should I try to add it and Are they available?
Thanks for any information.
Jim

It may take some searching around, but you should have that gate for the middle ramp. It looks like this:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6505

Marco's is out of stock on it but I haven't looked at any more places.

More importantly, do you have the hardware/bracket for the gate or is that missing as well? On the underside of the playfield in that area...is the wiring and switch for the gate present/disconnected? That's what tells the game to award the Bonus/Mystery scores....the ball goes up the ramp and enters the upper playfield passing thru the gate, the gate activates the switch, and scores.

005a (resized).jpg005a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Does anyone know where I can source reproduction cabinet labels?

You can find a lot of good stuff here: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

2 months later
#2519 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Not a member but hoping to be. I am looking at a project BK and was wondering if there was any unobtanium parts I should check on? The back glass has some peeling, how easy is it to get a replacement?
Thanks in advance.

If you're looking at a project to buy now, have you noticed anything blatantly damaged or missing?

Backglass and plastics can be gotten from CPR. Drop targets, most playfield parts from Marcos and other sources. CPR used to have playfields but they're out of stock now....be willing to bet they'll make another run in the future. In the meantime, Micro still has playfields I think. Another playfield option is Outside Edge's hardtop - applies right over your existing playfield and make it look (and play) like new. Reese Rails makes beautiful looking rails for BK if yours are old and ratty (like most originals are).

Magna-Save assemblies, if you need them, might be hard to come by from the regular shops but I see them pop up on pinside parts once in a while. Same for power transformers.

If there are issues with any of the boards and they can't be repaired, there are clone options out there (expensive) so unless it's totally acid damaged, it's usually best to stick with the originals and have them professionally repaired/updated if that's out of your wheelhouse.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

[quoted image]
What is this thing? Found in the cabinet of a Black Knight I recently acquired. Nothing is missing as far as I can tell and I'm stumped.

Credit button.

5 months later
#2611 1 year ago

After 2 years of procrastination, I'm finally getting around to restoring my player's condition Black Knight. If you're interested in following, my resto thread is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1980-black-knight-player-s-condition-to-something-better

1 month later
#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

Thanks. Seems like it would be a hard one to misplace.

Here's a picture if you need it.

IMG_1494 (resized).jpgIMG_1494 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2630 1 year ago

I've lost the two hard, foam-like "stoppers" that are attached to the Playfield Glass Channel. Would anyone happen to know the dimensions of these blocks so I can try to recreate them? Or better yet, if you have a couple spares I'd be glad to buy them and save me the hassle of remaking them. Thanx!

Playfield Glass Channel (resized).jpgPlayfield Glass Channel (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hi All,
I was hoping someone in the club would be willing to post a nice picture of the backside of the backbox/insert - backboard - I'm looking to see how to wire up all the sockets as it was done from the factory. The person that did my game did a fine job but used red/black solid sheathed wire and I don't care for the look. I know it was just bare wire stapled from the factory.
Thanks in advance!

If it helps, here's mine.....

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2639 1 year ago

I'm refreshing the tilt board in my BK while repainting the cabinet, and I noticed a leg broken on the cap for the bell switch. I've had the machine a couple of years and never experienced any bell issues, but none the less I'm going to replace the cap.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement cap? Best I could find so far is this but I'm not 100% sure:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-BC-Components/S104Z93Z5VL83L0R?qs=MZE%2F3ll%252Bp%2Fba6C%252BzoK7Jpg%3D%3D

IMG_1988 (resized).jpgIMG_1988 (resized).jpg
#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'm refreshing the tilt board in my BK while repainting the cabinet, and I noticed a leg broken on the cap for the bell switch. I've had the machine a couple of years and never experienced any bell issues, but none the less I'm going to replace the cap.
Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement cap? Best I could find so far is this but I'm not 100% sure:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-BC-Components/S104Z93Z5VL83L0R?qs=MZE%2F3ll%252Bp%2Fba6C%252BzoK7Jpg%3D%3D[quoted image]

I think I can use this guy: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C.1M500VR

1 week later
#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

So I'm working my way through the mechs on my game, doing the drop target banks now. Is there some trick I'm missing to get these things back together easily? I was able to - but felt like I needed 3 hands to balance everything.
If you ever needed to replace 1 spring on these I'm guessing you have no choice but to pull/disassemble the entire target mech...

I've never tried doing that while the mech is still in the machine, but I have found during my BK restore that the drop target mechs are much simpler and easier to disassemble/reassemble vs. early Bally and early Stern (IMO).

IMG_1482 (resized).jpgIMG_1482 (resized).jpg
#2660 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Where did you get the BK drop target stickers?

Marcos. $12 for a complete set. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30-7603

3 weeks later
#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I would rather fit a hard top or playfield protector from now on and be done with it. Life is too short.

Same here. I'm in the middle of a BK restore as I type.....hardtop/playfield finished, working on the cabinet now. Can't wait to play it again!

IMG_1656 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 (resized).jpg
#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

The ball keeps blasting through the lock when no balls are locked... Even the slowest shots still make the ball fly through, so locking a ball is tough as nails.. Anyone got an idea on how to fix that? Thanks!

I also use a small piece of foam like Michel_K17 which does radically reduce the fly-throughs. Cliffy makes a protector for that edge and I put one in my BK as well....that, along with the foam piece, pretty much eliminates all fly-throughs. Every once in a while, if I hit it just right and wicked hard, it'll still fly through but it's rare. I say maybe 1 or 2 times out of a hundred.

Here's a shot of my Cliffy before I tore down my BK for restoration. And yes, I removed the protective film from the Cliffy during the restoration, lol.

IMG_6071a (resized).jpgIMG_6071a (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2713 1 year ago

Looking for some ideas on what might be wrong with my newly-restored Black Knight. I've had a players condition BK for a few years now and it's been great other than cosmetic condition - first thing I did when I got it was bullet proof the boards, rebuilt all 4 flippers, and fixed an intermittent grounding problem in the lower cab. After that, it was a solid player for years.

I spent the last several months tearing everything apart to clean/rebuild assemblies, fix and repaint the cab, and put down a new hardtop. The pin looks terrific now and I started flipping games last night. I'm in the final stages of tweaking things now that everything is put back together and working.

Here's the last issue on my punch list: my left flipper no longer has the "ooomph" to get up either of the two right ramps. Ball gets just about to the top of the middle ramp before rolling back and maybe up to the halfway point on the right-most ramp. Sometimes if the ball is coming down the left inlane fast enough and I time it right, I can get the ball up the right ramps. But from a position where I'm holding the ball with the left flipper and then let it roll down, there is just not enough energy to make it up those right ramps. I used to be able to fly that ball up there without a problem before I tore the pin down for the restore. And after the restore, the right flipper can get the ball up the big left ramp with relative ease (and it can even backhand the ball up the middle ramp).

I rebuilt the flippers a few years ago and they still look good - the only thing I changed during this restore is I put on new flipper bats since the originals had cracks in them (OEM Williams, same size/type/style as the original). And of course a new rubber set. Here's what I've checked for the left flipper:

- EOS switch is operating properly, i.e. the coil is at full power when you hit the flipper button and then the EOS disengages for the lower voltage hold power.
- The EOS switch is not kicking in too early, i.e. the switch contact points become separate at the very last point where the flipper is fully extended.
- There is no drag of the flipper across the playfield.
- Voltages look correct across the coil lugs for rest, initial flip, and hold
- I've tried various set positions of the flipper bat thinking maybe the flipper angle would affect hit power (it didn't in this case)
- I cleaned the contact points on the cabinet flipper switch

The SFL-19 400/30-750-DC left flipper coil looks like it's the original. Do coils get "tired" after 42 years (I don't think so)? Could it be the coil?

Thanks in advance for any additional insight...

IMG_2448 (resized).jpgIMG_2448 (resized).jpg
#2715 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Do you have the proper amount of vertical play between the bat and bushing?

The bat isn't dragging on the playfield if that's what you mean? I've got about a credit card width of clearance there.

#2716 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Do you have the proper amount of vertical play between the bat and bushing?

Wait, I think I know what you're saying now. I will check when I get back home this afternoon.

#2720 1 year ago

This is starting to get frustrating. Additional steps taken (thank you @gjm7777, @zacaj, @billc479):

- There is 1mm of play pulling up vertically on the left flipper with 1mm between the bat and the bushing
- All four flippers have new switches for the coil
- Even tho it was clean and less than 3 years old, I replaced the coil sleeve for the left flipper
- Cabinet flipper switches cleaned with alcohol and a burnishing tool
- 3J3 reseated several times. The male headers on the PCB were replaced a few years ago during board bullet proofing. Female connector looks good and clean, no corrosion, looseness in the pins, or burn marks on the connector.

I thought I might've been on to something when I noticed that the there was slightly more tension from the left plunger spring vs. the right thinking that if there were less tension, perhaps it will flip harder. I still have the box of old parts from tear down, and I put the original plunger spring back in (indeed, the spring that came with the rebuild kit was a little longer). But even with the original, less-tension plunger spring, I still can't get the ball all the way up the middle or right ramps to the upper playfield.

The SFL-19 400/30-750-DC left flipper coil looks like it's the original. Do coils get "tired" after 42 years (I don't think so)? Could it be the coil?

#2721 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I’m curious what your cabinet grounding issues were as I’m dealing with flaky coin door lights and magnets at the moment.

Staple repairs/hacks by previous owners resulted in some unstable (loose) ground connections at the two circled areas where multiple ground straps came together. If any of the ground braiding in that area moved or were touched at all, the game would reset. This occurred most often if the playfield was lifted into the service position with the game on. During game play, a decent nudge would also trigger the game reset.
z (resized).jpgz (resized).jpg

During the restore, I ran all new ground braids and made sure all points of connections were secure.
IMG_2128 (resized).jpgIMG_2128 (resized).jpg

#2723 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Sometimes new switches have a thin oil coating from the manufacturing process, which is why I suggested cleaning the switches at the flipper coils.

I gave cleaning the switches at the flipper coils a shot, no change.

Earlier I tried cleaning up the cabinet left flipper switch as well....but it still looks 40 years old and could be suspect (tho it worked before the restore).
IMG_2465 (resized).jpgIMG_2465 (resized).jpg

Anyway, I don't have the right parts on hand to build a Make-Make double flipper switch stack so I ordered a new one tonight....probably will have it in hand by Thursday. After that....I'm not sure what the next move would be if I still can't make it up the middle and right ramps.

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Yeah I would get a new cabinet switch as well.
In the meantime you could swap the coil from the right mech to the left and see if the problem transfers, plus you will resolder the connections in the process which I’d also do at this point. I suppose you could do the same with the cabinet switches too.
I’m also wondering what you have your game leveled at. I can’t get it much past 6 deg even with the casters fully raised on the back legs.

I was thinking the same thing (swapping coils around) while I'm waiting for a new cab flipper switch. I'll probably give that a go tomorrow night.

I don't have BK leveled at the moment - just finished getting all the rollover switches working, rebuilding the pop bumper (I neglected to do that during the tear down) and now getting this last, finicky flipper to work. Last bit to do is the disassembly/clean/polish/rebuild the coin door. I'll start that after I get this flipper fixed.

When I had BK running in my rec room as a player, I kept the slope at 6.4 which is just about the max I can go with the old leg levelers I had on it. But....after a few test games the other night with the game back together, I may experiment with 5.5-6.0 as it is wicked-fast now with the hardtop. No more floaty ball action.

In fact, now that you mention it, I have brand new leg levelers on the powder coated legs now and they're maxed in the back and lowest in the front. I don't know what the slope is currently since I haven't checked....if these levelers are higher than my previous ones, perhaps I'm > 6.4 and maybe that's another variable for "not getting up the ramp". I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

If you want to check out the restoration, I have a thread on it (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1980-black-knight-player-s-condition-to-something-better).

#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

In fact, now that you mention it, I have brand new leg levelers on the powder coated legs now and they're maxed in the back and lowest in the front. I don't know what the slope is currently since I haven't checked....if these levelers are higher than my previous ones, perhaps I'm > 6.4 and maybe that's another variable for "not getting up the ramp". I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

Well, so much for that. My new leg levelers are actually shorter than the originals, and with the back maxed and the front all the way down, the slope (measured on the playfield, not the glass) is only 5.2. Even at 5.2, the hardtop is playing wicked fast with no floaty ball action. But at only 5.2, I don't think the slope is playing a part in the ramp issue.

Back to swapping L/R flipper coils to see if the issue follows the coil or stays with the left flipper while waiting for the new cab flipper switch stack to come in.

#2728 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Since you've tried nearly everything at this point, it really wouldn't hurt to try replacing the female connector at 3J3. I remember going through hell trying to get a buddy's BK flippers working and after trying nearly everything, it was replacing both sides of 3J3 that finally fixed the problem. I was reading correct voltage at the coils before and after the fix--can't always trust the meter on some of these repairs...doesn't always tell the whole story.

I'm willing to try anything at this point and 3J3 is only 9 pins. If I get some time tonight, I'll give it a shot.

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Since you've tried nearly everything at this point, it really wouldn't hurt to try replacing the female connector at 3J3. I remember going through hell trying to get a buddy's BK flippers working and after trying nearly everything, it was replacing both sides of 3J3 that finally fixed the problem. I was reading correct voltage at the coils before and after the fix--can't always trust the meter on some of these repairs...doesn't always tell the whole story.

Quoted from Mathazar:

I'm willing to try anything at this point and 3J3 is only 9 pins. If I get some time tonight, I'll give it a shot.

Well, I couldn't wait - it's only 6 pins on a 9-pin connector so it took me only a few minutes to repin the 3J3 IDC connector to Molex. No improvement. Will try swapping L/R flipper coils tonight, fingers crossed that or the new cab flipper switch (which will arrive by Friday) will be the answer.

IMG_2467 (resized).jpgIMG_2467 (resized).jpgIMG_2468 (resized).jpgIMG_2468 (resized).jpg
#2733 1 year ago

Interesting development for those of you following my weak lower left flipper saga in my recent posts here....

I put a piece of paper between the contacts for the left upper flipper so that it does not engage, and now I can consistently make shots up the middle ramp with the lower left flipper. It's as if the switch for the upper left flipper is "stealing power" from the lower left flipper. I still can't make it up the right ramp all the way (it's better), but there's something definitely going on with that left flipper cab switch stack that cleaning and burnishing won't rectify.

USPS tracking says new switch stack arrives Thursday. Crossing my fingers.

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can try just adjusting the second contact wider, or opening the upper EOS more. Later bi-levels changed their wiring to lower the power to the upper flippers while the lowers were firing to address this issue

If that works (and it probably would) that's good for getting up the middle ramp now, but I still can't get all the way up the right ramp even with the upper flipper switch contact blocked off entirely. Hoping the brand new switch gives me more power, Scotty. I'm givin' 'er all she's got now.

#2738 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I know you are redoing the whole game, but have you considered doing WPC style mechs for the lower two flippers? I did this to my game and it certainly helped overall, even hardtopped and around 6 degrees pitch the game screams and I can rip up the left and right ramps on a solid hit. It really makes the game that much more awesome, but the turnaround shot is that* much riskier for the multiplier.

I think that's my next move if the new cab switch doesn't help my issue...

#2739 1 year ago

There is an end to my weak flipper saga! But it's not what I thought it would be....

New cab flipper switch arrived today, I swapped it out for the old and crusty one, AND......same weak flipper problem.

Just to cover all the bases, when I bought the new switch I also put a new flipper coil in my basket. And after the new switch didn't resolve the problem, I figured what the hell - I took out the 42 year old coil, put in the new one, and bam....there's so much author-A-TIE in that left flipper now I'm getting up the middle and right ramps with EASE. And not just the middle and right ramps....in my practice game, I even backhanded the ball up the long left ramp with that left flipper with power to spare. And to top it off on that backhanded shot....the Extra Ball light was lit at the top of the ramp and off went the bell. Couldn't be happier.

I'm sure the original coil is fine - coils don't go weak. If anything, if a coil starts to fail, the resistance will go down and the coil will get stronger or short out / fry. Resistance won't be added.

So the issue, in all likelihood, was the coil sleeve (the new coil came with a new sleeve which of course I left in when I installed it). I rebuilt these flippers a couple years ago and when I rebuild flippers, of course I always put in new coil sleeves. Except apparently in this case, I did not. And now, 2 years later, I had assumed I did back then. So during this triage, I didn't bother to check.

Well...the end of that coil sleeve at the coil stop is indeed a bit mangled. And mangled just enough that it's putting just enough drag on the plunger to sap a little bit of power.

This is one I won't forget! Appreciate the help and advise along the way, guys.

Next up: restoring the coin door and then this project is done.

IMG_2473a (resized).jpgIMG_2473a (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2772 1 year ago

Here are some lighting mods I did on my BK during a refurb/resto.

Even tho the LED strips were warm white, I still wound up putting a dimmer on to tone them down a bit more:
IMG_1578a (resized).jpgIMG_1578a (resized).jpg
IMG_1581 (resized).jpgIMG_1581 (resized).jpg

I also found an unused hole in the upper playfield (at least it was unused on my original playfield) so I put a socket and LED there:
IMG_1579a (resized).jpgIMG_1579a (resized).jpg

I went with Reese Rails (in black) instead of the original blonde. This pic was before I put in the brightness control for the Comet LED strips:
IMG_2555 (resized).JPGIMG_2555 (resized).JPG

Overall really happy with the way it turned out. Ironically, it's not complete yet - I have the coin door parts still out for powder coating. I'm using alligator clips to coin up / start a game in the meantime, lol.
IMG_2553 (resized).jpgIMG_2553 (resized).jpg

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

You sure it was unused? On my original pf, that hole is where the wires come up which go to the three top-mounted GI sockets under the long plastic. There is another hole that is unused a few inches farther down but it's right where the first socket is - where you routed your LED strip wires.

I think you're right! Here's a pic from my original tear down - the red arrow is the original empty hole (at least it was empty on my original playfield) that I used for the LED strip wiring, and the green arrow is the hole (under the guide) where the original wire loom came up for those three GI lights.

IMG_1508a (resized).jpgIMG_1508a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from andylama:

BLUE Drop Targets?
I know somewhere in this 56-page thread, I saw pictures of someone's BK that has blue drop targets on the left side of the PF.
Are those commercially available somewhere, or was that a homebrew 3D-printing project?
I'd love a set of those blue ones for my table.

Here's the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/25#post-4543759

1 month later
#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Hello; my girlfriend has a BK we picked up a year or so ago; her family had one when she was a kid and wanted for her collection. My experience in dealing with games has been newer (90's and newer) and older (one old EM game I have), so this era of machine is new to me (electronics, but weirder than I'm used to!).
It has been working fine, but a while back the Start button stopped working. It's been in freeplay, but even adding credits, the button doesn't operate. Thinking it was just a dirty switch, I tried cleaning it, and then even jumpered it with a piece of metal, and it's not starting the game. Also confirmed the physical switch seems to work fine by testing it with a multimeter continuity test.
This seemed odd to me, so I've been mining this thread for more info, and see there's a whole concept of a "switch matrix".
Am I correct in understanding that if one of the other switches in the same column or row as the start button is not operating, it can also stop the start button from working?
I see this general Williams guide mentioned in the thread: http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/FlipperManual.pdf
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/15#post-3802375

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/18#post-4146945

In looking at that FlipperManual.pdf above, I don't see where these "pins" for the "switch matrix" would be, where I might be jumpering between. Is that in the backbox somewhere?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/30#post-4665386

Aha, good to know the start button == "credit button"!
This post has a picture of the "switch matrix":

So, I think my plan is to:
- Try and get into switch test mode
- Test all of the switches in column 1 and row 3
- See if I can find where these switch matrix "pins" are to possibly jumper (still not real clear on this bit)
- PROFIT (oh, wait)
- Try and identify which of these switches (because it doesn't seem to be Start/Credit button switch itself) is not working (would it likely be OPEN? Or CLOSED?)
Seem about right? Thank you!

This may sound like a longshot, but worth it if it turns out to be the issue.

BK will not start a game if one or more balls are "not present" in the upper or lower troughs. Make sure there are no balls stuck somewhere on the playfield (outside of the troughs), make sure the balls in the troughs are actually sitting on their rollover switches, and lastly make sure those rollover switches in the troughs are registering in the switch test.

#2820 1 year ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Holy heck Mathazar you nailed it. There was no ball in the top trough, which is something I never ever would have realized was a possible problem without your help. Many thanks!

Glad it's living again! But I want to be clear about something....you don't actually need a ball in the top trough to start a game. It can be empty and all 3 balls in the bottom trough....that should allow you to start a game, too. But what you discovered is a pretty major clue to the real root cause: if you have all three balls in the bottom trough, and the top trough is empty, and you cannot start a game that likely means one of the three rollover switches in the bottom trough isn't working right. You can narrow that down in the switch test.

Put the game in switch test mode with no balls in the game. Use your finger to depress each of the rollover switches, one at a time, in the bottom trough (you may need to remove the apron to access to rollover switches). If the switch is working, for each one you'll get the appropriate switch number displayed on the backglass and an audible tone.

#2821 1 year ago

johnstewart - if you're unfamiliar with the BK switch test, this video will help you. It's blurry, but really informative. About 5 minutes in he starts talking specifically about how the switch test works, but I'd recommend you watch the whole video if you've not done any System 7 machine self tests (like Black Knight) or need a refresher:

2 weeks later
#2828 1 year ago

Finished my Black Knight coin door this weekend and this pretty much completes the restoration. Time to play!

IMG_2498 (resized).jpgIMG_2498 (resized).jpgIMG_2509 (resized).jpgIMG_2509 (resized).jpgIMG_3439 (resized).jpgIMG_3439 (resized).jpgIMG_3443 (resized).jpgIMG_3443 (resized).jpgIMG_3445 (resized).jpgIMG_3445 (resized).jpgIMG_3448 (resized).jpgIMG_3448 (resized).jpgIMG_3449 (resized).jpgIMG_3449 (resized).jpgIMG_3450 (resized).jpgIMG_3450 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpg
#2831 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Looking great!
How's it playing?

It's playing fan-damn-tastic. It's super-lively with the new rubber set, the hardtop is fast, and the flippers and slings are strong. Drop targets are all behaving nicely and the spinner is smooth. I'm most pleased with the three ball transition areas where I used to get annoying hops:

- upper playfield as the ball rolls along the long rubber feeding into the upper left flipper
- both lower inlanes that feed to the flippers

All three areas are dialed in now for silky smooth transitions...no hops as the ball reaches the flipper!

One thing I'm going to work on - my upper trough still has the occasional fly-through when it's empty and the first ball in is hit hard. I'd say it flies through 2 time out of 10. It used to be 6 or 7 out of 10 before I put in the Cliffy and rigged up a small piece of foam to slow the ball down upon entry, so it's better. But I can probably twiddle with it some more to make it bullet-proof.

Going to enjoy the game and a nice clean rec room for a little while, then set up my streaming/recording rig to capture some gameplay for my restoration thread.

#2836 1 year ago

So I'm going to admit to something embarassing. I had no idea until my coin door restoration was finished and I was putting on my repro'd labels.

My only excuse is that this is my first Williams SS restoration (even tho I've had and played this Black Knight for a few years already prior to the restore, lol).

My original coin door came with one yellow cover for the right most coin slot switch and it didn't have the OEM sticker on it. I thought it was just a cover to protect the leaf switch from dust, dirt, whatever. After I reassembled the coin door and starting applying the decals, I saw the text of the sticker that goes on the yellow cover saying "PRESS HERE TO ENTER CREDITS". I thought "that's odd...there no button there or anything" and that's when I noticed a part of that yellow cover is a ridge pressed up against the leaf switch. And there's a notch cut into the top of the yellow cover. And when you press on the upper part of that yellow cover, it goes into the notch, the ridge presses against and closes the leaf switch, and a credit is added. Brilliant.

Yellow Cover (resized).jpgYellow Cover (resized).jpgYellow Cover Sticker (resized).jpgYellow Cover Sticker (resized).jpg
#2841 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Not a fan of the black coin door. Such a shame to cover the beautiful stainless.

Not surprised - you've not liked my BK resto job since I stripped off the scratched paint to repair the gouged and planked cabinet and head, lol.

That's the beauty of this hobby - there's room for everybody.

2 weeks later
#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

Fixing up this black knight and wanting to correct this gi hack. Can anyone take a couple pics showing how the upper pf right side gi wiring should look?

Actually, there is no wiring in that area which makes those plastics pretty dark, hence the GI hack in that location. I've done that myself but using LED strips. Here's what my upper playfield looked like before the hardtop install, then after with the GI light mods for places that originally didn't have GI.

IMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1578a (resized).jpgIMG_1578a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2890 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Use the colors you like. I used orange, red and yellow rubbers.

I went with black flippers with red rubbers (white rubbers everywhere else), black posts, black pop bumper skirt, and black rails.

IMG_2555 (resized).JPGIMG_2555 (resized).JPG
#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

OK still trying to get the upper playfield removed. I've taken out the screws I can find and something is holding it in yet. The right side seems to be free, but it's something on the left that I am missing.
I took out one screw from the left rail, 2 along the back and 2 from the right side. Also removed the screws from the metal ramps.
Any idea what I could be missing?
Chris

It's been a year or so since I had mine apart, but I put X's in the spots were I recollect having to remove screws:
IMG_1391a (resized).jpgIMG_1391a (resized).jpg

Also some other misc. pix if it helps:

IMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1396 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#2995 10 months ago
Quoted from jibmums:

BK has two foam rubber blocks adhered to the rear glass channel, highlighted in the photo below, I guess they're supposed to keep the playfield in place when the game is moved. Mine crumbled when I cleaned up the channel, anyone ever replaced these? Looking for a part number or a similar substitute from a hardware store.[quoted image]

I lost mine as well during the restoration of my Black Knight. I was thinking that the black packing foam blocks that are used in some shipments would make a good substitute when cut down to the correct shape and size, but frankly I just abandoned the idea and didn't bother replacing mine. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1980-black-knight-player-s-condition-to-something-better/page/3#post-7414071

1 month later
#3005 8 months ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Random question, does anyone US based make an apron decal? Paint on one of my aprons is mostly gone and only seeing European based sellers

Quality varies.

ebay.com link: itm

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-BK-AP

2 weeks later
#3027 8 months ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Is it safe to plug in all other non-playfield connectors and power on?

Should be ok. Here's a video of Chris at HEP with his first power-on of a Gorgar restoration (System 6 vs Black Knight being a System 7) with no playfield attached. Power-on is about 7min in.

1 week later
#3034 7 months ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Spoke too soon. Found a loose white/green(?) Wire at the slam tilt switch on the coin door.
Anyone know where this goes to?
[quoted image]

I think that's White with Purple. Goes to the non-banded side of the lug with the diode. Here's my BK coin door:

IMG_4667 (resized).jpgIMG_4667 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpgIMG_4668 (resized).jpg
#3036 7 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Nice looking coin door! Is the banded side of the diode on your slam tilt switch soldered? It doesn't look like it in those pictures....

Thanks! Yes, it's soldered but not very well. Now that you've pointed that out to me, it's bugging me to no end. Going to reflow the solder there right now, lol!

#3045 7 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Going by memory, there was a retrograde kit Wms had to upgrade from leaf to micro switches. If you find the bulletin, it may have the part numbers you need for the switches.

I think the Black Night Limited Edition (1981, 600 made) went to microswitches. If someone in this thread has the LE, would great if you could post pictures of the trough switches to see how Williams handled the mounting positions. When I restored my regular 1980 BK, I went to microswitches for all switches except the troughs - couldn't get the positioning right without making mods to various surrounding brackets, and I didn't want to get into re-fabbing any metal bits.

1 month later
#3080 6 months ago

FYI in case you're in the market - I've decided to let my Black Knight go (along with a couple of other restorations) in order to fund a new project.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “The restoration of this 43 year old pinball machine is a mix of new and original parts. I put about 120 hours labor into this restoration. Here's a rundown of the new parts - eve...”
2023-10-08
Broomfield, CO
4,250 (Firm)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 250 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only?tu=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.