• 3,201 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg
39AEBF82-A933-49F4-BBBB-BC68B30656EE (resized).jpeg
bk_sst.jpg
IMG_9825 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turdbol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1893 4 years ago

Inviting myself into my first club here! Picked this up the other day for dirt cheap. It doesn't currently work, the battery holder has a decent amount of corrosion but the boards 'appear' clean. I pulled the batteries and it boots to test mode, but upon exiting - it will appear 'ready' to start a game, but none of the attract lights work. The game boots to a 2500 03 code in test mode - with no batteries or balls in it. Before I convinced it to get into test mode, it would blow the F2 fuse for solenoid. So in test mode, the flippers work, but none of the solenoids do. I think this will be a fun project and I know NOTHING about pins - so the whole thing will be an in depth learning process!

IMG_7024 (resized).JPGIMG_7024 (resized).JPGIMG_7025 (resized).JPGIMG_7025 (resized).JPGIMG_7026 (resized).JPGIMG_7026 (resized).JPGIMG_7027 (resized).JPGIMG_7027 (resized).JPGIMG_7028 (resized).JPGIMG_7028 (resized).JPGIMG_7044 (resized).JPGIMG_7044 (resized).JPGIMG_7059 (resized).JPGIMG_7059 (resized).JPG
#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Sounds like the game is booting into audits since the batteries are not installed and the CMOS is not saving settings. Either get NVRAM to replace the 5101 or install a remote battery holder.
You can try and get it to boot by opening the coin door and turning the game off and back on as fast as you can. Sometimes it takes a few tried but that should get you into attract mode.
I assume it is no longer booting with the 0 in the display on the CPU board. That points to other issues.

When I plugged batteries into it - into the corroded holder - it went back to booting to 0. Eventually changed to a 2. I got the batteries back out, and back into the audit mode it went. I do have a new battery holder on order as well as brand new lithium batteries.

#1898 4 years ago

Well - I am happy to report that a good friend of mine in the area knows a lot more about Pinball than I do, and I brought the machine over to him. We switched to a watch battery, cleaned some chips, and swapped out for a new driver board, and the game fired right up! However, it's only running at 98% as I am getting NO speech sounds!! When I turn the volume on the both the board and the cabinet, I can get scratching in the speaker, but no speech. The roms looked a little crispy, so I wonder if they went bad. I haven't checked voltages yet, but does anyone have any ideaS?!

#1903 4 years ago

Does anyone know if this wire location is correct? I can't believe it would be. This is a wire from a GI light on the left side of the playfield. It illuminates here and then the two wires run right into the drop target and go under the playfield. Where should these wires really be located?!

IMG_7110 (resized).JPGIMG_7110 (resized).JPGIMG_7111 (resized).JPGIMG_7111 (resized).JPG
#1905 4 years ago

Also - does anyone know - my BK has white on top of the pop bumper, but all the repros I have seen are all red. In fact, I haven't seen a single white one (that I can recall) in this thread. What's the deal with the white?

e (resized).jpge (resized).jpg
#1907 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! When someone posts a screenshot of where the wires go I will be excited to re-route it. I've never put LED's in a game (first pinball) but I think that'll be on tap after the initial cleaning and I get all the rubbers put on. Ordered the prototype plastics today -

Also - the menu is rather confusing. What happens now is one coin = 3 credits. Is anyone able to walk me through on how to fix that?

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Mine doesn't have it either. That's not an original GI lamp location. No way Williams would have one there without a hole nearby to run the wiring through. A previous owner must have added it to brighten up a dark spot.

This continues to baffle me - I am taking the playfield apart for cleaning, and there is no other hole where this could go, and no hole for a light behind the drop target.

IMG_7132 (resized).JPGIMG_7132 (resized).JPGIMG_7133 (resized).JPGIMG_7133 (resized).JPGIMG_7134 (resized).JPGIMG_7134 (resized).JPGIMG_7135 (resized).JPGIMG_7135 (resized).JPGIMG_7136 (resized).JPGIMG_7136 (resized).JPGIMG_7137 (resized).JPGIMG_7137 (resized).JPG
#1913 4 years ago

Also - is anyone aware of any place selling BK plastics? Everywhere seems sold out

#1931 4 years ago

Sound on my game doesn't work - realized dip switches were in wrong positions - fixed them - still no sound. Dang.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1,059.00
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turdbol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only?tu=Turdbol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.